• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm going to actually review it! Please look forward to it!

I hope I won't be spoiled by reading your review on the book. It's not like there's anything to spoil, right? XD But thanks for spending some time reviewing it for us! :D

The Mickey Mouse head is actually a plastic case over the actual book. It gets scratched and buffed easily, but it is a protector so I guess that is the point. The back is a keyhole that you can see King Mickey and Namine through. When you slide it off, it is the full picture.

The cover itself is glossy and picks up fingerprints easily (as does the plastic protector but you can just wipe it off with a cloth). The inside pages are gorgeous. The typography is great and everything from front to back has been translated and there is even Shiro Amano's message from when the book was made.

Those are just crazy neat. I can't wait until mine arrives, and when it does, I'm going to treasure it in a glass cabinet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope I won't be spoiled by reading your review on the book. It's not like there's anything to spoil, right? XD But thanks for spending some time reviewing it for us! :D

Spoiler free it will be! ;D Most of the art has been seen before, but there are a few little gems I won't share. And I definitely won't share Shiro Amano's message. It is too cute!

Those are just crazy neat. I can't wait until mine arrives, and when it does, I'm going to treasure it in a glass cabinet.

Just don't forget to appreciate it up close. Art books are meant to be touched every now and then *u*

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Multiple figures? List them if you could! I NEED TO KNOW

Kairi has a Play Arts figure, a Formation Arts figure, a Tomy Magical Collection figure, another figure that came in a 3-pack with Sora and Riku when KH1 first came out, and I think that's about it...for now.

I'm upset my comic book vendor didn't bring this in already. I have to wait longerrr. Ethy, could you confirm whether the cover is textured and pulls back to reveal a bigger image of DI? This may have been confirmed on previous pages. *supes tired* But I was wondering if there was anything behind the negative space of the Mickey Mouse head, or if the cover is just flat.

From the preview I saw a month ago, the book is the EXACT same as the Japanese one with English text. I looked at it very quickly, but if you're wondering about anything missing with it, fear not, for nothing is missing or changed ;)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I've just had mine delivered to my doorstep. THAT THING IS HUGE. I wasn't expecting the size of it, I thought it was only like a typical tankoubon size.

Time to have some eye candy~

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
FINALLY - got my copy of this yesterday. If you guys haven't picked it up, everything good said about this thing is true. It's so gorgeous and so well put together that I was blown away. Honestly, the presentation is just downright cool. So happy with this product, you get to see the novel covers, sketches, some color pages from the manga (the meteor shower on DI <3), and so on. The little details like the character art from the official manga being by the page numbers - super cute - you could tell a lot of thought was put behind this when they made it originally. My favorite section has to be the index! You can see where each artwork stems from, whether it's purpose was the cover of a manga or a novel or for an issue of Shounen GanGan, etc!

Bottom line, my reasoning for bumping this, if you haven't already picked this up (and don't think Santa is going to get it to you) treat yoself! omg there's Christmas art is here I've never seen before

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Bottom line, my reasoning for bumping this, if you haven't already picked this up (and don't think Santa is going to get it to you) treat yoself! omg there's Christmas art is here I've never seen before

I have to agree. Aside from the index and Amano's message, the Christmas art, especially the one on page 105, has got to be my favourite part of the artbook. It's such a gemstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back