• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent & the foreteller text

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Maleficent: I see.

Pete: What is it?

Maleficent: I did not realise it because of this "Datascape" thing.

Maleficent: Book of Prophecies--

Maleficent: There was once a book that goes by this title.

Maleficent: Inside were records of events that had not yet transpired, as though the book itself had seen the future.

Pete: Heh. If something like that does exist, it would be so easy to do whatever you want with the worlds.

Maleficent: It seems that by reenacting the events foretold in the Book of Prophecies,

Maleficent: it is even possible to extract the people and powers from that future.

Pete: What? Worlds and people from a book?

Pete: That's just too much. It sounds like something out of a fairy tale.

Pete: I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Maleficent: Indeed. Just like a fairy tale.

Maleficent: But so is this "Datascape", is it not?

Maleficent: The journals they used to record their adventures in...

Maleficent: those may very well be connected to the Book of Prophecies said to have existed in the past.

Pete: Now this is starting to sound interesting, Maleficent!

Maleficent: It seems that I must get my hands on this "data" they have been speaking of.

This isn't no theory or such this time just a simple question, a discussion of something that isn't Xehanort, keyblade transformations or the like.

What do you think she could gain? Think its within this text that the "lost masters" still reside? Hope it'll make Maleficent an actual threat again in the series? Hope this means we'll get to go back to the datascape in KH3? No one else find it odd Maleficent even knows of the text?

Just where exactly do you hope this budding subplot will lead?

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
While we're at this, it's good to use the updated translation of the scene that you can find here. In addition, according to English subtitles hacked out of the Japanese game, what we know as Foreteller's Script / Text is referred to as the Book of Prophecies, so might as well start using that term from now on.

It isn't all too odd that Maleficent came to possession of the knowledge of the book. After all, it's an object of myth or legend which she might have known from somewhere else and her being in the Datascape sparked a glimmer of that memory. As to what it would be used for, it's anyone's guess, but it seems that it isn't out of the question that she might try to draw powers from the book itself for her own use.

My guess is that she would start by decoding the book the way, or at least in a similar way, Mickey decoded Jiminy's journal.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maleficent mentions something about Jiminy's Journal(s) being connected to the future the Book of Prophecies predicted. This feeds my theory that from Birth by Sleep onward the BoP (Book of Prophecies) is being fed right now and that Master Yen Sid, Mickey and Jiminy possibly cyber-fied the Journal(s) because they might want to predict the future and see if, in the past, they can find the answer to prevent another Keyblade War and/or Master Xehanort getting his hands on Kingdom Hearts.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
If we do end up back in the Datascape, I'd guess that it was because Maleficent wanted to find power and answers that would make her formidable for the first time in over ten years - well, ten years our real world time, anyway. I always found the concept of the whole "Use this computer to digitize a journal to relive events" as a more interactive version of the Pensieve from the Harry Potter series, so I'd imagine that she and Pete would use it in a manner similar to that.

As to what power and answers the Foreteller's Script/Book of Prophecy contains....I've got nothing.

Sdog

Awards
It isn't all too odd that Maleficent came to possession of the knowledge of the book. After all, it's an object of myth or legend which she might have known from somewhere else and her being in the Datascape sparked a glimmer of that memory. As to what it would be used for, it's anyone's guess, but it seems that it isn't out of the question that she might try to draw powers from the book itself for her own use.

I was wondering the same thing. Especially since something on the level of other worlds had to be brought to her attention, a mythical book should be much more obscure. Would be a shame if it was just Xehanort again using her in some way to snatch it from her again like the PoHs.

But like I've said before, I'd love for Maleficent to get her hands on whatever these 'tomes'' or 'book of prophecy', could be if not to change the dynamic but at least make her relevant for this finale.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I was hoping that this was the direction Maleficent would be taking. There are a few juicy possibilities here that we can theorize over. Whether she wants to pull the foretellers out or she wants to be able to see the future or pull things from a datascape created around the tomes. I mean, those all sound like formidable plans.

Gram

Banned
Awards
When you think about it it is odd though. The book is tied to keyblade wielders and outside worlds, that kinda information. Maleficent wasn't told of such things till Xehanort approached her in BBS.
MX told her of the 7 PoH and kh but would he really tell her more?

I suppose she could've heard of it after world traveling a bit but then beckons the question of from who? Keyblade wielders, for the most part, do seem to hold tight of their rule of being tight lipped given how few know of the world as a whole.
Even Sora rarely says outright were he's from when you look back on the games.

I was hoping that this was the direction Maleficent would be taking. There are a few juicy possibilities here that we can theorize over. Whether she wants to pull the foretellers out or she wants to be able to see the future or pull things from a datascape created around the tomes. I mean, those all sound like formidable plans.
I see her trying to pull a similar thing to the datascape or even using the "data" as she keeps calling it (meaning datascape) to digitize and make "real" the book.
Like she points out herself the journals are like a fairy tail made real.

Last edited:

digimikej

Awards
When you think about it it is odd though. The book is tied to keyblade wielders and outside worlds, that kinda information. Maleficent wasn't told of such things till Xehanort approached her in BBS.
MX told her of the 7 PoH and kh but would he really tell her more?

I suppose she could've heard of it after world traveling a bit but then beckons the question of from who? Keyblade wielders, for the most part, do seem to hold tight of their rule of being tight lipped given how few know of the world as a whole.
Even Sora rarely says outright were he's from when you look back on the games.

I see her trying to pull a similar thing to the datascape or even using the "data" as she keeps calling it (meaning datascape) to digitize and make "real" the book.
Like she points out herself the journals are like a fairy tail made real.

the question of from who is quite simple, IMO. King Triton shows us that some powerful beings are aware of keyblade wielders, and even the legend of the keyblade war. maleficent destroyed countless worlds with her heartless army, she could have easily just heard it from another wise leader she fought. I mean, if one leader knows of the destructive power of the keyblade, perhaps another knows of its origins, and perhaps yet another knows even more. we don't know.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Great point. I had forgotten about Triton tbh. xD
Always felt kinda cheated with him, he seems to know something but they never went back to that little plot.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Always felt kinda cheated with him, he seems to know something but they never went back to that little plot.
We still could in KH3. If king triton actually reveals what he knows(it being related to the foretellers would be a bonus), I think it would be worth it to suffer through Atlantica again XD

digimikej

Awards

I always felt like triton knows A LOT. like a lot a lot. with the amount of vehemence he showed, it felt to me more like he had personal experience with a keyblade wielder that ended very, VERY poorly. like, vanitas did his unversed thing, got bored, and left poorly.lol.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I always felt like triton knows A LOT. like a lot a lot. with the amount of vehemence he showed, it felt to me more like he had personal experience with a keyblade wielder that ended very, VERY poorly. like, vanitas did his unversed thing, got bored, and left poorly.lol.

Hmm, that would actually make a disturbing parallel with how vehement he was in regards to Ariel interacting with humans because of what happened to her mother. Triton's initial reluctance to have her interact with Sora and the Keyblade seems to have suggested that something had to have happened during that time - perhaps a member of the true Organization XIII left a really bad impression after all causing nothing but devastation or perhaps the Vanitas unleashing the Unversed idea you had.

Or perhaps, he has a huge library that has differing accounts of the Keyblade War or something.

yamibakura

why d ppls have such a boner for foretellelers.its just a way of doing justice to kh chi.there is nothing intersting about it.its a plot element used to give a specific title to our keyblade heroes.
btw is it a coincidence that MX has a goat on his keyblade?isnt that connected to the devil?i can see a link here considering that xehanort poisons ppls minds.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's okay to have different opinions, but...

why d ppls have such a boner for foretellelers.its just a way of doing justice to kh chi.there is nothing intersting about it.its a plot element used to give a specific title to our keyblade heroes.

and...

btw is it a coincidence that MX has a goat on his keyblade?isnt that connected to the devil?i can see a link here considering that xehanort poisons ppls minds.

are highly likely, if not definitely, related. The goat / ram motif on Master Xehanort's Keyblade fits really well with the other Foretellers' Keyblades which bear animal motifs (fox, snake, leopard, bear, and unicorn), albeit with an extra eye and No Heart on the Keyblade.

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

In case you haven't been following the latest development, this is supported by information contained within the scenes you can find here.

Besides, Chi gaining importance might lead into eventual localisation of the game, which many people here seem to be dying for. I know there are folks out there who want to try their hands on the game but are deterred by the language barrier.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Besides, Chi gaining importance might lead into eventual localisation of the game, which many people here seem to be dying for. I know there are folks out there who want to try their hands on the game but are deterred by the language barrier.
I am one to believe that Chi will either be localized as the standalone browser game that it is, or Nomura might think of something along the lines of a short movie (no more than 45 minutes) and bundle it alongside Dream. Drop. Distance. HD (and Birth by Sleep Vol. 2).

Gram

Banned
Awards
why d ppls have such a boner for foretellelers.its just a way of doing justice to kh chi.there is nothing intersting about it.its a plot element used to give a specific title to our keyblade heroes

Tell that to it's growing relevance in KH3. Plus to some it's just interesting or something to ponder that isn't Xehanort or Namine. This part of the foretellers in particular isn't even tied to the heroes but to Maleficent and her plans for their prophecies.

Like her mentioning extracting people. If people can be summoned from that book then theres the chance of anyone appearing, even the "lost masters" aka Foretellers.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Tell that to it's growing relevance in KH3. Plus to some it's just interesting or something to ponder that isn't Xehanort or Namine. This part of the foretellers in particular isn't even tied to the heroes but to Maleficent and her plans for their prophecies.

Like her mentioning extracting people. If people can be summoned from that book then theres the chance of anyone appearing, even the "lost masters" aka Foretellers.

Oh God, I hope KINGDOM HEARTS III doesn't have an ending along the lines of the Matrix: everything was just a recreational experiment made on the Data World of the Real World that is not the world Sora and company are in...

Gram

Banned
Awards
I keep thinking of her mentioning extracting people out of this book. What kinda twist would it be if she brought the Foretellers back and actually became in charge?
Would be quite interesting if all those ideas of MX having the 6th lost pseudo-foreteller are true.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I keep thinking of her mentioning extracting people out of this book. What kinda twist would it be if she brought the Foretellers back and actually became in charge?
Would be quite interesting if all those ideas of MX having the 6th lost pseudo-foreteller are true.

That would actually be a helluva twist.
If MX has the 6th Apprentice (somehow) to "complete" his Organisation and Maleficent somehow "gains" the other five she would certainly have a strong position in the ongoing conflict.
Furthermore, Maleficent, Pete and the five Foretellers sum up to seven when you look closely at it.

Main question would then be if we get a glorious three-way battle between Sora & co., The Nort-family and Maleficent's superlative seven or if Maleficent (again) decides to join forces with Sora's group temporarily.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ If the thing with Braig and Isa is truly him going off on his own against Xehanort you'd not have just a 3 way battle but a 4 way battle. Almost gives the impression that Nomura is trying to escalate it into war. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back