• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Where does FF9 fit in?

I’m only looking at games that have been actually announced.

There are all the FF9 references in Dawntrail, so maybe it will be announced before that releases. Having that at the Xbox Showcase may be a good change of pace since Sony has gotten all the big FF stuff recently.

Btw, another KH merch event has been announced for Japan. This one runs from 6/7 to 7/7. So we now have one that starts the day of the SoP and one that starts the day of SGF. Lol.

Side note: I love that the pink pouch has Riku’s Keyblade. Lol

IMG_2371.jpeg

I also know this is Days themed for the 15th anniversary. But imagine we get an announcement of a Days remake by h.a.n.d.?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Perpetual optimism scenario: We have decided to cancel our KH mobile offerings and have instead decided to remake 358/2 Days, for all the platforms! *everyone cheers, flowers are thrown at the devs*

(please don't tell me this would make less money than a gacha, I know)

xenosaga

Awards
For some reason I feel like FFIX will get announced at Nintendo show.... even though FFIX doesn't really have the connection with Nintendo lol.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I'm still sorta on the fence about KH4 showing up at the SoP but it's crazy how almost ten years ago we got Ux and KH3 at the same E3 conference but now people feel like only one game HAS to be focused on before the other gets its turn.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
The literal 2 things I have an aversion to 🤣 I've been bracing myself for the last 2 years so I'm sort of over it now

I think we're the only two people that think that SW and Marvel absolutely do not belong, and we're about to get punched in the face 😑

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I personally believe the MCU in particular doesn't belong

A standard Marvel world that's more comic-based with a stylized look? Hopin' for that and if the look doesn't happen I can hope the world would primarily focus around Schpaidah-Man

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The literal 2 things I have an aversion to 🤣 I've been bracing myself for the last 2 years so I'm sort of over it now
I don't think SW's broader universal mechanics like The Force, planetary genocide, and familial betrayal gel super well with KH.

But the Jim Henson-y sillyness, the sword fighting, the schmaltz, the use of space ships, and riding around on bikes and shit totally does. In a way, if you go back and watch the original cantina scene from A New Hope, there's... there's no visual cohesion. It's pure nonsense. You could stick Sora, Donald, and Goofy into that scene and they'd blend in more than they ever have in any other property.

I think as long as they keep SW relatively truncated and simplified, it'll feel more like a natural KH world than one might expect.

Chie

Awards
Also, as I said every time, so much of Final Fantasy (and KH by proxy) is taken from Star Wars. So including Star Wars in the game set in Quadratum is the most appropriate possible thing to ever do.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, if the Spanish leaker is right no then KH4 at the SoP. Xbox showcase, I'm trusting you next.

olu

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
There’s a leaker who was right about the Steam ports, DQ3 being multi-platform, and some other things that posted hints to what is in the State of Play. Nothing screams out KH4 unfortunately.

Ah well. We can't be too disappointed about that.

At least we still have the SGF and the ML news that's essentially confirmed to be coming sometime in early June. Let's keep the spirits high regardless 💯

NoWay

Awards
Apart from hoping to get a new KH4 trailer, I want them to upload a proper video??? I mean, the first trailer is hidden in the anniversary video. How could they be THAT stupid to lose views because of not uploading the trailer properly?

I’m also on the SGF train. I’m Really doubting that we’ll get the re-reveal trailer today. If we don’t get a trailer this year then maybe the game’s cancelled. 🤡

Last edited:

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Ah well. We can't be too disappointed about that.

At least we still have the SGF and the ML news that's essentially confirmed to be coming sometime in early June. Let's keep the spirits high regardless 💯

Yeah as I thought, SGF makes more sense due to the ability to show both Missing Link and KH4 in one event. My hope is they announce Missing Link pre-registration via a tweet today/tomorrow and confirm a new look will debut at SGF. Then KH4 will be a surprise at the event.

Reactions: olu
Back