• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura Confirmed to be at E3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent hero_

Awards
Ok when I saw this I jumped up and down like a mad person screaming "Nomura at a E3, Nomura at E3"!
It has got to be Versus! XD

Had the same reaction! Fingers crossed that Nomura isn't trolling us and it's actually Versus (or XV, whatever) and not an announcement
for KH 2.5 or sth. Although it would be sweet if it were to be presented with Versus!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If this is all just for 1.5 HD I will kill myself like... wow nomura you don't do this to people.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
An announcement for 2.5 wouldn't actually be so bad, as it would show that they have their schedule set up for the KH series.
2013 1.5 Remix
2014 2.5 Remix (and probably start development on KH III)
2015 whatever they are planning for DDD or some other thing to keep the a-game-a-year-schedule.
2016 KH III

---

Surely Versus will be also among the things talked. It is about nigh time that they get out of the gutter with this one.
More props if they would even at least give a small word about just why it took so long.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I was expecting KH3 in 2015, with only 2.5 between 1.5 and it.

really, 2016 is a bit of a long shot. And really REALLY stretching it, to be perfectly honest.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's not very reasonable to believe that a game as big as KH III would be fully developed in only one year.
If you want a game of truly good quality you have to give them at least some time to develop it. Nomura himself admitted that DDD was sort of rushed in just one year of development, and that is a handheld title. Not to mention the original KH II felt somewhat rushed in hindsight as well and had several glaring flaws.

I don't know about you but I would want KH III to possibly avoid that as far as possible, especially since it's a title supposed to show off a grand finale for a story arc.
Even if they are already doing preliminary work on KH III like general setting and scenario behind the scenes no one is noticing, I'd still say they need the entirety of 2014 and most if not all of 2015 to develop a complete game that may not need something like a Final Mix because there were (again) too narrow time constraints to be met.

Sorarocks93

Awards
It's not very reasonable to believe that a game as big as KH III would be fully developed in only one year.
If you want a game of truly good quality you have to give them at least some time to develop it. Nomura himself admitted that DDD was sort of rushed in just one year of development, and that is a handheld title. Not to mention the original KH II felt somewhat rushed in hindsight as well and had several glaring flaws.

I don't know about you but I would want KH III to possibly avoid that as far as possible, especially since it's a title supposed to show off a grand finale for a story arc.
Even if they are already doing preliminary work on KH III like general setting and scenario behind the scenes no one is noticing, I'd still say they need the entirety of 2014 and most if not all of 2015 to develop a complete game that may not need something like a Final Mix because there were (again) too narrow time constraints to be met.

Unless of course they decide not to make a FM just because they have DLC technology now. I hope if that's the case, they will release an "Ultimate/Complete" Edition after an year or so of release.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's assuming they'll only start development on it next year.

Granted, I admit that my schedule may be a bit more on the conservative side.
But for them to start development on KH III already this year (which is already nearly half-over by the way, we have June after all) it really depends if they have the available resources for it. We don't know when Versus XIII will hit stores this year (if at all), Lightning Returns is already set for 2014 I think and then there's the question how many people they would delegate to 2.5 ReMix.
Nomura said that Versus XIII will be the last time he is involved with Final Fantasy as anything bigger than a character designer because he wants to concentrate fully on KH, so the new FF that is rumored to be unveiled for PS4 most likely won't affect KH III at all because Nomura won't be so heavily involved with FF anymore.

That all being said, if we go by the assumption that they may manage to work on KH III still this year in earnest, probably show a small teaser trailer on this year's Jump Festa in December, the proper release date would still be around the second half of 2015 in when assuming at least a two-year-development time.

Unless of course they dicide not to make a FM just because they have DLC technology now. I hope if that's the case, they will release an "Ultimate/Complete" Edition after an year or so of release.

DLC is more for stuff like additional costumes, weapons or non-canon extra boss fights for the coliseum, so given business practices today I would expect that one to happen anyways.
What I was mainly getting at was that the original KH 2 was lacking several important things that concerned the main story, which was due to KH 2 being plagued with too narrow time constraints.

Shadowheartless

if its versus then about damn time that game should have been out already, and i might be alone on this but i dont want to see a TWEWY squeal i love the game but it ended off with out any hints to a 2nd game.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
More props if they would even at least give a small word about just why it took so long.

We more or less already know, though the information isn't too widespread.

Essentially it comes down to a few factors, which include but are not limited to

1) the fact that the White Engine ended up being ridiculously hard to develop for, and then when they reworked it into Crystal Tools, they realized it still wasn't very good.

2) people who were doing preliminary work on Versus being called in to help with FFXIII

3) people being called in to work on FFXIV, because the MMO model it has is more important than Versus

They basically announced the project too early. I believe the game didn't really go into steadfast development until 2011.

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards
DLC is more for stuff like additional costumes, weapons or non-canon extra boss fights for the coliseum, so given business practices today I would expect that one to happen anyways.
What I was mainly getting at was that the original KH 2 was lacking several important things that concerned the main story, which was due to KH 2 being plagued with too narrow time constraints.

I though Requiem of the Goddess was a story DLC. Not to mention Mass Effect 3. I mean, what was that? How many story related DLC's did they put out after the game was released? I don't mind a secret boss fight like the Unknown in KH1, as long as they don't put entire worlds filled with story content as DLC.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
We more or less already know, though the information isn't too widespread.

Essentially it comes down to a few factors, which include but are not limited to

1) the fact that the White Engine ended up being ridiculously hard to develop for, and then when they reworked it into Crystal Tools, they realized it still wasn't very good.

2) people who were doing preliminary work on Versus being called in to help with FFXIII

3) people being called in to work on FFXIV, because the MMO model it has is more important than Versus

They basically announced the project too early. I believe the game didn't really go into steadfast development until 2011.

Oh, I guess this must have been drowned among the widespread bitching around the net, lol.

It practically boils down to developers shifted away from the project to do other stuff they weren't originally meant to do. Way to organize your priorities, Square.

Wasn't FF XIV crap in its first version anyways? To take manpower away from Versus, one of the most highly anticipated games, for that, seems to be like a bit of a bad business decision.

I remember Nomura once stating that their experience with Versus will eventually be used for KH III as well. So if this engine is really still such a pain to work with I would not be surprised if they decide to ditch it and actually do KH III with something else.

I though Requiem of the Goddess was a story DLC. Not to mention Mass Effect 3. I mean, what was that? How many story related DLC's did they put out after the game was released? I don't mind a secret boss fight like the Unknown in KH1, as long as they don't put entire worlds filled with story content as DLC.

Yes, and if I remember correctly most people actually loathed that approach and Square was now quick to assure that Lightning returns would have "all story on disc" and no more story dlc.
Outsourcing story content to dlc is almost like ripping of the players, like why should they pay full price for a game with an incomplete story?

Last edited:

Sorarocks93

Awards

This makes sense. Since it's an MMO it would require much more money put into it. So basically they want to get that money back from sales and subscription.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
nomura-sama, our lord and savior~

TWEWY SEQUEL TWEWY SEQUEL TWEWY SEQUEL

VERSUS ;A; THE SLEEPING PRINCE WILL AWAKEN

TBH, all that Ethy and Sign will see from this is

Course, they're going to be be there to witness Versus :p

don't judge me!!!!

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Wasn't FF XIV crap in its first version anyways? To take manpower away from Versus, one of the most highly anticipated games, for that, seems to be like a bit of a bad business decision.

I don't know that they were called in to work on the first version of FFXIV, I meant that they were called in to work on remaking it as FFXIV Realm Reborn. In that case it isn't really a poor business decision on their part since there wasn't a whole lot of work done on Versus when they called in anyway and the subscription MMO model that XIV has is pretty important, they need to regain people's trust after that horrendous launch.

Also, I'm not sure how many people are aware that Versus is even a thing anymore. Lots of internet people are mad but they don't represent the majority of SE fans.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg :E

2015 whatever they are planning for DDD or some other thing to keep the a-game-a-year-schedule.

Kingdom Hearts χ [chi]?

"I feel like everyone knows what this information will be anyway."

KH2.5 or Versus. Hopefully the latter since 2.5 is pretty much in the bag for a near future announcement.

&worldendswithyousequelpleasegaspomg

Bobjam

Awards
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg :E

Kingdom Hearts χ [chi]?

KH2.5 or Versus. Hopefully the latter since 2.5 is pretty much in the bag for a near future announcement.

&worldendswithyousequelpleasegaspomg

I recon KH2.5 will be announced later on at TGS or another Japanese based conference like how 1.5 was announced. E3 is the perfect stage for something big to happen and the 'rest of the world' watching.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Even though I thought 2015, I was thinking the later half of the year. So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back