• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura Confirmed to be at E3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't know that they were called in to work on the first version of FFXIV. I meant that they were called in to work on remaking it as FFXIV Realm Reborn. Which isn't really a poor business decision on their part since there wasn't a whole lot of work done on Versus when they called in anyway and the subscription MMO model that XIV has is pretty important, they need to regain people's trust after that horrendous launch.

That would actually make much more sense. I'm not into MMOs anyways because I lack the time to invest in them, so I didn't really follow the news and statements concerning FF XIV that closely.
So the main problems would surely lay with the engine problems I'd assume, and people being relocated to help with FF XIII and FF XIV v2 was actually done as a more smart business decision to bring in more capital faster than Versus could ever hope to do.

Kingdom Hearts χ [chi]?

KH2.5 or Versus. Hopefully the latter since 2.5 is pretty much in the bag for a near future announcement.

&worldendswithyousequelpleasegaspomg

KH Chi is just a non-canon point-and-click browser game for fun to play, much like Theathrym for FF, I doubt that it'll count as a major KH release.

Why not both? Nomura could actually announce both at once since he's already there. KH 1.5 is finished so the people who worked on that one should be free again.
Another strategy might be though to wait until TGS or Jump Festa this year to come around with KH 2.5, so in terms of KH the E3 can be fully dedicated to promoting KH 1.5.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Yes, and if I remember correctly most people actually loathed that approach and Square was now quick to assure that Lightning returns would have "all story on disc" and no more story dlc.
Outsourcing story content to dlc is almost like ripping of the players, like why should they pay full price for a game with an incomplete story?

That's like, awesome news! I have renewed hope about KH3 now.

TheLightKnight

I don't think we will get KH3 that early. Considering their 1 KH game per year schedule things will end up most likely like this:

2013: KH HD 1.5 (J&US)
2014: KH Chi (J& eventually US)
2015: KH HD 2.5 (J&US)
2016: KH DDD Final ReMIX (or so, dah) (J-only)
2017: KH III (J - 2018 US)
2018: KH III FM (J-only)

Let's keep in mind CHI will replace mobile and will most likely be promoted to distract fans from the gap resulting in the wait for 2.5. (Maybe even as a mobile release on ipad or so...)
2.5 will take quite long to be finished as rerecording and mixing music for KH2 as well as for BBS would take like forever and they still have to upgrade and remaster graphics for 2 huge games! BBS will also take time to be rerendered for PS3. The US release might be pushed back even further as rhey have to rerecord so many scenes for the English localization.
Despite not intending to release DDD FM -they will and possibli even for ps3 to feed the hype and longing for the eventual finale.
KH III will take even longer as evenything has to be created anew, composed from scratch and recorded. English localization will take like forever and J will definitely get something like an Ultimate Final Mix - only months after US gets the game.
however, pushing back the release like that would legitimate a III release for ps4 (which will by then be ps3 back-compatible) and finally unite all kh games on one console.
therefore they will start promoting khiii as a selling factor for ps4 quite early but will keep delaying tentative releases. (Like bbs!) the earliest teaser we might get at khiii wi possibly be in late 2015, let's be honest! They won't spoil their artificial chi and 2.5 hype...

so - the announcement will be versus xiii (for which i couldn't care less andwhich i'd rather see cancelled i order to get kh quality back and to never see akh game as bad as ddd again!!!) anf they'll use it to promote ps4 until khiii takes that place.
hope they'll get done with it soonest and will get back to seriously working on KH!
sad to see kh has become an advertisment franchise for sony/nitendo...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
nomura-sama, our lord and savior~

TWEWY SEQUEL TWEWY SEQUEL TWEWY SEQUEL

VERSUS ;A; THE SLEEPING PRINCE WILL AWAKEN

ET NOCTE PERPETUA IN DESPERATIONE AURORAM VIDERE POTEST MANET TEMPUS EXPERGISCENDI

SOBSOBSOB

TBH, all that Ethy and Sign will see from this is

Course, they're going to be be there to witness Versus :p

BOO YOU. I'm trying to not hype TWEWY to some ridiculous level, okay :c

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
KH Chi is just a non-canon point-and-click browser game for fun to play, much like Theathrym for FF, I doubt that it'll count as a major KH release.

Why not both? Nomura could actually announce both at once since he's already there. KH 1.5 is finished so the people who worked on that one should be free again.
Another strategy might be though to wait until TGS or Jump Festa this year to come around with KH 2.5, so in terms of KH the E3 can be fully dedicated to promoting KH 1.5.

Was it ever said the yearly releases had to be canon (or major for that matter)? I just mentioned it because I have no clue what you're talking about as for what they have planned for DDD.

They could announce both, sure. I prefer announcements to be paced evenly throughout the year, and as someone else mentioned, if 2.5 is announced, it'll totally sap 1.5 of it's thunder.

I recon KH2.5 will be announced later on at TGS or another Japanese based conference like how 1.5 was announced.

I'm with you. As of now, I envision this happening.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Huh. I had the strangest feeling that something cool like this would be revealed today. Sweet. Me hopes that we finally get word on Versus (but at this point, I think something really weird would have to happen to prevent it). And also... give us that TWEWY2, Square! 'Kay? Thanks.

Wow. I love how I'm so chill about this as I'm typing it, but am about having a heart attack on the inside. It's about freakin' time! And KHIII will surely be closer now, and... I think our best case scenario is Versus being announced with a release date at E3 (and II.5 might be announced there, but I really doubt it). Then, they could have II.5 at TGS, and finally something for KHIII (provided there's nothing for it in II.5) at Jump Festa. Yeah, it probably won't happen like this, but a girl can dream.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
If TWEWY2 becomes a thing, I think I'll die of happiness. Versus and KH news would be cool too, but... I just really would love to see TWEWY make a return.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
2017: KH III (J - 2018 US)
2018: KH III FM (J-only)

If, after releasing the HD ReMixes they continue with this "Japan gets new canon added to the story exclusively for a decade" NONSENSE I will be so done. It'd be better if any "Final Mix"-esque content is just added as DLC.

Anyways, for the announcement it's probably 2.5 HD ReMix or Versus XIII info since we were basically guaranteed those anyway and Nomura said it's something we already know about. As much as I want TWEWY 2, the i-device tease doesn't count as us knowing anything about it. :/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Holy crap, Lonbilly you're back ;A;

and agreed. It's time for this secret TWEWY project to finally be revealed.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
VERSUS XIII!!!!! VERSUS XIII!!!!!!!!
VERSUUUUUUS XIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEIZURE.gif

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Holy crap, Lonbilly you're back ;A;

With school out of the way, I officially have free time now so I can succumb to my addiction to this site again. <3 I was having withdrawals.

But, I could some sort of return for TWEWY has to happen. They never explained this, right?

the-world-ends-with-you-2-mystery-girl.jpg

I just blame that interview of him mentioning it for reigniting the desire I have in me to see a sequel.

Either way, Nomura has me excited. Whatever he brings up at E3 has to be good news.

moonstar_xo

I really don't think it's just 1.5. 1.5 has release dates outside of Japan now, so I see no need for another announcement for that. It's probably either Versus or 2.5 (heck, maybe both).

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If this is all just for 1.5 HD I will kill myself like... wow nomura you don't do this to people.

I know! That would be just as bad as if a company made a whole site with a countdown, making all its fans think that a sequel was gonna be announced, only to have it be a mobile game port. Am I right?!?!? jk but I can see this going terribly wrong if the right games aren't announced.

i wonder what this could mean in terms of the HD remix and versus?

I honestly doubt it has any implications on the HD remixes. 1.5 is being shown off already so I think the most we can expect is Nomura to talk about Versus and maybe 2.5 but we all know 2.5 is coming next year, we already know what games are gonna be in it (well, at least 3 of the games that will be on it) so I can't see too much hanging in the balance over the remixes.

VERSUS XIII!!!!! VERSUS XIII!!!!!!!!
VERSUUUUUUS XIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEIZURE.gif

1339605827_excited_fan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back