• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, χ[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses HD 2.5 ReMIX, KH3, ?[chi] & more in latest Famitsu!

There will be a scene where Re:coded leads up to KINGDOM HEARTS 3D.
So... Signs of What's Next? Or does he mean there will be a new scene?

There is a sense to summarize the plots in the HD remasters for KINGDOM HEARTS III but please do not think KINGDOM HEARTS 3D isn't necessary for the storyline.
That clears things up. Thanks.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Attraction Flow sounds like reaction commands that don't suck, IE that you can control them, and they take skill to use. Excited.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Nomura said:
• When I’m writing the scenario and connecting them together, I can no longer make sense in the answer that goal approaches. Therefore, I seek to answer how can I make this surprising.

LOL I'm sorry, Nomura, what???

limit

My question about having KH3D remastered is how they would do it. The thing is, dream eaters were supposed to be a Nintendogs-like aspect of the game, and I feel like porting something like that to the ps3 just can't be done that well.

Also, he said just because the HD remasters were summaries doesn't mean we shouldn't disregard kh3d. That seems like a pretty strong implication that he's not going to remaster it, at least the way I'm looking at it.

Anyway, other than that it's nice to see something new from Nomura.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So... Signs of What's Next? Or does he mean there will be a new scene?

He means a new scene. Like how they added the scene where Yen Sid & Mickey discuss Xehanort in Re:coded, I'm assuming they are also adding another scene that further ties to KH3D. Not sure what they could add to further tie it together, though.

I figured the "Reconnect Kingdom Hearts" scenes would have been enough to tie things to 3D perfectly fine. We have KH2 where they get the letter, Re:coded with the scene about Xehanort + the scene showing them actually reading the letter, BBS where they finish reading it and Sora says that he needs to go.

All I can imagine is a scene showing how Yen Sid even sent Sora & Riku into the past of DI into their younger bodies...into sleep.

Haven't played a RE gsme, so I'll take your word on it.

Me neither lol I'm taking the words of reviewers and Metacritic.

Attraction Flow sounds like reaction commands that don't suck, IE that you can control them, and they take skill to use. Excited.

Yep. It's a good addition.

LOL I'm sorry, Nomura, what???

He is lost in the sea of his mind and all he wants to do is find a way to shock us.

My question about having KH3D remastered is how they would do it. The thing is, dream eaters were supposed to be a Nintendogs-like aspect of the game, and I feel like porting something like that to the ps3 just can't be done that well.

Also, he said just because the HD remasters were summaries doesn't mean we shouldn't disregard kh3d. That seems like a pretty strong implication that he's not going to remaster it, at least the way I'm looking at it.

Anyway, other than that it's nice to see something new from Nomura.

I mean, it takes away from the whole "touch" aspect, but I think you can still get the same kind of interaction with using the controls of the DS3. PS4/Vita would eliminate the problem, though since the Vita is a touch scream + touch pad on the back and the DS4 has a touch pad on the top.

It can really go both ways. Double negatives are hard xD (our initial translation was that he didn't think it was necessary to make into a HD remake, but yeah. It can mean a lot of things)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

• KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX is being worked on the same team who did KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and transitioning it to HD is progressing much more smoothly than KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX.
That's great to hear since it sounds like KHHD had such a bumpy development.

• I have yet to announce a clear release date.
Obviously/

• Like KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, there isn’t a lot of things to change but the volume is considerable.
Understandable really. They already added soooo much to the Final Mix's (although add Laguna back to Mirage Arena and the FF gang to RG)

• Re:coded isn’t as long as 358/2 Days because many of the cutscenes in Days were originally from the main story. I’ve added a new events in Disney Worlds. Also there will be new voice actors that will be appearing and we’ve just voice recorded for Alice’s world last week.
YES! That's really good to hear (especially since so many where whining about how they would make Re:coded 3 hours long).
So glad we get the Disney worlds AND battles. They're more prepared this time.

• Battle scenes and new scenarios have been added.
Yay!

• There will be a scene where Re:coded leads up to KINGDOM HEARTS 3D.
Oh good. So what Nomura told me in confidence is true.

• There is a sense to summarize the plots in the HD remasters for KINGDOM HEARTS III but please do not think KINGDOM HEARTS 3D isn’t necessary for the storyline.
It's official. Kingdom Hearts 3D isn't necessary for the storyline.

• Although there is a mysterious story you should be aware. In KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi], dialogues of Chirithy have been added in episodes, there is an interesting scene where another Chirithy appears.
Oh wow. Two Chirithy. soon we will have the same amount of Chirithy as we do Sora and Xehanort.

• The Guilt System that was originally developed with orbs have been changed. Guilt would be the drops we collect from Heartless.
Heartless feel guilt. That's cool.

• When I’m writing the scenario and connecting them together, I can no longer make sense in the answer that goal approaches. Therefore, I seek to answer how can I make this surprising.
So basically, when connecting scenarios, he has no idea how to answer questions within them, so instead makes them surprising?

• KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] scenarios have become more surprising.
I wouldn't know. Japanese and all that.

• Concerning the Foreteller’s episode, events that will occur in the future will be written in the Foreteller’s Script.
Makes sense when you think about it.

• The last sentence in the Foreteller’s Script leads to KINGDOM HEARTS III.
Everyone is kicking up a fuss about ONE sentence leading to KHIII. It's probably something like "The Door will be opened to vanquish the Darkness"

• I think setting an end to KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi], considering the nature of an online game, is difficult. I think KINGDOM HEARTS III may have online elements and it may be possible to link them but I currently don’t know.
Why not just have a main storyline, and then side storylines after?

• KINGDOM HEARTS III’s October PV was received positively but it is still insufficient development wise.
Early days indeed.

• You can choose the “Attraction Flow” ability according to the enemy and location. I’d like to mention in particular, boss battles have the richest ones. It is a system that has evolved from Flowmotion and it is a vital part of KINGDOM HEARTS III.
Let's hope they don't drop the ball with this and it works really really well.

• There are various amazing transformations of the Keyblade such as guns.
Bang bang. I am Bleig.

• We’re planning it should be used as some sort of gimmick.
I don't want anything to be a gimmick :'(

• Osaka’s team is working simultaneously on both KINGDOM HEARTS III and KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX.
That's good. They are the best team in the whole building, so it shouldn't disappoint.

• Nomura said he is currently writing the scenario for KINGDOM HEARTS III now.
That's great. He already has the basic plot outline done (he has since before June) so it's good he's fleshing it out.

• FINAL FANTASY XV is still currently focused on development and I want you to wait until the timing is right to reveal more information.
Timing is never right, but we just gotta accept this.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

The amount of information hurts my brain that has only been awake for ten or so minutes and is still struggling from a sleep paralysis experience, but for now...

New scene and never-before-seen contents! Yay. I wonder who will provide the voice for Chirithy (I presume that's the Anglicised version of Chirishii from). Somehow I'm always excited to know the VA of original characters.

I'll take another look at the original news later when my head has become capable of processing more complex ideas. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Why would Chirithy get a VA for a voiceless online game?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The amount of information hurts my brain that has only been awake for ten or so minutes and is still struggling from a sleep paralysis experience, but for now...

New scene and never-before-seen contents! Yay. I wonder who will provide the voice for Chirithy (I presume that's the Anglicised version of Chirishii from). Somehow I'm always excited to know the VA of original characters.

I'll take another look at the original news later when my head has become capable of processing more complex ideas. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Nothing from chi is being voiced, though xD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Aw, too bad. That's what you get from not processing information thoroughly. Well, alright then, it's still good to know about the extras that will be included in 2.5; it seems that it'll be a richer compilation compared to 1.5.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Aw, too bad. That's what you get from not processing information thoroughly. Well, alright then, it's still good to know about the extras that will be included in 2.5; it seems that it'll be a richer compilation compared to 1.5.

Maybe if we get the Foreteller's Script in KH3, perhaps there will be a scene with HD Chirithy xD (btw Chririthy is what Goldpanner decided upon while translating some of chi's story for Sign and what we've decided to use until SE gives the little bastard an official English name xD)

Definitely! now they just need to announce online Mirage Arena and they will have made the best remaster in history

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

They'd be wasting tons of potential if they didn't do the online Mirage Arena. Online is all the rage these days, KH is on fire with anticipation of KH3, Mirage Arena was great on PSP, so it would only be better on PS3, and it creates even more replay value than the trophy lists.

Do you smell that Square Enix? It's the smell of money.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

So the stuff with coded comes up to.

New scenes

Old Secret Ending most likely.

Kathryn Beaumont will likely return in remade scenes.

BATTLES!

Xagzan

Awards

Nomura said he is currently writing the scenario for KINGDOM HEARTS III now.

Ok Nommie, now just don't forget this person :tongue:

02.jpg

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Chirithy? Sounds a little like Chi+smithy. XD I don't really know what role he plays in X, but using wordplay for his name, and the legend of the X-blade, he sounds kinda like someone who forged Keyblades to replicate the X-blade. I'm probably soooo wrong on it lol, but it would be cool. Anyway, an online mirage arena would be awesome!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Chirithy? Sounds a little like Chi+smithy. XD I don't really know what role he plays in X, but using wordplay for his name, and the legend of the X-blade, he sounds kinda like someone who forged Keyblades to replicate the X-blade. I'm probably soooo wrong on it lol, but it would be cool. Anyway, an online mirage arena would be awesome!
Chirithy supposedly is under orders from the "higher ups" to keep an eye on the wielders and monitoring their growth as they combat the darkness throughout the worlds. Every now and then he'll give you a little extra power or say something vague and mysterious, but recently there's been "another Chirithy" roaming around. This guy was the one who instructed you to collect Guilt (i.e. the sins of Heartless), so take that as you will~

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com

Maybe if we get the Foreteller's Script in KH3, perhaps there will be a scene with HD Chirithy xD (btw Chririthy is what Goldpanner decided upon while translating some of chi's story for Sign and what we've decided to use until SE gives the little bastard an official English name xD) Definitely! now they just need to announce online Mirage Arena and they will have made the best remaster in history
I like Goldpanner's translation of Chririthy, just sounds adorable, lol.
Yes if they do include the Mirage Arena with the extra bosses in it and smack some nice hidden trophies for them, it would be fantastic, especially with the online feature of PSN.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back