• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

olu

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
From a scale of 'Not a chance' to 'maybe....', how confident are we in regards to anything KH related showing up in Thursday's State of Play?

xenosaga

Awards
From a scale of 'Not a chance' to 'maybe....', how confident are we in regards to anything KH related showing up in Thursday's State of Play?
I think it's at least 'maybe...' level for me. Until Geoff actually announces SE for SGF, I think this is the most likely place for KH4 to show up in coming month out of all the possible shows.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I never doubted you Sony. Save us from Geoff's awful showcase.

giphy.gif

Are you prepared to perish with this belief

Liodin

Awards
I think it's at least 'maybe...' level for me. Until Geoff actually announces SE for SGF, I think this is the most likely place for KH4 to show up in coming month out of all the possible shows.
If it were a Showcase I would not be that sure.

But as I analyzed the other day in my post, I believe that being a State of Play greatly increases the chances of it showing up.

Who knows, maybe we will have a double trailer like in 2018 👀

Remember, some partners will not be revealed before the event. So until the end, there will be a chance.

Geoff knows what he's doing, and he knew that after Rebirth it was KH4's turn, and how loyal we fans are. So he has been laying the groundwork since last year for this moment:

Even now we could add:
He is fueling rumors that KH4 may be at his event, which makes fans want to see it just in case. SE sees that people are speculating about this, and sees that we are receptive to seeing KH4 at that event, even more so than at Sony's.

Now put yourselves in SE's shoes. This already happened last year with Rebirth, by the way.
You have two events with big audiences. Where do you show the trailer, in the one that is going to have several big announcements or the one that is going to have few big announcements and many medium ones?

Well, as SE did last year, you want your game to get all the attention, so you want as little competition as possible. And on top of that, Rebirth was exclusive to Sony, and yet it was shown at the SGF and in the Showcase they showed XVI, when they could have done it the other way around.

But rumor has it that this year will be a State of Play, so that's a different story.

So maybe, Sony and Geoff are fighting to have the trailer, and that's why he hasn't been able to reveal it yet.

But I feel like SE wants to capitalize on the KH4 announcement to promote ML and the Steam release.

Now the question is, do they want to show the KH4 trailer at the Sony event, and the others at the SGF, so that each thing has its moment and generates hype and discussion on both days? Or show everything at the SGF, so KH is the protagonist and gets all the users and media attention?

Of course all this only makes sense IF there is a trailer to be shown. But certainly all the speculation that is forming is not unfounded.

Reactions: olu

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I kinda doubt KH4 will show up here tbh

But hey, Tekken 8 was announced at a State of Play so

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ain’t no way Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts are going to be at the same event. (Nah it’s possible but lol)

All hail king Erdrick

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think the rumour is for the Dragon Quest HD-2D trilogy is it's at Nintendo's show.

I just hope it's the time for Final Fantasy IX Remake to finally show itself. Worst kept secret.

The SoP is on at 7am JST. Here's hoping that SE gets some buzz out of it and rolls Missing-Link pre-registration into that. Get the excitement and hype from people and turn that into them signing up for pre-reg.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Here’s a possible scenario:

- small KH4 teaser at the State of Play tomorrow with a Missing Link announcement on socials afterward that pre-registration is going live and to tune into SGF for a trailer.
- full KH4 and Missing Link trailers both appear at SGF.
- Visions of Mana (and Octopath II) at the Xbox Showcase
- DQ Erdrick Trilogy at the Nintendo Direct

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Has there been any inkling on when the next round of SGF partners are being announced?

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Has there been any inkling on when the next round of SGF partners are being announced?

Haven’t seen anything yet. The only possible clue is that Atlus was confirmed around 1pm EST last Wednesday. So maybe they’ll announce another partner today?

I could also see them confirming SE tomorrow/Friday after they potentially show something at the SoP.

Back