• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Youtuber lowkeymatt uploaded footage of a supposed cancelled Kingdom Hearts VR game pitch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I received a message from a developer who wishes to remain anonymous. They told me that while working at a VR gaming company, they had the chance to work on some pitches revolving around Square Enix IP, one of them being Kingdom Hearts. They then sent me the pitch they created for this game, simply titled 'Kingdom Hearts VR'. They sent it to me to show to all of you in the community and show some hidden Kingdom Hearts lost media. Let's explore and Traverse Town and fight in Olympus Coliseum in VIRTUAL REALITY (and hope we don't throw up).

Raw gameplay:

Obviously very difficult to verify how legit all of this is, but it looks good regardless. It would have been great to get a proper VR game instead of just the PSVR experience.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Absolutely. Imagine telling the X[chi] story this way, it’d make it feel a lot more personal than just seeing it through the chibi-esque lens. Then again, it might’ve taken a lot of power to get working and they'd have had to make tons of models for Heartless, customization options, the Keyblades, and new characters depending on the aesthetic. Not to mention the new worlds.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I saw a YouTube short talking a little about this, haven't watched the full video yet. Very interesting.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely. Imagine telling the X[chi] story this way, it’d make it feel a lot more personal than just seeing it through the chibi-esque lens. Then again, it might’ve taken a lot of power to get working and they'd have had to make tons of models for Heartless, customization options, the Keyblades, and new characters depending on the aesthetic. Not to mention the new worlds.
I think out of everything, the X story would not be the one they'd have considered for VR. The Experience, and this cancelled game, are reusing assets ported in. X would need rebuilding from scratch, though since you're a floating torso in VR I guess they'd have cut the customisation options.

I think it would have been neat for them to have done a proper VR version of Kingdom Hearts, similar to what Resident Evil does nowadays, and maybe that's what they were considering with the pitch.

Back