• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Magic in KH III - How do you want it to function

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
First I just wanted to ask if anyone else have seen this because I need to boost my ego if not lol, sorry.

Maybe this have been pointed out already but did anyone else notice something pretty bad ass about 1:20-1:21?
It's fast and well hidden but it looks as if Sora use the wind spell to jump really high, look at how high he jump and look at the tower in the background (granted it's further away from him so the angle could be deceiving) and yes, there's wind making the grass move below him.
We've all seen that you can grind on the ice but I've not seen anyone mention this before.

That out of the way, how do you want the magic to work in KH III now when we know the command deck is gone and we're back to a more KH II-ish system.

I wrote this a while back so I copy-paste here.

Starting with the KH II magic system and evolve it.
Each element have 3 phases, so if you have a fire spell asigned to X and press X for less then half a second you might shot a normal fireball.
Press and hold that bottom and Sora start to load up a fire spell, after half a second you can let go and Sora might shot a Crawling Fire.
Hold the button for 2,5 second and Sora might swing the keyblade around and create a tornado around him which he hower around in and damage enemies.

Each phase cost slightly more mp but the cost is not only determined by the phase because there's more customization.
You can win in many different magic attacks for each element (except maybe healing) so Sora might have 3 basic fire attacks, 3 lv2 spells and 3 lv3 spells.
Here's some examples, you can choose which one to use as a shortcut from the paus manu:

--- Level 1 Fire Spells

Fire (fireball) - 7mp
Fira
Firaga

Firespin (KH II fire) - 5mp
Firaspin
Firagaspin

Fire Strike - 5mp
- imagine Sora in the new KH III trailer when he shot fire and it looks like he pierce the enemy, take away the actual orb and just make it a piercing attack (deal more damage then the above)
Fira Strike
Firaga Strike

--- Level 2 Fire Spells

Tripple Fire/Fira/Firaga 12mp
Crawling Fire/Fira/Firaga - 14mp
Fire/Fira/Firaga Burst - 10mp (the exploding one, right?)

--- Level 3 Fire Spells

Fire Pool (keep burning on the ground) - 25mp
Fire Tornado (the one I mentioned in the main text) - 25mp
Fire Rain (BBS ball that shoot a bunch of smaller fire spells) - 20mp
Ultima (Huge explosion) - 30mp

Something like that, the cost would probably be very different from what I've written and change depending on fire/fira/firaga.

PS. was thinking about aero.
Aero (KHIII), Aero Wall (KHI), Air Jump (push away enemies around and jump high), Air Drill (forward spinning attack like a surge but you spin like in the flow motion attack in 3D), Air Blade (change the name but throw the keyblade like a strike raid and it hit multiple enemies flying around everywhere, I think Ven had an attack like that), Aero Push (Force Push), Aero Cut (4:11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X4wGd31LsE)

Last edited:

Morgenstern

Awards
I hope that's actually in the game. I like the Magic commands of BBS and Dream Drop Distance and its not like FF didn't have bloated spell lists anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back