• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Inception Brainfuck

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Can someone please explain the entire Inception thing going on through out the game?
I get that Riku dove into Soras dream and became a dream eater but then it all goes downhill.

- Why do the stuff disappear in Country of the Musketeers?
- Why do Riku hear Pete's voice that Sora hear?
- why do Frollo die without reason? (riku)
- why do you kill the unversed in CotM and Monstro twice if Frollo died because he did so in Soras realm?
- Why do we see KH in the sky for a while in Rikus story
- ...If because: Riku see what Sora imagine TWTNW to be then: how can riku go to places that Sora have never been to and how come TT looks different to him at some places

- WTF is up with TT anyway???
- Joshua knows who Sora and Riku are because he dremt them up? wtf?
- what is TT in this game anyway, just Joshuas dream?
- Is a Joshua a world in this game? (yes I have played twewy)
- why do they unlock a keyhole in TT twice??
- it would be pretty cool if Joshua was the heart of TT or something though.

PS. Is the grid not a sleeping world? they unlock a keyhole in it. (thinking about what YX said, "data doesn't dream")
And also, was MT sleeping all this time along with DC or was CotM a different world in which case I wonder how Pete and Minney got there and if it was Donald and goofys homeworld

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ok.

1. What "stuff" exactly do you mean?
2. Because Riku was backstage he could hear what Pete said onstage? Or what scene exactly are you referring to.
3. Frollo didn't die "without reason". The Wargoyle flew up and rammed the ledge in the process, making Frollo losing balance and in his delusion in barking "Judgement" at Riku he didn't even try to regain his footing.
4. First off, the Wargoyle isn't an Unversed. The Wargoyle Sora fights is also not the same as the one Riku fights. There are two Wargoyles, one with and one without wings. And what has this to do with Country of the Musketeers (CoTM)? Sora and Riku have different bosses there and same goes for Prankster's Paradise.
5. It's either a graphical error or Sora dreamed it up since he knew TWTNW like this. Also, dreams are not always meant to make sense!

6. TT = Traverse Town I assume. Traverse Town isn't different to Sora and Riku at all, they just can't reach some areas the other can (the back streets are Riku-only while the Postoffice is Sora-only).

7. I don't get what you problem is. Traverse Town is a world where lost existences can gather and Joshua used this fact to his advantage bringing Neku and the others there.

8. I don't remember that part too well, when was that said?

9. TT is a sleeping world like the others, not just a dream of Joshua. It's current layout has to do with it though.

10. Uh what? Joshua is a person, not a world. If you played TWEWY you should already know what Joshua is.

11. In order to get the seven sleeping keyholes full since TWTNW doesn't count. In-universe it's probably because there were two Traverses which looked identical.

12. There is a reason why YX has the nickname "Trollanort". Not everything he says is true. And even if it is true, opening the keyhole would then awake the world where The Grid is located. Namely, the world where Quorra and Sam teleport to at the end of Riku's scenario.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
The reason Sora and Riku are able to influence each others' worlds is because they are both in dreams, and all dreams are connected. In each world this connection manifests in different ways, but the gist is basically just that their separate dreams are connected.

For most of the game, Sora is in the dreams of the Sleeping Worlds, while Riku is in turn in Sora's dreams. Everything that happens is just a dream, so thinking about how people got where isn't important. They are all just figments of the Worlds' dreams. As the game explains, the Sleeping Worlds are dreaming about events that occurred before they fell asleep. That's how Mickey is in multiple worlds in past incarnations.

In the Grid, however, Sora is just in the Grid itself, not in its dreams. Riku remains in Sora's dreams. Because the Grid is still sleeping (though not dreaming), it has a Keyhole. And of course the Keyhole Riku unlocks is in Sora's dreams, so whether or not the Grid is asleep is irrelevant.

As for the TWTNW, I'll direct you to my graphic explanation of what went down there: http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/169781-so-kh3d-final-world-2.html#post5905641
Basically, Riku sees KH because he is in Sora's dream. TWTNW is so different and crazy for Riku because Sora is dreaming. Dreams can be pretty trippy. Riku is in Sora's dream all the way until the logo for TWTNW appears at Memory's Skyscraper. After the battle with Ansem, Riku emerges from Sora's darkness-filled dream into the real world.

I'm not sure what's up with Traverse Town and Joshua. I haven't looked into that much.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
1. What "stuff" exactly do you mean?
2. Because Riku was backstage he could hear what Pete said onstage? Or what scene exactly are you referring to.
when Riku take away that wheel in his realm the stuff that is falling on mickey disappears. first of all, that wheel wasn't magical so if it moves in Soras world then everything in all the worlds Riku go to should move exactly the same as in soras world and secondly the stuff had already started falling so Riku was to late, why did it suddenly just vanish?
Oh, and riku was just in Soras dream so he shouldn't be able to hear Pete

3. Frollo didn't die "without reason". The Wargoyle flew up and rammed the ledge in the process, making Frollo losing balance and in his delusion in barking "Judgement" at Riku he didn't even try to regain his footing.
they made that look really stupid but sure, I buy it
4. First off, the Wargoyle isn't an Unversed. The Wargoyle Sora fights is also not the same as the one Riku fights. There are two Wargoyles, one with and one without wings. And what has this to do with Country of the Musketeers (CoTM)? Sora and Riku have different bosses there and same goes for Prankster's Paradise.
ok, I guess I was kinda stupid there...

5. It's either a graphical error or Sora dreamed it up since he knew TWTNW like this. Also, dreams are not always meant to make sense!
6. TT = Traverse Town I assume. Traverse Town isn't different to Sora and Riku at all, they just can't reach some areas the other can (the back streets are Riku-only while the Postoffice is Sora-only).
someone explained that it was because Sora envisioned TWTNW like that and it wasn't just a error but then again, it's not like Nomura said it. what I ment about TT looking different is that if the above is right then there shouldn't be boxes lying around in Rikus world when there isn't Soras world etc

8. I don't remember that part too well, when was that said?
the last TT cutscene on the first visit

9. TT is a sleeping world like the others, not just a dream of Joshua. It's current layout has to do with it though.

10. Uh what? Joshua is a person, not a world. If you played TWEWY you should already know what Joshua is.
we have to remember that this isn't TWEWY, Sephiroth is the dark part of clouds heart etc

11. In order to get the seven sleeping keyholes full since TWTNW doesn't count. In-universe it's probably because there were two Traverses which looked identical.
wasn't that just the worlds dream and soras dream?

12. There is a reason why YX has the nickname "Trollanort". Not everything he says is true. And even if it is true, opening the keyhole would then awake the world where The Grid is located. Namely, the world where Quorra and Sam teleport to at the end of Riku's scenario.
In the Grid, however, Sora is just in the Grid itself, not in its dreams. Riku remains in Sora's dreams. Because the Grid is still sleeping (though not dreaming), it has a Keyhole. And of course the Keyhole Riku unlocks is in Sora's dreams, so whether or not the Grid is asleep is irrelevant.
so his in the real world but it's sleeping and he wakes it up? make sense.

-

The reason Sora and Riku are able to influence each others' worlds is because they are both in dreams, and all dreams are connected. In each world this connection manifests in different ways, but the gist is basically just that their separate dreams are connected.
I still don't think it makes any sense "how" they do that sometimes (CotM)

For most of the game, Sora is in the dreams of the Sleeping Worlds, while Riku is in turn in Sora's dreams. Everything that happens is just a dream, so thinking about how people got where isn't important. They are all just figments of the Worlds' dreams. As the game explains, the Sleeping Worlds are dreaming about events that occurred before they fell asleep. That's how Mickey is in multiple worlds in past incarnations.
Mickey I understand though, he have just traveled to the worlds but Pete and Minney shouldn't play those roles in any other world

great work with that, I had problems understanding that as well.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
so his in the real world but it's sleeping and he wakes it up? make sense.
He's still in the Realm of Sleep, and the Grid is a Sleeping World as far as I can tell. The only change is that Sora is in the Sleeping World itself, not in its dream. At least that's how I understood it.

I still don't think it makes any sense "how" they do that sometimes (CotM)
It's basically just a "blahblahblah dreams are connected, deal with it" kind of thing. I don't think its worth even examining the logic behind it.

Mickey I understand though, he have just traveled to the worlds but Pete and Minney shouldn't play those roles in any other world
At some point in the past, before CotM fell asleep, Minnie, Pete, and the Musketeers traveled to that world. They later left, and now the world is dreaming of them as it sleeps. That's all there is to it.

Minnie could have traveled to that world for any reason, and the Disney gang would still treat her as a princess and try to protect her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back