• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
Define “cagey”? Like are you suggesting that Nomura is leaving Kairi out of the adventures so that she can’t interact with Sora?
No? How the hell did you come up with that interpretation?
cag·ey
/ˈkājē/
adjective INFORMAL
reluctant to give information owing to caution or suspicion.
"manufacturers are cagey about the recipes they use to create a wine"
Square Enix has shown no reluctance in portraying Sora and Kairi as the lead couple of Kingdom Hearts. It's been that way since KH1, but ReMind was especially clear on this topic. That doesn't mean it's the best ship, or that you have to embrace it. But SE has never portrayed the topic as "Who will Sora end up with? It is a mystery."
I know about the 2.8 credits, but to me, it feels like Nomura just doesn't care for that anymore, like in KH3, Roxas and Namine don't even interact
Namine and Roxas didn't interact in KH3 because Namine barely interacts with anyone in KH3. They decided to put off bringing her back until the very end, resulting in no developed relationships for her.

Sonofjafar

Awards
No? How the hell did you come up with that interpretation?

Square Enix has shown no reluctance in portraying Sora and Kairi as the lead couple of Kingdom Hearts. It's been that way since KH1, but ReMind was especially clear on this topic. That doesn't mean it's the best ship, or that you have to embrace it. But SE has never portrayed the topic as "Who will Sora end up with? It is a mystery."

Namine and Roxas didn't interact in KH3 because Namine barely interacts with anyone in KH3. They decided to put off bringing her back until the very end, resulting in no developed relationships for her.
Ok then. I thought you were implying Nomura might have a bias against Sokai

UkeSora

Awards
Ok then. I thought you were implying Nomura might have a bias against Sokai
I don't think Nomura like or dislike Sokai. It feels like he just doesn't care about the romance between them, unfortunately. It's like Nomura just creates the romance between them because it's an epic story and it is expected for the main character to fall in love with someone. Which sucks because I feel Sokai fans deserve better; even Soriku fans deserve better than this shallow romance we are getting in the games. That's why I don't blame Soriku fans for wanting a better romance for Sora. But even with all the flaws Sokai has, I can't stop loving them; they're so cute together.

Back