• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix's E3 2013 Lineup Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Re: Square Enix's E3 2013 Lineup Revealed!

You know somthing. What. Do. You. Know.

8|

Rydgea, meet Shamdeo. He's always alluding to things he may or may not know. It's best to just go with it.

schwartzmas

Awesome lineup, super excited to see 1.5 gameplay in English. Also, am I the only one that thought the link to FFX/X-2 looked like FFXIX-2. I was extremely confused.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

You know something. What. Do. You. Know.

8|

iRu3o3hR3pmfP.gif

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

When it's announced as FFXV, I will call you out as a liar ;_;

i won't.

after all, ff9 was originally gonna be a side title and that got full main-entry status. because of this, it wouldn't be surprising if versus 13 became 15

and plus, this would all fit with the pattern of 3 main games per system (not counting other titles)

nes/fc - ff1-3
snes/sfc - ff4-6
ps1 - ff7-9
ps2 - ff10-12
ps3 - ff13-15?

(see, it would also mean versus stays on ps3 :D)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

At times it feels like I'm the only one who doesn't give a shit about Versus.

I am interested in theif, the Final Fantasy X/X2 remasters, and KH HD though.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

to be fair it's kind of surprising that people are still interested after all this time and little to no info

Zanarkand16

Thief seems pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to FFX/X-2 Remaster and KH 1.5. I'm not getting my hopes up for Versus 13 though. It would be awesome if it was announced as FFXV but I'm doubting it at this point.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm not getting my hopes up for Versus 13 though. It would be awesome if it was announced as FFXV but I'm doubting it at this point.

The sleeping prince awakens and his perfume is available on the XVth of June.

to be fair it's kind of surprising that people are still interested after all this time and little to no info

Eh, either its now or never so might as well get hyped up.

At times it feels like I'm the only one who doesn't give a shit about Versus.

You're not. You're just a minority here xD

ps3 - ff13, 13-2, LRFF

I fixed that for you. PS4 train~

If it doesnt show up this time, there's always tgs and next year.

It's now or never. SE needs to prove it to their shareholders, their fans, and the overall audience that they can commit to their promises since they have a new CEO and president now. Not revealing Versus at E3 might as well be them sawing their head off.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I wouldn't be surprised if Square Enix pulls an Iwata and says: by the way we have one more anouncement to make. And Versus is shown in some form.

It's now or never. SE needs to prove it to their shareholders, their fans, and the overall audience that they can commit to their promises since they have a new CEO and president now. Not revealing Versus at E3 might as well be them sawing their head off.

Indeed, the Lightning saga, the hd remasters, and ports, aren't going to help much in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I'm surprised That there still banking on lightning to save them, and will be even more surprised if that's the big thing of E3. If Versus is not shown at E3, it might as well be cancelled considering how the shareholders will react.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Indeed, the Lightning saga, the hd remasters, and ports, aren't going to help much in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I'm surprised That there still banking on lightning to save them, and will be even more surprised if that's the big thing of E3. If Versus is not shown at E3, it might as well be cancelled considering how the shareholders will react.

The HD remasters are at least going to give Square some more money to work with as they are made with as little cost as possible, so they can at least help their finances if not their reputation.

As for the Lightning saga, I did actually wonder once if it was really necessary to do FF XIII-2 which mucked up the narrative more than it helped it, requiring a third title to clear up things.
Considering that the original XIII, for all the (perceived) shortcomings, had a relatively sound ending that tied up most plot points, the strategy they have behind it isn't that clear.

Although I do admit that I find the obnoxious bashing of the Lightning-games, especially on the net, going way out of hand and blowing things out of proportions, it is nothing new in the FF fandom that the newest title always is "the worst one" until the next comes out.
Blaming the Lightning-games for anything regarding Versus is bullshit though, as these games have no hand in all the problems that are/were faced with Versus and are not even done by the same dev team.
My cousin (not a ff fan) even asked me once if FF fans are sexist because of the many hate directed towards Lightning and her games while Versus has a male protagonist and is put on a pedestal, which if of course also way out of context.

Square's biggest mishap was definitely that they even announced Versus so early. They would have done better just keeping their mouth shut until there is really something to show.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

The real question here is... Did Nomura tell people to "Please look forward to it" upon the initial Versus reveal?

Cause if so... yeah, that would explain a lot. Looking forward to something for.... 7 years now? Yeah, that's a long time. XD

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

The real question here is... Did Nomura tell people to "Please look forward to it" upon the initial Versus reveal?

Cause if so... yeah, that would explain a lot. Looking forward to something for.... 7 years now? Yeah, that's a long time. XD

I remember reading a preview of final fantasy XIII, type 0 (when it was known as agito XIII) and Versus XIII in 2006, where they said it would be released 2009 at the earliest.

The HD remasters are at least going to give Square some more money to work with as they are made with as little cost as possible, so they can at least help their finances if not their reputation.

As for the Lightning saga, I did actually wonder once if it was really necessary to do FF XIII-2 which mucked up the narrative more than it helped it, requiring a third title to clear up things.
Considering that the original XIII, for all the (perceived) shortcomings, had a relatively sound ending that tied up most plot points, the strategy they have behind it isn't that clear.

Although I do admit that I find the obnoxious bashing of the Lightning-games, especially on the net, going way out of hand and blowing things out of proportions, it is nothing new in the FF fandom that the newest title always is "the worst one" until the next comes out.
Blaming the Lightning-games for anything regarding Versus is bullshit though, as these games have no hand in all the problems that are/were faced with Versus and are not even done by the same dev team.
My cousin (not a ff fan) even asked me once if FF fans are sexist because of the many hate directed towards Lightning and her games while Versus has a male protagonist and is put on a pedestal, which if of course also way out of context.

Square's biggest mishap was definitely that they even announced Versus so early. They would have done better just keeping their mouth shut until there is really something to show.

1: I agree that HD remasters are good way to make a quick buck.
2: I think most fans of XIII would have been happy if there was no sequel. You should've seen how pissed people were at XIII-2's ending.
3: The Lightning games are easy scapegoats for fans.
4: I'd hardly call them sexist considering a lot of the "haters" love VI and Terra.
5: agreed.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I remember reading a preview of final fantasy XIII, type 0 (when it was known as agito XIII) and Versus XIII in 2006, where they said it would be released 2009 at the earliest.
well at least they said "at the earliest"

that could mean anywhere from 2009 to the year 3000.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

lol They aren't banking on Lightning to save them at all, that I can say with 100% certainty.

-sigh- If there's no versus. Then KH3 won't probably be here till 2015 at least =/ I hope it's announced in the PS4 show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back