• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, χ[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, ?[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

I'm pretty sure Nomura would find some way to throw canon into it. He'd probably nudge Hamaza and ask for there to be a "special message" only by unlocking a certain amount of Rhythmia or something...A message that directly ties into the next Kingdom Hearts. Or throw a new character in that will be in the next game...stuff like that...

I want to laugh, but something tells me you're right lol If a TKH were to ever happen (which it gosh darn should).

He doesn't. Just talks normally like everyone else with the occasional cryptic nonsense you would expect.

Interesting. I always viewed Chirishii/Chiririthy (however it is spelled, I never get it right) as a creature like the moogle, I think if it (just gonna call it "it" now) made a cute, squeaky sound it'd be fitting :p

Kingdom Hearts 3D would not go on Wii U. The point of "remastering" the series is to get it onto one system, which is why 1.5 & 2.5 are on PS3. Sony systems seem to be the standard for the series.

Oh the irony of KH3 being on PS4, but we all knew that anyways :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Let's hope that continues. Not because it's Sony or anything like that, but I hope that after III and before IV there won't be 3 other titles on 3 different consoles.

Yeah. I like the handheld games fine enough, but personally I want the series to stick to home consoles. Watch, we'll all start getting the handheld itch if SE never makes another handheld KH title.

I want to laugh, but something tells me you're right lol If a TKH were to ever happen (which it gosh darn should).

It's still acceptable to laugh...Ironic laughter is laughter all the same. xD

Interesting. I always viewed Chirishii/Chiririthy (however it is spelled, I never get it right) as a creature like the moogle, I think if it (just gonna call it "it" now) made a cute, squeaky sound it'd be fitting :p

Well, Chirithy was always meant to come of as odd and untrustworthy, and I think any cute phrase would have been a red herring in the worst way xD

Oh the irony of KH3 being on PS4, but we all knew that anyways :p

Lol, I DID say Sony systems. If all thing go well with Gaikai, people will be able to play 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4 so that little problem would go away.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah. I like the handheld games fine enough, but personally I want the series to stick to home consoles. Watch, we'll all start getting the handheld itch if SE never makes another handheld KH title.

I think I'll be among those people who would do so, because that means nothing to be played while waiting for the bus or train. Some people are just very on-the-go, lol. But I do agree with you in that they should stick to home consoles.

Lol, I DID say Sony systems. If all thing go well with Gaikai, people will be able to play 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4 so that little problem would go away.

Let's just hope so. But since KH3 will be out for XB1 too, I'm curious as to what they would do with that console about 1.5 and 2.5. Seeing that the compilations are PS3-exclusive and that they serve to build anticipation leading to KH3, would they re-release them on the XB1?

Don't judge me, but it seems to me that XB1 players are being quite... left in the dust...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think I'll be among those people who would do so, because that means nothing to be played while waiting for the bus or train. Some people are just very on-the-go, lol. But I do agree with you in that they should stick to home consoles.

Yeah, it's easy to take out when you are on the go. The thing with me is that I play the bulk of handheld games at home xD

The great thing about the PS4 & Vita is that we can all play KH3 on the go when it comes out xD

Let's just hope so. But since KH3 will be out for XB1 too, I'm curious as to what they would do with that console about 1.5 and 2.5. Seeing that the compilations are PS3-exclusive and that they serve to build anticipation leading to KH3, would they re-release them on the XB1?

Don't judge me, but it seems to me that XB1 players are being quite... left in the dust...

I don't think SE really cares about them. They don't have an plans to port the games, and Hashimoto has already said a few times that XB1 adopters should just go play the collections on the PS3 xD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

The great thing about the PS4 & Vita is that we can all play KH3 on the go when it comes out xD

Ah, yeah. How could I have forgotten about that? Even more reason for me to get a Vita, since I'm already eyeing a few PS4 games and more great ones are sure to follow.

I don't think SE really cares about them. They don't have an plans to port the games, and Hashimoto has already said a few times that XB1 adopters should just go play the collections on the PS3 xD

If anything, that just makes me wonder why they decided not to make it PS4-exclusive in the first place.

I can't help but think that it could be to stop the XB1 adopters from complaining... although Hashimoto's would probably lead to more whining from those whose entry point to the series is XB1 KH3. :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ah, yeah. How could I have forgotten about that? Even more reason for me to get a Vita, since I'm already eyeing a few PS4 games and more great ones are sure to follow.

It's gonna be great *u* Sadly, it also is an incentive to be unproductive at work because of the portability xD

If anything, that just makes me wonder why they decided not to make it PS4-exclusive in the first place.

Microsoft & their pocketbook + SE likin' dat munny

kupo1121

Awards

Microsoft & their pocketbook + SE likin' dat munny

Yeah, SE wasn't doing the best fiscally for the past few years and I'm assuming Microsoft saw that Sony had a lineup of ridiculously amazing exclusives (Sony does have significantly more exclusives than any other company, Microsoft coming in last, Nintendo in second) so they had to compete so I'm betting they offered the fattest check they could write to SE for FFXV and KH3 and SE is just rolling in the dough.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah, SE wasn't doing the best fiscally for the past few years and I'm assuming Microsoft saw that Sony had a lineup of ridiculously amazing exclusives (Sony does have significantly more exclusives than any other company, Microsoft coming in last, Nintendo in second) so they had to compete so I'm betting they offered the fattest check they could write to SE for FFXV and KH3 and SE is just rolling in the dough.

I don't think Microsoft paid for FFXV and KH3. Square has just spent a ton of money on "developing" XV and they need to make some of it back, a task which becomes even more daunting if they release it just for the PS4. Bad news are that we'll have to live with multi-platform games, whatever that means.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't think Microsoft paid for FFXV and KH3. Square has just spent a ton of money on "developing" XV and they need to make some of it back, a task which becomes even more daunting if they release it just for the PS4. Bad news are that we'll have to live with multi-platform games, whatever that means.

I think you're lying to yourself if you don't think so. Not when Sony is the third largest shareholder of Square Enix. (the first being the company's owner, and the second being the owner's other company)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Hnomggg, I completely forgot about that. Portable KHIII.

Welp. Guess I'll be having no life until Xehanort is defeated. 8D

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

I think you're lying to yourself if you don't think so. Not when Sony is the third largest shareholder of Square Enix. (the first being the company's owner, and the second being the owner's other company)

Believe me, I am the first to call Microsoft out when they are at it but that's not the case here.

Apple is Samsung's greatest competitor but they provide displays, RAM chips and manufacture processors for Apple. They could create a huge problem for Apple if they rejected them as a customer but they would have to send away the biggest customer in the industry, effectively damaging their own business.

It has nothing to do with shareholders, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing Square becoming the shit-mobile-focused-company it is now in the first place (mobile gaming with Sony as the 3rd biggest shareholder, really?). Microsoft simply doesn't have to pay anyone anymore. For better of for worse, they are a huge part of the gaming industry. They had the audience with the 360 (~80 million) and Square would be idiotic not to support them, so they did. Microsoft is bound to gain a strong audience with the X1 and Square has spent 7-8 years on an as-of-yet unreleased game. As I've said before, if they could release it on the PS1, they would.

kupo1121

Awards

Believe me, I am the first to call Microsoft out when they are at it but that's not the case here.

Apple is Samsung's greatest competitor but they provide displays, RAM chips and manufacture processors for Apple. They could create a huge problem for Apple if they rejected them as a customer but they would have to send away the biggest customer in the industry, effectively damaging their own business.

It has nothing to do with shareholders, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing Square becoming the shit-mobile-focused-company it is now in the first place (mobile gaming with Sony as the 3rd biggest shareholder, really?). Microsoft simply doesn't have to pay anyone anymore. For better of for worse, they are a huge part of the gaming industry. They had the audience with the 360 (~80 million) and Square would be idiotic not to support them, so they did. Microsoft is bound to gain a strong audience with the X1 and Square has spent 7-8 years on an as-of-yet unreleased game. As I've said before, if they could release it on the PS1, they would.

While what you say does make sense, it just doesn't fit with why the remixes aren't going to 360 or XB1. If SE just needed the funds from porting games to the Xbox systems, you'd see every game going to the Xbox systems to rake in money from it, but you don't. It just so happens that the only 2 games going to Xbox systems are SE's biggest titles to date: FFXV and KH3.

On top of that, let's be honest, the Xbox is just not a system that is targeted towards JRPG's. FFXIII and FFXIII-2 have both sold significantly less on the Xbox systems (FFXIII sold 2.5x more on PS3 worldwide; FFXIII-2 sold 5x more worldwide on PS3) than they have on the Playstation system. It's not a diss, it's just a fact. The Xbox's best sellers are almost always shooters, while RPG's do better on the Playstation systems. At this point sales on the 360 just don't really seem worth it at the rate they are moving. I understand the X1 is a new system, but the PS4 is even doing better than the X1 in sales (which is shocking given the 360 wiped the floor with the PS3 for a few years) and given the JRPG's are going to do better on the PS4 anyways given the track record, it just seems foolish to spend all the funds to port both big games when they're taking a risk (especially if the sales are anything like FFXIII-2's on the 360, which were so bad, barely only 0.5 million sold worldwide, that's next to nothing).

The only reason it makes any sense at all is that Xbox knew they weren't doing well given the huge backlash they received initially for the X1 and on top of all of this, the PS4 had so many exclusives, with FFXV and KH3 among the top if not the 2 top exclusives. They had to make an offer to bring them to their consoles and SE needed the money. It's quite logical from both parties if you ask me.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I remember seeing several comments (not on here, it might have been IGN, not sure) where people were talking before E3 of this past year. They were something along the lines of: "All Sony has to do is announce FF Versus XIII (since XV wasn't confirmed as it's name prior to the show) and KHIII and they win the console generation".

Now, several comments obviously don't represent the entire populous of the gaming world as a whole, but regardless, you can't deny that FFXV and KHIII are some of, if not the, most anticipated titles in the recent years of gaming. To take BOTH of them, and make them exclusive to PS4, is an INSTANT selling point, especially considering that The Last Guardian is almost undoubtedly going to get revealed as a PS4 game sometime in the next century. Put those three together. FFXV, KHIII, and TLG all exclusive to PS4. XB1 would have some serious ground to cover if that were the case. I'm almost certain Microsoft paid SE to prevent that from happening, and SE accepted for the obvious reason, and because they knew that people who had played KH on PS2 might have switched over to Xbox during the previous generation.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

While what you say does make sense, it just doesn't fit with why the remixes aren't going to 360 or XB1. If SE just needed the funds from porting games to the Xbox systems, you'd see every game going to the Xbox systems to rake in money from it, but you don't. It just so happens that the only 2 games going to Xbox systems are SE's biggest titles to date: FFXV and KH3.

It also happens that these are the only big console games Square is gonna produce in the next 10 (?) years. :p

The Lightning trilogy was a multi-platform release as well.

On top of that, let's be honest, the Xbox is just not a system that is targeted towards JRPG's. FFXIII and FFXIII-2 have both sold significantly less on the Xbox systems (FFXIII sold 2.5x more on PS3 worldwide; FFXIII-2 sold 5x more worldwide on PS3) than they have on the Playstation system. It's not a diss, it's just a fact. The Xbox's best sellers are almost always shooters, while RPG's do better on the Playstation systems. At this point sales on the 360 just don't really seem worth it at the rate they are moving. I understand the X1 is a new system, but the PS4 is even doing better than the X1 in sales (which is shocking given the 360 wiped the floor with the PS3 for a few years) and given the JRPG's are going to do better on the PS4 anyways given the track record, it just seems foolish to spend all the funds to port both big games when they're taking a risk (especially if the sales are anything like FFXIII-2's on the 360, which were so bad, barely only 0.5 million sold worldwide, that's next to nothing).

I totally agree with you that 360 was dead for JRPGs (and in Asia in general). The collections make much more sense on a Sony platform given the history of the franchise and fans' expectations.

The only reason it makes any sense at all is that Xbox knew they weren't doing well given the huge backlash they received initially for the X1 and on top of all of this, the PS4 had so many exclusives, with FFXV and KH3 among the top if not the 2 top exclusives. They had to make an offer to bring them to their consoles and SE needed the money. It's quite logical from both parties if you ask me.

My theory is simpler. Square considers this generation a "clean slate". People who played/will play the ReMixes on the PS3 could very well buy an X1 next gen. And since it's so easy to release on both platforms, they will be supporting both.

kupo1121

Awards

The Lightning trilogy was a multi-platform release as well.

Yes, but given it's only come out in the US, I cannot gauge how much better it will do on the PS3 as opposed to the 360. At the moment, in Japan only given it's only been released there, the PS3 version is selling 38x better (yes, thirty-eight) than the 360 version.

My theory is simpler. Square considers this generation a "clean slate". People who played/will play the ReMixes on the PS3 could very well buy an X1 next gen. And since it's so easy to release on both platforms, they will be supporting both.

While it's true they could have viewed it as a clean slate, it'd be odd to think that Microsoft didn't offer them a large sum of money. For starters, what Nazo said is definitely important to remember. On top of that, at least for Kingdom Hearts 3, do you recall the backlash FFXIII received when it was first announced for the 360? While it's sad that some fans are so consumed with needing to be the only ones to have something, there was a large group of people that boycotted FFXIII simply because they were offended it was going to be on an Xbox system.

The sad part is that the reaction to KH3 has been similar. Not that people will boycott it (as far as I've read yet) but that Sony fans are pissed off that it's going to the Xbox. Given that, I don't see why SE would risk pissing off a lot of fans who have similar ideals (which they did piss them off) if they were just taking a gamble. Honestly, I don't know 1 person who had a PS3 that is moving over the X1. I know a bunch of people who had 360's that are moving over to the PS4. The PS4 is doing better, the PS4 will probably come out on top. It just doesn't seem likely that SE would port their biggest games to a system that isn't doing AS well, that consistently does terribly with JRPG's, and risk pissing some of their fans off if they weren't getting anything immediate out of it AKA Microsoft paying them big bucks.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Microsoft is paying them, if the press releases have anything to say about it (they talk up the Xbox One).

NIGHT-TERROR

Can't wait to see the upcoming wonders, is there a full date in sight for kingdom hearts ii.5 hd remix? hope for an even greater limited edition btw :) :) Hope also to see khiii near 2015 :) :)

kingscr34m11

The only reason the collections went on PS3 is because the controller is identical to the PS2's. Most people got the collections for nostalgia and it's only fitting that the games be played with the "same" controller, granted two of the games are unplayable, Original COM isn't the same but ReCOM is, and BBS has a similar enough control scheme and is already a Sony game. Now that PS4 changed it up SE was like ehhh might as well put it on the xbox now.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

The only reason the collections went on PS3 is because the controller is identical to the PS2's. Most people got the collections for nostalgia and it's only fitting that the games be played with the "same" controller, granted two of the games are unplayable, Original COM isn't the same but ReCOM is, and BBS has a similar enough control scheme and is already a Sony game. Now that PS4 changed it up SE was like ehhh might as well put it on the xbox now.

Is there any source that confirms this? As far as I know, bringing the titles together into one home console is what Nomura intended with the ReMIXes, and the PS3 was chosen because the main titles of the series were on the PS2, a Sony system. Had those titles been on the Xbox, the ReMIXes would have been 360-exclusive.

I might be wrong, though. That's why I want to know if anything has been said about this matter.

kupo1121

Awards

I doubt SE decided to put the remixes on the PS3 based on the controller. Honestly, the 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4's controllers are all extremely similar. They all have 2 joysticks, 1 D-pad, 4 buttons on the right, and 2 types of shoulder buttons on the top so it's relatively easy to play any of the KH games with any of the controllers (if the games were on those systems).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back