• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unrecoginzable Earth in 2050

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
We need an article declaring this? I thought it was apparent already.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Not fully related to the OP, but have you guys seen this:
[video=youtube;LPjzfGChGlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE[/video]

It addresses poverty and the growing population an such.

In all honestly, the only way I can think to prevent this, or slow it down, anyways, is to do what China is doing. Regulate how many children we can have.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
We kinda should regulate how many children people have. I mean, people like the Duggers who have 19 kids are not helping the population growth.

Maxyli138

Recognize the earth? I probably won't even recognize myself. Eventually the human population will be too big for the earth to support. I just hope I'm gone by then.

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
It won't be 'unrecognizable' unless we blow eachother up or sometin'.

But, it will be different in many ways I guess. I imagine larger deserts, smaller ice caps, sparser forestry, and increased density in cityscapes. Depending on where we go with our development and populations, civilization may change a lot from what we know now but, for the planet to be unrecognizable? Eh... Don't really think so.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think we need to start creating those ecocities China is planning. Destroy the unused, create a mixture of city ran on all clean energy (wind power or solar energy) and filled with trees and plant-life. And this should be done everywhere in the world. Destroy our smokestack cities and industrial areas and start moving into a progressive, eco-friendly lifestyle so we can continue living on this planet.

Then set laws regulating populations, because people like the octo-mom and people who have 10-20 children are definitely creating overpopulation. And also even out population across the world. You have cities like Los Angeles filled with over a million people and another city with only 3000. My middle school had 5000 kids. We could have been our own city by that standard. Regulate waste, because we have so much waste and we either jettison it to space or we leave in it landfills that are completely unusable and inhabitable. The only thing those fills will serve are becoming fuel in about a million years.

And get rid of skyscrapers. They are doing nothing but creating harsh winds and are a complete hazard to the people on the ground and the people in them.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
If we do that the earth will definitely be unrecognizable by 2050.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think we need to start creating those ecocities China is planning. Destroy the unused, create a mixture of city ran on all clean energy (wind power or solar energy) and filled with trees and plant-life. And this should be done everywhere in the world. Destroy our smokestack cities and industrial areas and start moving into a progressive, eco-friendly lifestyle so we can continue living on this planet.

Then set laws regulating populations, because people like the octo-mom and people who have 10-20 children are definitely creating overpopulation. And also even out population across the world. You have cities like Los Angeles filled with over a million people and another city with only 3000. My middle school had 5000 kids. We could have been our own city by that standard. Regulate waste, because we have so much waste and we either jettison it to space or we leave in it landfills that are completely unusable and inhabitable. The only thing those fills will serve are becoming fuel in about a million years.

And get rid of skyscrapers. They are doing nothing but creating harsh winds and are a complete hazard to the people on the ground and the people in them.
this we should do but sadly doubt we ever will.

livin on Benders shiny metal ass
best post ever!

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I mean, people like the Duggers who have 19 kids are not helping the population growth.
Then set laws regulating populations, because people like the octo-mom and people who have 10-20 children are definitely creating overpopulation.
lol you guys and your bullshit

Those that have a plethora of kids as sizeable as octomum or larger are ridiculously small, and they contribute virtually zero to the problem of overpopulation.
The problem is that a huge number of people relative to the Earth's current population had or will have kids before they're past, say, twenty five years old, and while they're at it have two or three or more kids. The problem is not the size of families, it's the speed at which new generations are born.
Of course it can't be enforced, but if everyone was made to have children only after they were twenty five, we'd see the population boom slow right down, perhaps even see many more people make sensible and informed decisions, and contribute something to the world before settling down with kids as soon as possible.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Those that have a plethora of kids as sizeable as octomum or larger are ridiculously small, and they contribute virtually zero to the problem of overpopulation.
The problem is that a huge number of people relative to the Earth's current population had or will have kids before they're past, say, twenty five years old, and while they're at it have two or three or more kids. The problem is not the size of families, it's the speed at which new generations are born.
Of course it can't be enforced, but if everyone was made to have children only after they were twenty five, we'd see the population boom slow right down, perhaps even see many more people make sensible and informed decisions, and contribute something to the world before settling down with kids as soon as possible.

*looks at pregnant ex-girlfriend*
FML

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

You're right about the speed of children being born, but the issue of population growth still has to do with large families. The speed of population growth is an issue because of longer life-spans, which lead to having larger families.
Having less children as well as having them later in life is the key to attempting to fix this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not really. If you combine what I said with what you said, that definitely creates a baby boom. Most likely all the children in the big family will have children, further creating larger families.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back