• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yoichi Wada CEO of Square Enix resigns

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Think about it like this:
Black Ops II or FFXIV. Your Choice.

I'd take neither because both suck.

I get what you're saying about the mainstream FPS's taking over the market. That's not to say though that FPS's are a bad genre altogether. Although I would be lying if I said that I never felt that Valve is the only game company that can make a fun FPS nowadays...

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Not normally they are not. Not every developer follows this trend, some have PC as the lead platform while others make builds for both systems at the same time. There are no "exceptions" because it has become more common for PS3 to be the lead platform.

If you are to debate this, you should get some facts together. Multi platforms are usually better on the 360 cause it's easier to develop for. That!s an unquestionable fact and you can read this on countless reviews and articles. On the contrary, developers even skipped the PS3 cause it was hard to develop games for (The Witcher 2). Most Assassin's Creed games were better on the Xbox. Metal Gear Solid HD was better on the xbox. Mass Effect was a 360 exclusive for 4 years. I don't think there is a reason to go on.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
If you are to debate this, you should get some facts together.

If you're going to bother responding, learn what we're actually debating. These "facts" you keep bringing up literally do not even remotely refute what I've been saying.

Multi platforms are usually better on the 360 cause it's easier to develop for. That!s an unquestionable fact and you can read this on countless reviews and articles.

This has to do diddly squat with what I said. That the PS3 is being used as a lead platform more often now isn't arguing against how the 360 is easier to develop for.

On the contrary, developers even skipped the PS3 cause it was hard to develop games for (The Witcher 2). Most Assassin's Creed games were better on the Xbox. Metal Gear Solid HD was better on the xbox. Mass Effect was a 360 exclusive for 4 years. I don't think there is a reason to go on.

Uhh, so? Again, what does this have to do with the PS3 being more commonly used as the lead platform?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
If you're going to bother responding, learn what we're actually debating. These "facts" you keep bringing up literally do not even remotely refute what I've been saying.

We are discussing whether the PS3 is/has been the leading platform for many multi-platform games in this era. Most of the time the leading platform has the best looking game cause the team has spent more time on it. Most games have looked better on the 360. The fact that the PS3 had hardware which was hard to program for also contributed to developers preferring the 360. Some didn't even bother getting games to the PS3 at first or at all.

Uhh, so? Again, what does this have to do with the PS3 being more commonly used as the lead platform?

Says who? Again, get some facts together when you claim things like that.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Says who? Again, get some facts together when you claim things like that.

PS3 native dev makes for "better" Xbox 360 games | GamesIndustry International

EA focus on PS3 as lead platform for game development - GAMER.BLORGE

The information you're spouting would have been accurate in 2008-9, but it's hardly the case anymore.

The simple fact of the matter is, it is MUCH easier to get an even quality between different versions of the games with the PS3 as the lead platform, because it's easier to port from PS3 to 360 then the other way around. It's not a very complicated concept.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
PS3 native dev makes for "better" Xbox 360 games | GamesIndustry International

EA focus on PS3 as lead platform for game development - GAMER.BLORGE

The information you're spouting would have been accurate in 2008-9, but it's hardly the case anymore.

The simple fact of the matter is, it is MUCH easier to get an even quality between different versions of the games with the PS3 as the lead platform, because it's easier to port from PS3 to 360 then the other way around. It's not a very complicated concept.

I stand corrected then. Wow that's weird, especially more so seeing so many multi-platform games having problems. But yeah, you're right. :redface:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Wada genuinely believed in Japan's projects and in Eidos/western properties. This is evidenced by the fact that the Versus project and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn are actual things still and not down the drain. If you're looking forward to these games, then you probably have to thank him on some level. It also goes for Eidos as well, as the merger was able to infuse Eidos properties with the capital they needed to compete at the AAA level.

It's questionable whether titles like Hitman or Tomb Raider (for example) would have had another AAA shot without Square Enix backing them. That, and properties like Deus Ex and Thief have now had/will have a AAA shot, where they haven't before. In the end, I agree that they put waaaay too much stock in Eidos properties, and that led to the crazy expectations for sales -- which led to the terrible FY report.

However, most of the losses seem to be attributed to the massive restructuring effort, which can be directly laid at Wada's feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back