• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHDestiny & KHisland Interviews Tetsuya Nomura at Japan Expo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
1. Will Lea, Aqua, and others be playable through the game's story?
Right now only Sora is playable, however he is looking into having multiple characters be playable.

2. Has the option of Final Fantasy summons become available in KH3?
Nothing has been said on summons, other than the summoning technique will be different in KHIII.

3. Will there be a possibility of main villains who don't where black coats, and are in no way involved with Xehanort and Maleficent?
Probably not until the next Saga.

I hope you have the time to answer these soon Mr. Nomura.
KHInsider is not affiliated with Square Enix Japan, nor do we have any means to contact Tetsuya Nomura.

Sorakh212

Awards
This was a very good interview and a perfect way to start my day as well. I'm glad that he more indirectly answers or hints at if you will our questions pertaining to future announcements such as 2.5 Re:MIX and of course some lingering plot points about KH3. I'm glad to hear that they are working on another HD remake that will most likely come out next year or some time before KH3 and it is cool to see him apologize for the lack of support or shipments even though I'm not European I just thought it was cool and nice of him to do so. The one thing that does concern me after sort of absorbing all of this is about the whole Gaikai or cloud based technology supporting PS1/2/3 games on the PS4. I know they don't have any current plans as mentioned in the interview, but I REALLY wish they'd at least consider utilizing the technology because they would make a lot of money off of it for people transitioning to next gen consoles. Overall though it was a really good interview and I highly anticipate hearing more from Mr. Nomura in the future. Thanks for the upload!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sorry guys, a mistake on our part! It's actually that they can't announce anything else because they revealed KHIII at E3, so we can expect more info about III at D23 Expo Japan.

Huge thanks to KHDestiny's RedWizard for clearing it up.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
This was a very good interview and a perfect way to start my day as well. I'm glad that he more indirectly answers or hints at if you will our questions pertaining to future announcements such as 2.5 Re:MIX and of course some lingering plot points about KH3. I'm glad to hear that they are working on another HD remake that will most likely come out next year or some time before KH3 and it is cool to see him apologize for the lack of support or shipments even though I'm not European I just thought it was cool and nice of him to do so. The one thing that does concern me after sort of absorbing all of this is about the whole Gaikai or cloud based technology supporting PS1/2/3 games on the PS4. I know they don't have any current plans as mentioned in the interview, but I REALLY wish they'd at least consider utilizing the technology because they would make a lot of money off of it for people transitioning to next gen consoles. Overall though it was a really good interview and I highly anticipate hearing more from Mr. Nomura in the future. Thanks for the upload!

Gaikai won't have anything to do with Nomura or Square Enix, I don't know what he meant. The only problem that might arise would have to b something related to licencing.

Sorry guys, a mistake on our part! It's actually that they can't announce anything else because they revealed KHIII at E3, so we can expect more info about III at D23 Expo Japan.

Huge thanks to KHDestiny's RedWizard for clearing it up.

i don't get it, which was the mistake?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
i don't get it, which was the mistake?

We originally said that "because they announced III at E3, they can't announce the same game again," implying that the reveal at D23 would be that of another title. We misinterpreted and said the opposite of what he actually said.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
We originally said that "because they announced III at E3, they can't announce the same game again," implying that the reveal at D23 would be that of another title. We misinterpreted and said the opposite of what he actually said.

Ah, okay :) 25 characters

axel95

Awards
I'm happy to see that he all but announced 2.5. It will more than likely be officially announced at TGS. When he apologized for the exclusivity of the series, it seemed genuine. Great interview, thanks for the work guys!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
• KINGDOM HEARTS HD is a link between the previous KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS III. Do you plan to expand the work to include HD remasters of other titles within the KINGDOM HEARTS series, such as Birth by Sleep, KINGDOM HEARTS II and Re:coded, seen in the credits of KINGDOM HEARTS HD
Nomura : Of course, we will spend some time working on them before the release of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Unfortunately, there is nothing more I can say on the subject at this time.
• The Cloud Service system of the PlayStation 4 will allow players to experience titles originally released on PlayStation 1, 2 and 3. Are there any plans to utilize this system to allow owners of the PS4 to play KINGDOM HEARTS HD?
Nomura :We did not even think about the issue because our priority at the moment is the development of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Additionally, we are working on the next KINGDOM HEARTS HD remaster, which is our second priority. We have nothing planned about it for now.

tumblr_mkxnewxFa11qzfjkho1_400.gif

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The press release for KINGDOM HEARTS III unveiled by Square Enix discusses the search for the "Key to Return Hearts." Is there anything you can tell us about that?

Nomura : There are two possible meanings of the "key." One of which is the “hardware” key, which opens doors - this is what keys are in general (laughs), and the other is the “light” key, that opens something else. In this case, it is currently unknown as to which type of key Sora must find. This is the main storyline of KINGDOM HEARTS III - Sora must go on an adventure to find the "key" without knowing what or where it is. But as you know, we can’t really say anything else on the subject (laughs).

i think the key to return hearts is Kairi because in kingdom hearts 3d the secret ending said something about the last key could the last key be the key to return hearts and Kairi was the key all long

Last edited:

Phantom Knight

Yeah, voice commands would be a miracle. Considering how often Donald dies, I'd love to give him commands that would make him save himself.

Good to know that he pretty much confirmed that 2.5 is happening. I get that he won't announce it so that they could focus on KH3, but there should be something in the meantime to keep us waiting. At least give people enough time with 1.5.

Santiago

• The Cloud Service system of the PlayStation 4 will allow players to experience titles originally released on PlayStation 1, 2 and 3. Are there any plans to utilize this system to allow owners of the PS4 to play KINGDOM HEARTS HD?
Nomura : We did not even think about the issue because our priority at the moment is the development of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Additionally, we are working on the next KINGDOM HEARTS HD remaster, which is our second priority. We have nothing planned about it for now.
This is the most disheartening thing ever. I was banking off of SE using Gaikai for me to be able to play KH1.5 on the PS4, but I don't know what to do anymore. :(

Fortissimo

This is the most disheartening thing ever. I was banking off of SE using Gaikai for me to be able to play KH1.5 on the PS4, but I don't know what to do anymore. :(

do you not have a ps3? And no worries, they could always add it to PSN later. I would be surprised if they didn't. You may jst have to wait a minuet though.

I still think it's interesting that they have already been working on KHIII for a few years now. It was smart to divide up the teams. As long as the KH2.5 remaster doesn't take as long as kh1.5 (hopefully they didn't loose any of the old data this time) then the team developing the HD games should direct their attention KHIII. Perhaps making for a faster release????

Skyfoxx said:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Lea. Because he DOES say "at the end of KH3D."

Thats what I thought at first, then I thought Kairi. But if we know its Lea, why was he being so sketchy about it?Like, we know he's training to be a master. Kairi was the last one we saw in the secret movie.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I still think it's interesting that they have already been working on KHIII for a few years now. It was smart to divide up the teams. As long as the KH2.5 remaster doesn't take as long as kh1.5 (hopefully they didn't loose any of the old data this time) then the team developing the HD games should direct their attention KHIII. Perhaps making for a faster release????

Where in the interview did he ever say that they already worked on KH III for a few years? It was the KH HD 1.5 which they have done work already for several years.
On KH III Nomura admits that they have announced it probably a bit too early and that they are mostly in a testing stage right now to see what can work and what not.

The very last thing I want is a rushed KH III that doesn't properly address all the unresolved issues and Disney worlds just being filler again.
They really should take all time they need to make the game as long as it doesn't take as long as Versus/FF XV.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thats what I thought at first, then I thought Kairi. But if we know its Lea, why was he being so sketchy about it?Like, we know he's training to be a master. Kairi was the last one we saw in the secret movie. [/COLOR]

But he already mentioned Kairi separately, prior to bringing up this other mystery wielder. If they were one in the same, he wouldn't need to specify between them.

Fortissimo

Where in the interview did he ever say that they already worked on KH III for a few years? It was the KH HD 1.5 which they have done work already for several years.
On KH III Nomura admits that they have announced it probably a bit too early and that they are mostly in a testing stage right now to see what can work and what not.

The very last thing I want is a rushed KH III that doesn't properly address all the unresolved issues and Disney worlds just being filler again.
They really should take all time they need to make the game as long as it doesn't take as long as Versus/FF XV.

So I went back through the interview to find his statement on splitting the teams and developing the gaMes for a few years because I was certain that I read it early this morning...but it's not there. I must have misread or dreamed it. idk. But I did see this

Nomura : This is the first next-gen game developed in our studios in recent years by the team in Osaka who have been working on titles for portable consoles. This is a whole new experience for this team working on next-gen consoles and it takes some time to master. However, with that said, it's not as if we just started development.

Which may alude to the idea that it has been in development for a while (possible years?) idk. Still kinda sketchy on that topic. Maybe thats where I got it from...
Sign said:
But he already mentioned Kairi separately, prior to bringing up this other mystery wielder. If they were one in the same, he wouldn't need to specify between them.

Fair enough.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So I went back through the interview to find his statement on splitting the teams and developing the gaMes for a few years because I was certain that I read it early this morning...but it's not there. I must have misread or dreamed it. idk. But I did see this

Which may alude to the idea that it has been in development for a while (possible years?) idk. Still kinda sketchy on that topic. Maybe thats where I got it from...

I see where you come from, the "recent years" bit can give off that vibe, although that would bring up the question for how long Square already has access to hardware for the next gen-systems, which I reckon they could not have had earlier than 2012. Don't forget that the Osaka team was also busy with developing Dream Drop Distance while Tokyo is still tied up mostly with FF XV, so any development done on KH III can be only between six and eight months I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back