• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Think this is still relevant?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Let's play around an old interview a bit. :tongue:

-- In "KHI", the robed man, Ansem the Wise's apprentice Xehanort's Heartless (the body of Xehanort's Heartless before he inhabited Riku's body), appeared on the Destiny Islands. Is this because it was Master Xehanort's homeworld?

Nomura: That may be one reason, but if he somehow had some of Terra's memories, we can consider that it might be because he had laid eyes on Riku previously. In terms of the elements of Terra and Master Xehanort, I think the questions of how their power is related and divided, as well as who has whose memories and heart, will become a key to the story * after this one.

-- Is that to say that there's a possibility that within Xehanort's Heartless, the darkness that sleeps in Riku's heart, there might remain something of Terra...?

Nomura: That's also a riddle connected to the next story,* so everyone please use your imagination.
link: Birth by Sleep - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Came across it digging for a quote yesterday and figured I'd see what you think. As we know now the "next story" was DDD in which Xehanort returned truly and whole. He brought his other selves with him of course but they are either replicas, time displaced or reformed through recompletion. The main point was that Master Xehanort himself returned.

Which lead to this:

Q: What happened to Terra's heart and body?
A: In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body.
link:Mysteries of Kingdom Hearts - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

I'm sure you all think it strange. "Why hide Terra's location?" Am I right? So do you think perhaps his location is being kept secret because of the first quote? Do you think the idea that what was left of Ansem, aka Terra, stayed in Riku?

One last thing to take into consideration, this:

- In "KHI" when Sora stabs the "Keyblade of people's hearts" into himself to release his heart and Kairi's, Sora's Heartless and Nobody were born. When Master Xehanort and Terra:Xehanort stab themselves with the Keyblade, were his and Terra's Nobodies not created?

Nomura: That is not yet clear. However I will say that the fixed sentiment that remained just after Master Xehanort stabbed himself with the Keyblade was not a Heartless.

MX/Eraqus/Terra were all three a part of the Terranort/Apprentice/Ansem/Xemnas mess but only Master Xehanort returned.
But at the same time something was apparently "left behind" in BBS.

So what do you make of it? Do you think any of this is still relevant?

To give a bit more food for thought I'll add a post I seen yesterday:

I said that Master Sora and Ventus belong to him and that they needed three more Guardians of Light NOT because both would become vessels for Master Xehanort BUT because Sora was going to become a vessel and Ventus heart would be trapped, if not destroyed, making impossible for Ventus to wake up as his heart is inside Sora and if that'd happen they would need three more Guardians besides Sora and Ventus.

I didn't mean to say that Ventus was going to become a vessel. As Gram and Sephiroth0812 said that's just impossible.

I'm curious to see what theories/posts comes to your guys minds.

TheBeanColossus

Is it reasonable to think that Riku might need to give in to the darkness (again) to expose what may be left of Terra?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't say it's unreasonable but Riku giving into darkness again would sorta throwout his development since Chain of Memories. Plus I'm not sure he can since he's all "resistant to darkness" now. ತಎತ Even Xehanort finds him useless as a pawn due to this resistance.

digimikej

Awards
I think the fixed sentiment is for sure still relevant. we don't have anywhere near the full 13 confirmed, and the rest we have guessed are all just good theories. I even have a spot left on my theoretical list, so yeah. Also, I thought it was pretty heavily implied for a while that Terra is still around in Riku, BUUUT, it being mr. never-confirms-Nomura, its still up for debate. Maybe Terra is with Riku, and Terra's body is all the easier to take control of. OR, maybe Terra was purged too, and he got hit with the amnesia bat again, like (real)Ansem did, once again making him easy to control. OROR, maybe Terra was STILL purged by the heart encoder, and was just sent back to his body, but his body being used by Xehanort for so long made it too late...ending with the same result.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think Nomura's got big plans for Terra's role and location moving forward.

He's normally very coy about upcoming plots, but with this he is especially tight-lipped.

Could it be possible that Ansem held Terra's heart? I'm not sure. But if it is the case, then it wouldn't at all come as a surprise that Terra's heart would seek refuge within Riku after Ansem had been expelled.

It's easy to assume that Terra's heart may have been left within Xemnas, just as Ven's was left within Roxas. But as we've been shown with all the other Organization members, Xemnas wouldn't necessarily need Terra's heart to recall his memories.

keyblade_52

Awards
I think Nomura's got big plans for Terra's role and location moving forward.

He's normally very coy about upcoming plots, but with this he is especially tight-lipped.

Could it be possible that Ansem held Terra's heart? I'm not sure. But if it is the case, then it wouldn't at all come as a surprise that Terra's heart would seek refuge within Riku after Ansem had been expelled.

It's easy to assume that Terra's heart may have been left within Xemnas, just as Ven's was left within Roxas. But as we've been shown with all the other Organization members, Xemnas wouldn't necessarily need Terra's heart to recall his memories.

I think that the Ansem the Wise's Research IS GOING to be the key to recomplete Terra. And, most likely, Ventus is going to be awaken BEFORE Terra so when Rikudives into Sora's heart to wake up Ventus' heart, the Terra inside him will resonate with him allowing Ventus to wake up. I also think that Terra's heart is within Riku. Rember that in Riku fight with the Ansem Seeker of Darkness inside him in DDD Riku said to him "When I look at you there's this memory that flashes back. Asecret I said I'll keep when I was little". This is a hint meaning that the Ansem Seeker of Darkness inside Riku's heart HAS something to do with Terra.

Thank you Gram for quoting my earlier comment.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Gram, you never cease to amaze me when it comes to digging into these Nomura's interviews and coming up with interesting theories. You are probably onto something yet again; We discussed once before how Nomura strongly suggests Eraqus played a role in where Terra reformed upon MX's return, but I think the DDD scene when Ansem's Guardian reaches out to Riku backs you up strongly as well.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Another fun thought. Master Xehanort's heart was placed into Terra so the only thing left that can form a "fixed sentiment" would be the body he discarded.
So if his old body changed into something else then what is Master Xehanort in now? Did he truly steal Terra's body for good?

And if Terra is in Riku then were did Eraqus go? keyblade_52 mentioned the scene in DDD where the guardian reaches out for Riku, if Terra is in Riku, that gives the scene much deeper meaning.

Was this what was left behind?
NoHeart.png

Last edited:

keyblade_52

Awards
Another fun thought. Master Xehanort's heart was placed into Terra so the only thing left that can form a "fixed sentiment" would be the body he discarded.So if his old body changed into something else then what is Master Xehanort in now? Did he truly steal Terra's body for good?And if Terra is in Riku then were did Eraqus go? keyblade_52 mentioned the scene in DDD where the guardian reaches out for Riku, if Terra is in Riku, that gives the scene much deeper meaning.
The Guardian? Do you mean Ansem Seeker of Darkness?The Lingering Will is not the body of Terra, is the feelings of hatred he has towards Xehanort that animated Terra's Keyblade Armor. Even the Lingering Will say so, if you go to fight him again after beating him once. "I am a feeling without a soul."

Gram

Banned
Awards
No one mentioned the Lingering Will. How did you even get LW out of that? o_0
I'm talking about the scene in DDD which follows the Riku-Ansem battle. As Ansem fades away the Guardian reaches out to Riku.

kreezy64

Awards
One last thing to take into consideration, this:

- In "KHI" when Sora stabs the "Keyblade of people's hearts" into himself to release his heart and Kairi's, Sora's Heartless and Nobody were born. When Master Xehanort and Terra:Xehanort stab themselves with the Keyblade, were his and Terra's Nobodies not created?

Nomura: That is not yet clear. However I will say that the fixed sentiment that remained just after Master Xehanort stabbed himself with the Keyblade was not a Heartless.

Looking at when Xehanort stabs himself the first time in the Keyblade Graveyard, to join with Terra, a heartless and nobody should be created. Could it be possible that the Guardian is the heartless? This is going away from Eraqus being the guardian in some respect, and aside from the fact that whatever was left behind was not a heartless. Just looking in a general sense, but you could look at it as that was the heartless created, then when MX joins with Terra, and MX is able to control it due to it being his own heartless?

reading back on that it seems unlikely and stupid but hey whatever just an idea

Gram

Banned
Awards
Nothing is stupid about this idea at all, you've pointed out something important actually. We know Xehanort didn't form a heartless because his heart didn't fall to the dark, he simply placed it in Terra.
HOWEVER the fact that a body lost a strong heart should've created something akin to a nobody since Nomura says something was clearly left behind.

Xehanort's heartless is Ansem but he willingly changed into that state. What Xehanort did when possessing Terras body was different.
To turn into a heartless requires submission to darkness whether it be willing or forced. Xehanort didn't submit to anything when releasing his heart into Terra.

kreezy64

Awards
Nothing is stupid about this idea at all, you've pointed out something important actually. We know Xehanort didn't form a heartless because his heart didn't fall to the dark, he simply placed it in Terra.
HOWEVER the fact that a body lost a strong heart should've created something akin to a nobody since Nomura says something was clearly left behind.

Is there any character at all to consider related to this? As to who it could be? If someone could have recovered it after he joined with Terra? Anything at all to even slightly connect.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Is there any character at all to consider related to this? As to who it could be? If someone could have recovered it after he joined with Terra? Anything at all to even slightly connect.

Sadly there isn't that we know of. Whatever the "fixed sentiment" left behind was it's either being held tight lipped for 3 or it's become an abandoned concept like all the build up and odd things seen in Xemnas or Apprentice Xehanort in earlier games.

kreezy64

Awards
Sadly there isn't that we know of. Whatever the "fixed sentiment" left behind was it's either being held tight lipped for 3 or it's become an abandoned concept like all the build up and odd things seen in Xemnas or Apprentice Xehanort in earlier games.

This is an incredibly huge stretch. What if you look to his ties of maybe being the 6th apprentice, and maybe a foreteller hid himself/heart, something of that degree, in Xehanort. When he put his heart in Terra, what was left behind was then that manifestation of a foreteller. Or maybe something/someone else idk

Gram

Banned
Awards
Mehhhh I wouldn't bank on that one though it's best to never rule anything out in this series either. Nomura will go through as overly a convoluted idea as he needs to too pull it off or make it seem "surprising".

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't say it's that huge. A funny thing about what is often though to be stretches usually is that they are theories that end up half right. lol
Xehanort>Terra & Ven>Sora>Roxas was one such theory made years in advance with shocking accuracy. xD

digimikej

Awards

I wouldn't call them abandoned concepts just yet. even DDD had a scene with apprentice xehanort as the opening.
(my argument for xemnas not being abandoned is much weaker, he's just my fav character and I don't want his potential to go to waste.)

don't count your chickens before they hatch. all things xehanort are still up in the air until KHIII is released.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not everything may be abandoned but many of the more interesting things seem to be. DDD more or less rendered any Xehanort post BBS to a puppet he was controlling.
Xemnas and Ansem took the biggest hits to character cause we learned everything they done for a decade was just MX schemes. But that's another topic.

Lets keep focus on the interview quotes in the OP. Think they're still relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back