• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
You know, another possibility could be KH stuff tomorrow/Friday and then SGF could be where they announce either the FFXVI PC port or a Rebirth PC port. Potentially even both. The former is supposed to come out within the next 10 months or so. And the latter’s exclusivity is expiring today and I think they’ll want to get it on another platform ASAP.

HakaishinChampa

Legendary Member
Awards
I think it's safe to assume we'll get a trailer sometime this year, hopefully this summer, I do have faith in Summer Game Fest.

If there's no trailer or even interviews this year, I have no idea what Square Enix is doing.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I think it's safe to assume we'll get a trailer sometime this year, hopefully this summer, I do have faith in Summer Game Fest.

If there's no trailer or even interviews this year, I have no idea what Square Enix is doing.

Based on recent news, I'm not sure Square Enix has any idea what Square Enix is doing.

the red monster

Awards
this being a state of play and not a showcase makes the chances kinda lower.. but FFXVI second trailer was on state of play may 30 i think. if square is ready to show the game, this event should be it.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
I’m fully prepared to be disappointed, but I can’t lie that I’m not incredibly hyped for tomorrow and SGF. The timing feels right more so than it has up to this point. Not just because of how long it has been, but with all the specific circumstances currently going on:

- Very few announced games they could show
- the Ichiban Kuji starting the same day as the SoP
- Kairi Play Arts finally releasing after 4 delays
- confirmation of ML pre-registration starting by the 4th
- Steam ports coming the week after these events are done

Thanks to these factors, it feels like the fanbase is primed right now for news in a way we haven’t been really since the 20th anniversary. It would be a huge missed opportunity not to show something during this event season even if the game is still a ways off.

At worst, we get some info on Missing Link. At best, we’re going to see the difference that over two whole years has made to KH4.

this being a state of play and not a showcase makes the chances kinda lower.. but FFXVI second trailer was on state of play may 30 i think. if square is ready to show the game, this event should be it.

Yeah it was June 2nd, 2022. Same day of the week of the last week of May/first week of June. FFVII Remake was also re-revealed in a May State of Play. I haven’t analyzed it myself, but many people have said SoPs tend to lean more third party while showcases are more first party. XVI was part of the showcase same time last year too. And SE has not missed a Sony event at all in a while. To be fair, the FFVIIR games and XVI were all exclusive to PS. But I could still see Sony scooping up the KH re-reveal even if the game isn’t exclusive.

the red monster

Awards
worst case the trailer will be around september. sony has ps5 pro to announce, so we should be getting a full on showcase. plus TGS. i fully believe we getting a trailer this year either way. rebirth is out, so they no longer have a big game to market.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
worst case the trailer will be around september. sony has ps5 pro to announce, so we should be getting a full on showcase. plus TGS. i fully believe we getting a trailer this year either way. rebirth is out, so they no longer have a big game to market.

Personally, I think D23 in August is worst case. The expo only happens once every two years. So there might not be another one before the game comes out. They’d be missing a major opportunity to show it alongside other upcoming Disney IP games. Why wait just a few more weeks til September at that point?

And the first stop of the Rebirth concert is the same weekend in LA, so there’s a good chance Nomura will be in the US for both events.

xenosaga

Awards
What do you think they will show with the inevitable re-reveal?
You think they would just go right ahead and reveal Star Wars first? Or save it until later?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think they'd stay with showing Star Wars first. That's still a massive get and proper confirmation alongside a re-reveal will get a lot more eyes on it than a Meet the Robinsons world.

Liodin

Awards
What do you think they will show with the inevitable re-reveal?
You think they would just go right ahead and reveal Star Wars first? Or save it until later?
I said it before. I think they should start as if it was another SW game, like Outlaws, and after a few second show Sora with a lightsaber.

And now that I think about it.

If they reveal Star Wars first, will it be all downhill from there?

Is there another IP that you would consider a bigger reveal than Star Wars? Maybe ALL Marvel? Or will Spider-Man be enough?

"Young Xehanort, on your left"
Dude, you got me hyped just with that.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Not gonna lie, I am a little anxious at the thought of a certain subset of the Star Wars fandom descending onto KH once it’s revealed. For that reason, I am fine if they decide to wait to reveal until SWC next year or something. Lol.

I still think having this next trailer skip a Disney world reveal would be nice. Just focus on Quadratum and the gameplay there. Maybe a little Disney tease at the end. I wouldn’t mind a new formula where they tease a world at the end of a trailer, but we don’t see the full thing until the next one. Like end this trailer with a black out screen with Vader’s infamous breathing. The red saber ignites to reveal his mask. Cut to release window magic in the making. Then we get the full world reveal next time.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Here’s a possible scenario:

- small KH4 teaser at the State of Play tomorrow with a Missing Link announcement on socials afterward that pre-registration is going live and to tune into SGF for a trailer.
- full KH4 and Missing Link trailers both appear at SGF.
- Visions of Mana (and Octopath II) at the Xbox Showcase
- DQ Erdrick Trilogy at the Nintendo Direct
Where does FF9 fit in?

the red monster

Awards
Personally, I think D23 in August is worst case. The expo only happens once every two years. So there might not be another one before the game comes out. They’d be missing a major opportunity to show it alongside other upcoming Disney IP games. Why wait just a few more weeks til September at that point?

And the first stop of the Rebirth concert is the same weekend in LA, so there’s a good chance Nomura will be in the US for both events.
i forgot D23 is still a thing lol. yeah, super likely too. they could very well do the same thing they did with KH3, they dropped small trailer on E3 season and saved the big trailer for D23. square will take any disney marketing they could get.

Back