• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

YouTube and ending support of old browsers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
So I get on to YouTube at school and there this message on the banner at the top
You are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 web browser. YouTube is ending support for Internet Explorer 7 soon, update your browser now.
Normally I wouldn't care because Internet Explorer 7 is terrible and I already use Google Chrome, but my school and tons of other people out there our going to be screwed over. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Re: YouTube no longer supporting IE

They should upgrade to a better browser, or at least a better IE.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: YouTube no longer supporting IE

YouTube does this for all old browsers. They offer less functionality and are generally less secure. It doesn't matter that it's Internet Explorer. The same happens for Opera, Firefox, even Chrome.

That these people use an old version of IE such as that seems to me to indicate these people mightn't be the most tech-savvy or security-concerned, which means it's just as well that this is happening: It forces them onto a more secure browser where they are less likely to inadvertently harm themselves.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
people shouldn't be using such an incredibly outdated (and terrible) browser to begin with.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Still can acess it at my school. actually my school has a youtube channel that they post videos on to.. but i guess college is alittle different than high school.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
this happens every single year there's no surprise at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back