• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts @ SDCC 2012

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I decided to mimic the title of the "KHInsider @ E3 2012" for the topic this time around. For those who may not know, SDCC is San Diego Comic-Con 2012 and it is going to take place in mid-July (it's already sold out). Last year, Monogram was gracious enough to release Kingdom Hearts' 1st Comic-con exclusives in the form of 2 gold-resin statues of Sora and Mickey. Both were limited to 50 pieces ever made and both retailed at SDCC 2011 for $20 each.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Although the originality isn't there, this year they are releasing all 4 statues (Sora, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy) in a silver-resin. This pack of 4 will be limited to 100 pieces made and will retail for $90. The boxing is especially nice and I think this is a very nice piece to any Kingdom Hearts collection.

28187d1339509476-sdcc-exclusive-kingdom-hearts-resin-figurine-set-1kingheartssdcc1.jpg

28188d1339509476-sdcc-exclusive-kingdom-hearts-resin-figurine-set-1kingheartssdcc2.jpg

28189d1339509476-sdcc-exclusive-kingdom-hearts-resin-figurine-set-1kingheartssdcc3.jpg

The statues can connect to each other and are paperweights (though I don't know who would actually use them as paperweights).

I made this thread not only to send awareness out to collectors such as myself, but also to see if anyone on these forums is going to or knows someone who is going to San Diego Comic-con 2012. I live on the east coast, quite far from the opposite side of the US and I am hoping someone could pick me up a set lol xP I have the gold statues, and besides minor details, they are quite nice. If anyone knows someone or is going themselves, please tell me lol xP I would definitely pay you back (plus shipping and handling of course).

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Always good to see more merch, but I'm not impressed with the sculpting. Donald looks good, but something's off about the others. King Mickey and Sora look especially stiff.

WaveK89

I saw: Kingdom Hearts 2011 Gold Collectables, and said, "ooh!" *click* "WTF!".

Pretty cool though.

Key Wielder

Awards
These are pretty nice looking, although I don't think I would buy them. I agree that the eyes are just a tad bit creepy. It seems to be pretty common for at least Sora, though; my bobbleheads of Sora and Riku have faces that border on scary at times. o.0

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I like how the gold ones cost only $20 but the silver ones cost $90.

And most of those are pretty creepy...

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
>See gold Sora is scary
>What no he isn't I just saw him
>Look again
Holy crap that is creepy O..O

Also, why do they take the time to make these, but nothing like this?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I have the gold ones and I don't think Sora or Mickey look as bad as they do in these photos. Don't get me wrong, Sora's eyes are just as creepy...if not creepier in real life (they are just blank and open, always staring straight with no pupils), but the details on the rest of his body are really nice. Mickey looks pretty chubby around the torso, but the rest of him looks really good. I haven't seen Donald or Goofy up close though to gauge how they look.

Also, I think the reason they are more expensive for the silver collection comes down to a few factors:

- each gold one was $20 packaged in a plain hard plastic like any action figure = $40
- this one comes with all 4, which would make it cost $80, but the packaging is much nicer with the cloth inside and nice box itself, which I assume accounts for the extra $10

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
so this really has nothing to do with sdcc and you just want to know who's going so you can ask them to buy you merch? kupo i am disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back