• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I still want to go back to Agrabah one last time so we can at least see them adapt King of Thieves and have Sora bounce off of Cassim. Likewise stuff like The Black Cauldron, Atlantis and The Jungle Book are all long overdue too IMO. However, given the current status of Sora and where the series is heading going into KH4, I doubt it'll happen.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Many people would like to see Zootopia but another modern urban setting wouldn't exactly translate into interesting world design (see San Fransokyo). Besides, we'll already get Quadratum for a big city, so something a little more whimsical like Treasure Planet or Atlantis would hit the spot.
Robin Hood for the furry world it is then

UkeSora

Awards
I hope for The Alice in Wonderland from Tim Burton; Nomura already said in an interview that he likes that movie. And I think it will make sense in KH4.

Reactions: Rii

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Many people would like to see Zootopia but another modern urban setting wouldn't exactly translate into interesting world design (see San Fransokyo). Besides, we'll already get Quadratum for a big city, so something a little more whimsical like Treasure Planet or Atlantis would hit the spot.

I think Zootopia could stand on its own as long as they don’t just make it an over-simplified city layout like they did San Fransokyo. There are a lot of unique locations they could adapt like Tundratown, Little Rodentia, and the Rainforest District. Of any film with an urban setting, it has the most going for it to make it special.

Awards
But we already got a forest world.

If you're referring to Endor, one could argue the forest wouldn't necessarily be a large portion of the world, as people would probably get more excited exploring the Death Star and other space environments. Then again, I've never seen Star Wars so I don't know what I'm talking about.

It'd be great to see Nottingham and Sherwood Forest reimagined and expanded by the level designers the same way Mount Olympus was in KH3!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If you're referring to Endor, one could argue the forest wouldn't necessarily be a large portion of the world, as people would probably get more excited exploring the Death Star and other space environments. Then again, I've never seen Star Wars so I don't know what I'm talking about.
Well the Death Star gets blown up at the end of RotJ, so it would be removed as an explorable environment. Thus I doubt it would be an explorable area. In RotJ we only see the hangar and Emperor's throne room anyway, so it would likely just be the bossfight area.

The only other planet shown in KH4 is Tatooine, but that's an overlong cold open sequence without direct involvement with the main plot of the film beyond Han Solo's rescue. It's easy to imagine it being cut.

In any event, I don't have an issue with a 2nd city world. Zootopia looks very different (much more colorful) than Quadranum.

Now if we were to get a 2nd forest world, my betting odds are on Avatar.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Now if we were to get a 2nd forest world, my betting odds are on Avatar.
Do all the new worlds in KH4 have to be the ones Disney didn’t even technically make? Like I get Zootopia but everything else that has been suggested after I brought up Robin Hood has been properties that were bought but not created by Disney

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Do all the new worlds in KH4 have to be the ones Disney didn’t even technically make? Like I get Zootopia but everything else that has been suggested after I brought up Robin Hood has been properties that were bought but not created by Disney
Sora is basically in a whole separate universe. So it's reasonable to assume the worlds won't be something that would just as easily appear in the regular KHverse.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But Nomura also said that Disney worlds are still in the game

We saw Donald and Goofy in the Kingdom Hearts IV reveal, but one question a lot of fans have is how much will Disney still be integral to the series?

With regards to Kingdom Hearts IV, players are definitely going to see a few Disney worlds in there. I just want to mention that they don't need to worry so much about this aspect of the game. It might feel slightly different from previous Kingdom Hearts titles, but once players have had a chance to play the game, I'm sure they'll be relieved to find that it is definitely a Kingdom Hearts title. It’s the game series that they've come to know and love.
The argument can be made that Star Wars and Avatar are now Disney after the fact, but I don't think Nomura would completely throw out old school Disney completely.

Awards
Sora is basically in a whole separate universe. So it's reasonable to assume the worlds won't be something that would just as easily appear in the regular KHverse.
"With regards to Kingdom Hearts IV, players are definitely going to see a few Disney worlds in there. I just want to mention that they don't need to worry so much about this aspect of the game. It might feel slightly different from previous Kingdom Hearts titles"

The current state of Sora + this quote from Nomura leaves one wondering if the worlds from Unreality are going to be mostly original settings such as Hollow Bastion, Scala, etc.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"Slightly different from previous titles" can totally mean Disney acquired properties.

Awards
My interpretation was that it might feel slightly different from previous titles because Sora won't necessarily journey through Disney worlds this time around, or that there are going to be way fewer than usually expected. But yours can just as easily be true. Star Wars is a given, after all.

WaltK

Awards
I think Zootopia could stand on its own as long as they don’t just make it an over-simplified city layout like they did San Fransokyo. There are a lot of unique locations they could adapt like Tundratown, Little Rodentia, and the Rainforest District. Of any film with an urban setting, it has the most going for it to make it special.
Refloating my idea of a Zootopia with areas that can be explored in radically different ways depending on what character you're playing as and what size animal said character turns into.

HakaishinChampa

Legendary Member
Awards
Refloating my idea of a Zootopia with areas that can be explored in radically different ways depending on what character you're playing as and what size animal said character turns into.
I know people think Sora will be a Lion kinda like in Pride Lands but I think they may go with a different animal this time

I can see Goofy being a wolf and Donald will be a Platypus

If they want to stick with the feline theme, I think a Cheetah would be cool

They could also do Fox if they want to hint at a connection between Sora & Ava

Sonofjafar

Awards
I know people think Sora will be a Lion kinda like in Pride Lands but I think they may go with a different animal this time

I can see Goofy being a wolf and Donald will be a Platypus

If they want to stick with the feline theme, I think a Cheetah would be cool

They could also do Fox if they want to hint at a connection between Sora & Ava
What if they made Goofy’s Zootopia form a cow as a reference to the long running debate on whether Goofy is a dog or a cow?

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Looks like the Tiana series is still on. I was lowkey hoping it would get the Moana treatment and be a theatrical sequel. But still hope this gives the IP enough resurgence for Nomura to consider it for a future game. Or maybe that Disney will even push for it to be included.

I want to hear what Shimomura would do with the jazz music.

Back