• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts is headed to Steam in June 2024

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has announced that KINGDOM HEARTS is headed to Steam this summer on June 13, 2024. This news come three years after its release on the Epic Games Store.

The games coming to Steam include the following:

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will feature textural updates to its graphics, and purchasing KINGDOM HEARTS III + ReMind DLC or the INTEGRUM MASTERPIECE bundle will give players the Steam-exclusive Keyblade, “Dead of Night".

Hikaru Utada has also announced that they will be releasing "Simple & Clean (Re-Recording)" as a single on May 22, 2024.

A trailer for the steam announcement was released:

JAPANESE:

ENGLISH:

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link, Kingdom Hearts IV, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wanna see what the new Keyblade looks like.

Also curious about the graphical updates to 1.5+2.5.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Well now I have to buy a Steam Deck!

Also the name Dead of Night for the Keyblade sounds like it may be a nod to Yozora.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wait, where is Melody of Memory?
Well, you see---

distraction-water.gif

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wanna see what the new Keyblade looks like.

Also curious about the graphical updates to 1.5+2.5.
Playing KH2 on PS5 on a 55' 4K tv was rather illuminating at how the textures have aged worse than I expected. I'm guessing they're being AI-upscaled.

Well now I have to buy a Steam Deck!

Also the name Dead of Night for the Keyblade sounds like it may be a nod to Yozora.
Between preparing for moving & dental bills, I can't even begin entertaining the notion of a Steam Deck right now. Heck, I probably won't be able to buy these ports otherwise. :(

HakaishinChampa

Legendary Member
Awards
Playing KH2 on PS5 on a 55' 4K tv was rather illuminating at how the textures have aged worse than I expected. I'm guessing they're being AI-upscaled.

Between preparing for moving & dental bills, I can't even begin entertaining the notion of a Steam Deck right now. Heck, I probably won't be able to buy these ports otherwise. :(
I feel you with dental bills, like I got some teeth that need work on and it's over 6000 dollars.

I wonder if the mods from EGS will be easily ported over to the Steam version.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Wait, after all these years Kingdom Hearts still wasn't on steam? Damn, Square...
A really late but good decision. If they want their games to sell more, making them available to more people is the logical thing to do.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Saw in the description that the series has sold 36 million units as of December 2023, which is a million more than the last update in April 2022.

Not sure how well this will actually sell on Steam, but we're definitely hitting over 40 million for the series very soon.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Since they're cleaning up the graphics, can the PS4 and Xbox versions of the games finally get patched to have visual and frame rate parity? Each time it's been ported, the games have been improved but that's not been retroactively applied.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since they're cleaning up the graphics, can the PS4 and Xbox versions of the games finally get patched to have visual and frame rate parity? Each time it's been ported, the games have been improved but that's not been retroactively applied.
Right? It's pretty frustrating that the existing console ports are the inferior versions.

I want to whine about no current gen ports with all of the bells and whistles, but I also think they will wait to port them to current gen when KH4 is closer to releasing in order to maximize reach.

Back