• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, χ[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, ?[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

Kathryn Beaumont will likely return in remade scenes.

A lot of voice actors have gone into retirement with their Disney Characters since KH1 and KH2, Kathryn Beaumont was one of them. Though it's certainly possible to say otherwise, Alice will probably be played by Hynden Walch as she has been recently.
(Which is fine, who doesn't want Princess Bubblegum in Kingdom Hearts?)
Either way, it's been a really long time since we've seen Alice in her full glory in KH. Some screen time with her new model is long overdue.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Nomura said he is currently writing the scenario for KINGDOM HEARTS III now.

Ok Nommie, now just don't forget this person :tongue:

02.jpg

He probably done forgot how to write her name. [jk]

Yeah I hope they write her, and the other ladies, well this time.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Disney scenes in Coded's movie gets me solid hyped.
I freaking love Disney.
I REALLY like the movies represented in Coded.
These things add up to me really enjoying some new awesome content in II.5. I had a feeling that the Coded movie would be better than the Days one, for obvious reasons.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

These things add up to me really enjoying some new awesome content in II.5. I had a feeling that the Coded movie would be better than the Days one, for obvious reasons.
Shorter, less moody, Disney, battle scenes.
It sounds like the best thing ever <3

Launchpad

Awards

Shorter, less moody, Disney, battle scenes.
It sounds like the best thing ever <3

I mean, if I'm perfectly honest, Coded is the perfect Kingdom Hearts entry in theory, despite being light on content and having restrictions. It has pretty much everything I expect out of a Kingdom Hearts game, thematically. Sora, Donald, Goofy, some Disney outings, and a simple plot of it's own that ties everything together.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I mean, if I'm perfectly honest, Coded is the perfect Kingdom Hearts entry in theory, despite being light on content and having restrictions. It has pretty much everything I expect out of a Kingdom Hearts game, thematically. Sora, Donald, Goofy, some Disney outings, and a simple plot of it's own that ties everything together.

And dear lord, the gameplay in Re:coded is ridiculously fun. So much enjoyment.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Honestly, that online connectivity he hints at between KH3 and Chi (unless I'm reading it wrong which is possible, I'm tired) better mean Chi comes to the US since if Japan was the only one to get that connectivity, I'd call BS.

And as far as Dream Drop Distance goes, sounds like it's gonna get recapped in KH3. If it does, that'll be unfortunate. Every other game in the series will be playable on PS3 or a Theater movie, but DDD will only be a "On the last episode of DragonBall Z" type of thing. But, it has neither been confirmed nor denied for either case, so no need to start being disappointed for no reason.

I've always believed DDD would get recapped in KH3, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it will just be text. I mean, I know the 3DS screen is quite small, but the cutscenes weren't that low-definition, sure if you put them on a TV they'd be pixelated, but better that than nothing. I'd much rather they include the cutscenes since pretty much all of KHDDD's cutscenes weren't just text and for any battles they could just do what they did with Days' battles.

I saw a DDD remaster coming. Hints: A kh game for each year right? kh 3 is in early development so it wont come out 2015 (Not 2014 ether because of kh 2.5) so if we are really getting a kh game each year. then in 2015 we should get DDD remastered. get it?

Well it's entirely possible that KH could finally get a true spin-off (that's made by SE, not that V-Cast thing) like Thearhythm or something to fill the void. I mean, I know it's developed by different studios, but a KH game is a KH game.

Why would Chirithy get a VA for a voiceless online game?

Or if anything, they could give him a little phrase or sound he always mutters like "kupo" is to moogle. Not sure if he already does, I skip all his cutscenes in Chi.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well it's entirely possible that KH could finally get a true spin-off (that's made by SE, not that V-Cast thing) like Thearhythm or something to fill the void. I mean, I know it's developed by different studios, but a KH game is a KH game.

I'm pretty sure Nomura would find some way to throw canon into it. He'd probably nudge Hamaza and ask for there to be a "special message" only by unlocking a certain amount of Rhythmia or something...A message that directly ties into the next Kingdom Hearts. Or throw a new character in that will be in the next game...stuff like that...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Or if anything, they could give him a little phrase or sound he always mutters like "kupo" is to moogle. Not sure if he already does, I skip all his cutscenes in Chi.

He doesn't. Just talks normally like everyone else with the occasional cryptic nonsense you would expect.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I'm pretty sure Nomura would find some way to throw canon into it. He'd probably nudge Hamaza and ask for there to be a "special message" only by unlocking a certain amount of Rhythmia or something...A message that directly ties into the next Kingdom Hearts. Or throw a new character in that will be in the next game...stuff like that...

A foreshadowing coming from a spin-off game, huh? The next thing Nomura would say about that game is that "it's important". XD

Jynbex

...and the potential for a Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] high definition remaster!

Get KH game each year:
>2002 Kingdom Hearts
>2003 KH Final Mix
>2004 Chain of Memories
>2005 Kingdom Hearts 2
>2006 KH2 Final Mix
>2007 Re:CoM
>2008 Coded
>2009 358/2 Days
>2010 Birth By Sleep
>2011 Re:Coded
>2012 Dream Drop Distance
>2013 1.5 ReMIX
>2014 2.5 ReMIX
>2015 Re:Dream Drop Distance?
>2016 KH3?

>2 years between CoM and Re:CoM
>2 years between Coded and Re:Coded
>2 years between 3D and Re:3D?

That may help move a few Wii Us too, where else would 3DHD go?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Get KH game each year:
>2002 Kingdom Hearts
>2003 KH Final Mix
>2004 Chain of Memories
>2005 Kingdom Hearts 2
>2006 KH2 Final Mix
>2008 Coded
>2009 358/2 Days
>2010 Birth By Sleep
>2013 1.5 ReMIX
>2014 2.5 ReMIX
>2016 KH3?

Kingdom Hearts 2 FM was released in 2007, at the exact same time as Re:CoM was (because they were in the same bundle).

3DHD wouldn't be on a Wii U as the purpose of the remasters is to bring the series back to one console. Throwing a game onto the Wii U breaks that pattern.

Launchpad

Awards

It's a good thing the title Re:Birth By Sleep never had to be used

because that's gross

abriane

i dont have 3ds yet and the english trailer of 2.5 is here?! (so when's the release date?!) im avoiding any DDD spoilers as much as i could

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

It's a good thing the title Re:Birth By Sleep never had to be used

because that's gross

Had BbS had a mobile version just like coded, the one on PSP might have been titled so.

I still don't get what's gross.

i dont have 3ds yet and the english trailer of 2.5 is here?! (so when's the release date?!) im avoiding any DDD spoilers as much as i could

The most we know about the release date is that it's going to be some time in 2014 for Japan, and yayfully it applies for the localised version, too. And I don't think you'll be spoiled on DDD by playing 2.5, at least nothing truly major, so you should be able to go through the games and scenes no problem.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The most we know about the release date is that it's going to be some time in 2014 for Japan, and hopefully it applies for the localised version, too.
Localised version will be 2014 as well, so replace "hopefully" with "yayfully"

Sorarocks93

Awards

Get KH game each year:
>2002 Kingdom Hearts
>2003 KH Final Mix
>2004 Chain of Memories
>2005 Kingdom Hearts 2
>2006 KH2 Final Mix
>2008 Coded
>2009 358/2 Days
>2010 Birth By Sleep
>2013 1.5 ReMIX
>2014 2.5 ReMIX
>2016 KH3?

And I thought that there weren't enough KH games. Basically if you were living in Japan you wouldn't run out of KH games to play. No wonder it's Square's second most profitable franchise.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Get KH game each year:
>2002 Kingdom Hearts
>2003 KH Final Mix
>2004 Chain of Memories
>2005 Kingdom Hearts 2
>2006 KH2 Final Mix
>2008 Coded
>2009 358/2 Days
>2010 Birth By Sleep
>2013 1.5 ReMIX
>2014 2.5 ReMIX
>2016 KH3?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the whole "one gamer a year" thing start once 358/2 Days came out? Because for us Westerners, there was a gap of 3 years between Kingdom Hearts II and the release of 358/2 when it was announced at TGS alongside BBS and coded. Of course, there was Re:CoM in there, but I'm talking new games. And that still makes a two year void, cause we didn't get KH2FM or the original coded.

Because we HAVE gotten a KH game in the US once per year since 2009.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Get KH game each year:
>2002 Kingdom Hearts
>2003 KH Final Mix
>2004 Chain of Memories
>2005 Kingdom Hearts 2
>2006 KH2 Final Mix
>2008 Coded
>2009 358/2 Days
>2010 Birth By Sleep
>2013 1.5 ReMIX
>2014 2.5 ReMIX
>2016 KH3?

That is not the timeline at all.

KH2FM+ (+ meaning Re:CoM) was released in 2007. Coded's first episode was released early 2009 and the final episode was in 2010.

Kingdom Hearts 3D would not go on Wii U. The point of "remastering" the series is to get it onto one system, which is why 1.5 & 2.5 are on PS3. Sony systems seem to be the standard for the series.

Sorarocks93

Awards

That is not the timeline at all.

KH2FM+ (+ meaning Re:CoM) was released in 2007. Coded's first episode was released early 2009 and the final episode was in 2010.

Kingdom Hearts 3D would not go on Wii U. The point of "remastering" the series is to get it onto one system, which is why 1.5 & 2.5 are on PS3. Sony systems seem to be the standard for the series.

Let's hope that continues. Not because it's Sony or anything like that, but I hope that after III and before IV there won't be 3 other titles on 3 different consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back