• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will 2.5 get a PS4 release? Will 1.5 be ported to PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago

I don't see them re-re-releasing the entire series into one mega pack for the PS4, but I hope to God they put it on Gaikai, although I'm not exactly sure how Gaikai works...

I don't plan on buying a PS3, so I'm sort of relying on them to put it on Gaikai for me to be able to play it.

axel95

Awards
It probably won't be on Gaikai right away, but before KH3 comes out, they will probably have it on there!

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
just for the love of god put 2.5 on 360/one so it's not completely awkward when KH3 comes out

i know they said they don't have plans to do that right now, but they really need to.

Sorakh212

Awards
I honestly don't see why they wouldn't make a 2.5 it's just that there's also a lot going on at the moment what with the development team working on Final Fantasy stuff and now KH3 obviously. I'm gonna remain optimistic though because even of all the KH games to date KH2 is my favorite and I'd love to be able to play that again in HD and better yet the Final Mix version of it. Will that happen? I don't know, but I really hope it does. Oh and apparently Sony is working on some Cloud like storage device to work alongside PSN so we should get access to older games ranging from the original PS-PS3 games. The only downside is that we might have to purchase them although that won't be as big a deal for me seeing as how I'm switching back over to Sony for next gen and get to catch up on all these great games HD collections especially.
Oh and I think it's also worth mentioning that another HD Re:Mix would be a good idea especially seeing as how KH3 will be for both consoles. It will give newcomers a chance to understand the story because if they don't it's gonna be one hell of a recap in KH3.

KevLoui

Can someone please explain to me how gaikai is going to work? I keep trying to research it, but t still doesn't make enough sense.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I honestly don't see why they wouldn't make a 2.5 it's just that there's also a lot going on at the moment what with the development team working on Final Fantasy stuff and now KH3 obviously. I'm gonna remain optimistic though because even of all the KH games to date KH2 is my favorite and I'd love to be able to play that again in HD and better yet the Final Mix version of it. Will that happen? I don't know, but I really hope it does. Oh and apparently Sony is working on some Cloud like storage device to work alongside PSN so we should get access to older games ranging from the original PS-PS3 games. The only downside is that we might have to purchase them although that won't be as big a deal for me seeing as how I'm switching back over to Sony for next gen and get to catch up on all these great games HD collections especially.
Oh and I think it's also worth mentioning that another HD Re:Mix would be a good idea especially seeing as how KH3 will be for both consoles. It will give newcomers a chance to understand the story because if they don't it's gonna be one hell of a recap in KH3.
The dev team is not working on Final Fantasy, is it? It's the handheld team doing this.

Can someone please explain to me how gaikai is going to work? I keep trying to research it, but t still doesn't make enough sense.

There's not much. Only that it will most likely function like other stream and download services.there may be an app required, like flixter is for streaming movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevLoui

There's not much. Only that it will most likely function like other stream and download services.there may be an app required, like flixter is for streaming movies.

Ohhh, so will we have to pay for the service? Or just pay for the games? If you know what I mean lol

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Ohhh, so will we have to pay for the service? Or just pay for the games? If you know what I mean lol

Sony is still deciding on how you pay for the service. I am assuming it would either be netflix like with a monthly fee or on a per game basis. Personally for me I would rather have it on a on game basis so I can just buy my KH games and keep them digitally. Though I have a feeling Nomura and SE might do a disc port to PS4

regardless we shall see when they announce 2.5 later this year

KevLoui

Sony is still deciding on how you pay for the service. I am assuming it would either be netflix like with a monthly fee or on a per game basis. Personally for me I would rather have it on a on game basis so I can just buy my KH games and keep them digitally. Though I have a feeling Nomura and SE might do a disc port to PS4

regardless we shall see when they announce 2.5 later this year

Yea, I'd prefer paying for the individual games for the same reason.
And yep! looking forward to that.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The dev team is not working on Final Fantasy, is it? It's the handheld team doing this.

Strange choice of words considering that even if we're just talking in the realm of KH alone, if Osaka is making 2.5, it will be their third console title in the series.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Here's the thing. Nomura said he wanted to gather all of the Kingdom Hearts games onto one console. Hence, he makes 1.5 and 2.5 for PS3. But then he goes and announces KH3 for PS4.

So, unless people have both a PS3 and PS4 (like I will) then problem solved.
But, otherwise, they'll have to eventually add the collections to PSN with Gaikai or else it would defeat the entire purpose.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I would rather see KH 1/2.5 on the Vita. Just think about it...KH1 and 2 on the go? That would be awesome imo.

Pestilence

Awards
I would rather see KH 1/2.5 on the Vita. Just think about it...KH1 and 2 on the go? That would be awesome imo.

It's not the same but you can play all PS4 games on vita via remote play so there is that.

2.5 will most likely get a PS4 release. 1.5? Perhaps. They could do a bundle collection release too.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Here's the thing. Nomura said he wanted to gather all of the Kingdom Hearts games onto one console. Hence, he makes 1.5 and 2.5 for PS3. But then he goes and announces KH3 for PS4.

So, unless people have both a PS3 and PS4 (like I will) then problem solved.
But, otherwise, they'll have to eventually add the collections to PSN with Gaikai or else it would defeat the entire purpose.

I think unless they release the remixes immediately as soon as the Gakai service comes out, I don't think it's necessary to put them on PS4 anytime soon. The main reason for the remixes we thought was to have them all one one console, with the announcement of KH3 on PS4, that doesn't seem too true.

Another reason is to catch everyone up on the series BEFORE playing KH3. If KH3 comes out in 2015 like many of us are presuming, then that means that they need to get the remixes out on Gakai asap so people can play through 4 games (KH1, CoM, KH2, BbS) and 2 movies (Days, Coded) before KH3 comes out. That's a hefty task to ask of a casual gamer so if they don't plan on releasing the remixes on Gakai till late 2014 and then KH3 comes out (in Japan first obviously) early 2015 (as we are presuming, if it doesn't come out until 2016 then they have time), I cannot see gamers running through all those games in a matter of months. It's possible yes, but I don't think KH is the only thing gamers plan on planning for months on end.

And then comes the matter on if the remixes will even be put on PS4 considering BbS never made it to PSN.

Pestilence

Awards
And then comes the matter on if the remixes will even be put on PS4 considering BbS never made it to PSN.
Putting them on the Gaikai service would be a bigger issue than putting them on PSN.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I remember they've mentioned before that after releasing Kingdom Hearts 3, they may consider releasing the HD ReMIXs for Xbox One and perhaps they may do the same for PS4.

SeekerofLight

Another possibility that just struck me was the fact that Bioshock Infinite had the original game already loaded on the disc for ps3 as well. I don't see it too far out of the realm of possibility to include 1.5 (heck I'd be happy if they just included kh1 FM on the disc) to be included on the ps4 disc, possibly even as a ps4 exclusive.

Santiago

Hmm... we do have to remember that no Kingdom Hearts made it to digital. Except 3D I think.
Keep in mind no Kingdom Hearts games have made it on any console that had any significant online capabilities until KH 1.5, which is still yet to be released outside of Japan. Maybe once it's out for the rest of the world, it'll be up for digital download on the PSN Store.

KevLoui

Keep in mind no Kingdom Hearts games have made it on any console that had any significant online capabilities until KH 1.5, which is still yet to be released outside of Japan. Maybe once it's out for the rest of the world, it'll be up for digital download on the PSN Store.

Yea that's true. But knowing SQE, they probably wont release it digitally. I just get that vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back