• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things to revisit

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I've noticed that Kingdom Hearts has introduced concepts, but they never went anywhere outside of the games they appeared in. Like the idea of scents in CoM. They could reintroduce it in KH3. Have scenes where Riku comments on how Ansem smells like Terra, or how Roxas and Xion smell like Sora.

Now this one is one of my biggest pet peeves. In KH1 hearts looked like hearts. Now the sphere's of light were okay for the PoH (it gave the idea that their hearts were made of pure light). But in the other games, all hearts (aside from the ones that come out of emblem heartless) are sphere's of light. C'mon Xehanort and Braigs hearts shouldn't look the same as the PoH's.

I'm sure I've missed some, but you guys should get the idea. So do you think they should bring these things back, or just forget about them all together?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
That flippin', half-assed, psychic connection that Kairi and Roxas had once in KH2 but was never brought up again or properly explained. They just said "lol, because hearts!" and left it at that. There are so many unanswered questions about how it works and the possibilities; it can be an interesting concept and tool if fleshed out right. But then again it has the potential to be really hammy imo. Regardless, it's something they brought up and just left dangling. At least give a reason for it not being a relevant anymore. :1

Monkey D. Rocky

Having story aspects like the scents or the talking through the mind thing should make more appearances in the series, but gameplay wise, I like the way their doing it. The Action Menu was unique to KH1 and KH2, command melding and having 3 different stories was unique to KHBBS, and Dream Eaters and Flowmotion in KH3D. Having new gameplay aspects in every game gives every entry in the series it's own identity which I love.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Sora and Kairi's hearts being connected, and why that's important. (If it is anymore. Now that we know Sora can connect with anyone...)

And agreeing with Ruran, I wouldn't mind more info on the communication stuff. After all, Terra communicated with Aqua telepathically in the Final Episode of BbS, so it wasn't just Roxas, Kairi, and Sora who did it. They could also use things like the Star Shards more. I'm just sick of the "What Happened to the Mouse?" trope being so common in KH. They could also stick to the "Chekhov's Gun" trope better.

And with that, as TV Tropes said, I want to know what the heck that letter Pluto had said. There are also things like the Keyblade of People's Hearts, the voice that Sora always hears, etc. that could come back to the series.

I finally want to know what the heck Nami is. Somehow, I don't think we'll ever find that out:(

Also, I want them to explain in KHIII why it's seemingly odd for Kairi to be a PoH and one of the Seven Lights.

Awards
The hearts are still shaped like hearts when you destroy a heartless in all the games they appear in actually.

..The only thing I wanna revisit is the original command menu and MP. I like the deck command menu, but I'm just kinda over it lol

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Now this one is one of my biggest pet peeves. In KH1 hearts looked like hearts. Now the sphere's of light were okay for the PoH (it gave the idea that their hearts were made of pure light). But in the other games, all hearts (aside from the ones that come out of emblem heartless) are sphere's of light. C'mon Xehanort and Braigs hearts shouldn't look the same as the PoH's.

I just boil that down to design decisions and that they don't really matter. It's like when people try to explain why the Doctor's regeneration effect constantly changes. It's more of just design choice and shouldn't really be looked into too seriously.

And just a quick FYI, the hearts are still shaped like cartoon hearts. That is what is at the core of the glowing sphere. It's a little hard to see, but it's there.

Awards
I rembered another thing. In KH1 the Heartless were treated as more of a threat. Not as enemies, but as creature that can destroy worlds. That was why you had to go around sealing keyholes. In KH2 they're treated as more of a nuisance. I know that was purposfully done, because the main threat was the nobodies, but it would be nice the see them become an actual threat to worlds again.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora's mother exists. There's no ignoring it; he's been away from home for like, a year and a half, and it's never going to be addressed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Hearts still look like Hearts y'know? The "sphere of light" is just an orb/aura/corona that surrounds the actual heart, which looks exactly the same than in KH 1.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Sora's mother exists. There's no ignoring it; he's been away from home for like, a year and a half, and it's never going to be addressed.
I think it's safe to assume that during their time back on Destiny Islands at the end of KHII, Sora and Riku visited their respective families, and probably explained everything.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think it's safe to assume that during their time back on Destiny Islands at the end of KHII, Sora and Riku visited their respective families, and probably explained everything.

Gotta protect the world order~

They probably lied.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Does it really matter? *shrugs*
I find it somewhat funny how several people actually give a damn about Sora's mother or parents in general. They're unimportant anyways and I bet that only some fans actually think about these things. Sora's mother doesn't need to be addressed.
Nomura didn't even think about the slightest bits of a past of some Organisation members since he deems it unimportant to the main story, and I don't think it is that farfetched that the same goes for any parents of the main characters.

---

That flippin', half-assed, psychic connection that Kairi and Roxas had once in KH2 but was never brought up again or properly explained. They just said "lol, because hearts!" and left it at that. There are so many unanswered questions about how it works and the possibilities; it can be an interesting concept and tool if fleshed out right. But then again it has the potential to be really hammy imo. Regardless, it's something they brought up and just left dangling. At least give a reason for it not being a relevant anymore. :1

Who says that it isn't relevant anymore? Hearts connecting and talking with other hearts has been still all over the series up to now.
I don't really know from where you get that notion...!?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Gotta protect the world order~

They probably lied.

Would it have been so bad if the parents knew about their adventures? Who on destiny islands would believe them anyway. Plus, what lie could they have possibly told to cover up their nearly two year long absence?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Sign: To the way they've been treating the world order in the games lately, I say this: http://kimyoshiko.deviantart.com/art/KH3D-Meddling-320406462

In all seriousness, though... wasn't there a Nomura interview a long time ago that said something about how it was good Sora and Riku's parents hadn't remembered them during that year, or else they would have had to go back a grade? I think I read that somewhere after KHII came out, but maybe I imagined it. Anyway, if that's true, maybe that explains the parents issue. Perhaps they just don't remember a lot of that year. Or more accurately, maybe it’s like this, "I didn't remember my son for a whole year, so instead of letting that dark secret out, I'm just not going to question what he did during that whole time." Actually, the whole scenario reminds me of this amazingly written fanfiction. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6332095/1/The-Locked-Room

Anyway...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Would it have been so bad if the parents knew about their adventures? Who on destiny islands would believe them anyway.

You literally answered your own question. There's no point in telling them if they don't believe them, and if that happens they'll be making up a lie anyways.

Plus, what lie could they have possibly told to cover up their nearly two year long absence?

Fake amnesia. Does it really matter? It's not like their parents are actually relevant.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Would it have been so bad if the parents knew about their adventures? Who on destiny islands would believe them anyway. Plus, what lie could they have possibly told to cover up their nearly two year long absence?

What? It's not like they didn't know their worlds were destroyed... I mean look at all those people in Traverse Town. I'm sure they ended up somewhere.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Family simply does not matter in the KH universe. They're considered irrelevant. Involving them would only make things more needlessly complicated and BOY we have enough of that already, thank you :D

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Who says that it isn't relevant anymore? Hearts connecting and talking with other hearts has been still all over the series up to now.
I don't really know from where you get that notion...!?

I was more referring specifically to the way Roxas and Kairi did it. It happened once because plot convenience then was swept under the rug.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Why is family not important? With lines like "We may never see our parents again", it's not like it's completely ignored. Elaborate or never introduce them at all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why is family not important? With lines like "We may never see our parents again", it's not like it's completely ignored. Elaborate or never introduce them at all.

Mainly to show that these kids didn't come from thin air or magic and they had normal lives before all of the adventure. And they aren't important because Nomura just doesn't give two licks about family ties, and the baggage that comes with close familial ties. That is why this series is so driven by friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back