• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TGS 2012 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Why did you show me that? xD Noooooooooooooooo

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Okay, Brittany's interview was just painful to watch after the 0:30 mark...it was pretty cringe-worthy. Sadly, she did originate the voice so I'll always think she is cool, no matter how misinformed she is on every level :)

As for Jesse, it was all going SO well...until 0:45 hit. I don't even think that is forgivable, don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning him or anything, but the damage was done. Oh Jesse...poor Jesse <__<

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Okay, Brittany's interview was just painful to watch after the 0:30 mark...it was pretty cringe-worthy. Sadly, she did originate the voice so I'll always think she is cool, no matter how misinformed she is on every level :)

As for Jesse, it was all going SO well...until 0:45 hit. I don't even think that is forgivable, don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning him or anything, but the damage was done. Oh Jesse...poor Jesse <__<

If I do not laugh at Brittany's KH ignorance I will just cry, so I will just laugh. It does not change my opinion of her voice acting really.

I think you mean 1:47. Ohhhh Jesse XD That actually reminds me of something I might do. I mean the names are similar and they are both ducks from cartoons. I would have a different opinion of it if he had not corrected himself, but he did.

Miminezz

Do you mean the Daffy Duck comment? At least he corrected himself and he's not as misinformed as Brittany. :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh my god...oh my god.

Oh my god.

omg.

tumblr_m8pj77Teg71qayy2qo1_500.gif

These kids. xD

Well, it is true that a lot of the voice actors have no idea what is really happening in the games. They, being the team behind the localization, don't really try and tell them much about the story as a way to prevent leaks (and at least now at this point it is really hard to explain anything that is happening), and they are only given the lines they need to say. I'm not surprised Brittany Snow knew jack about the game. Jesse was better, but he had that Freudian Slip xD

I wouldn't blame Brittany for what she said, though. She should have been told the basic premise of the game before the premiere and it is clear she wasn't

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I prefer Meghan completely, and it has nothing to do with Brittany's knowledge of the series (or lack thereof) :p I just felt Meghan portrayed Namine's character better. She had this sad, introverted quality to her voice that matches Namine completely.

I mean Brittany wasn't bad, but Meghan kind of blew me away in Re:CoM. Especially since I was kind of concerned about how she would perform beforehand.

Awards
To be fair, that really reflects more the changes in Namine's character between CoM and KH2 than it does in voice direction.
Namine isn't quite the sad and introverted character in KH2 that she was in CoM, which I think has to do with her learning from Sora, having something to work toward (their promise), her fascination with Roxas, and no longer being completely locked up and lonely.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
To be fair, that really reflects more the changes in Namine's character between CoM and KH2 than it does in voice direction.
Namine isn't quite the sad and introverted character in KH2 that she was in CoM, which I think has to do with her learning from Sora, having something to work toward (their promise), her fascination with Roxas, and no longer being completely locked up and lonely.

Hm, that's very true. I suppose they both fit the character well for their respective games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You can't blame Brittany. Remember what Ben Diskin said about him asking what the series was about and the recordist laughed at him?
All the information should would have gotten was that she was talking to a boy named Roxas and she was trying to guide him towards a certain fate.
With the knowledge of what worlds were in the game, I'm sure she thought she was a "spiritual guide" who sent Roxas to these worlds.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You can't blame Brittany. Remember what Ben Diskin said about him asking what the series was about and the recordist laughed at him?
All the information should would have gotten was that she was talking to a boy named Roxas and she was trying to guide him towards a certain fate.
With the knowledge of what worlds were in the game, I'm sure she thought she was a "spiritual guide" who sent Roxas to these worlds.

That is true, but KH2 wasn't as complicated as where we are in the series now. Also considering it was a launch premiere event, all of the voice actors should have been told a simple summary of the game beforehand by PR or somebody as to not have moments like Brittany Snow's.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That is true, but KH2 wasn't as complicated as where we are in the series now. Also considering it was a launch premiere event, all of the voice actors should have been told a simple summary of the game beforehand by PR or somebody as to not have moments like Brittany Snow's.
Aw, ethy, leave Brittney alone.
She can do what she wants. After all, it's Brittany, bitch.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Wow. I mean, you cant fault some of the actors for maybe not playing the games, but Brittany......I didnt know she was so misinformed! You'd think she'd inquire a little bit as to the meaning of her lines! I mean, she did a serviceable performance and I've seen her in a couple movies, but wow, that quickly became painful to watch! lol

MJM is a disney channel actress, so you'd think she'd lack talent to do what she did for the character of namine.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Aw, ethy, leave Brittney alone.
She can do what she wants. After all, it's Brittany, bitch.

I should have seen that coming. Ugh! I feel so stupid for not using that...you may have won this round Chaser...but you won't win THE WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back