• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will Xehanort summon his past selves in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
(Had a thread on this once but it got he's ok side tracked)

Xehanort: The real Organization XIII.

Riku: The Organization?

Xehanort: I am Xehanort from the most distant past. My future self gave me a
task--to visit the splintered versions of myself in many worlds, and ensure
they gathered here today.

Riku: From the past?

Xehanort: There are restrictions to movement through time. First, you must
leave your body behind to do it. Then, there must be a version of you waiting
at the destination. Upon arrival, you can only move forward as per the laws
of time. And you cannot rewrite the events that are destined to happen.

Riku: What have you done?

Xehanort: My most future self will arrive soon. Then, time for all of us
will return to normal...

(He raises his hand up to the highest throne, where a smoky figure is slowly
appearing)

Xehanort: ...and I will go back to my era to live the life fate has in store.
He can vouch for that.

Notice the bold part of the dialogue quote from the vid there. This scene is the second of YX's explanations about how his time travel works and what the Xehanorts plans are up till now.

so far Xehanorts powers of time have been given two explanations in source. First is Master Xehanort himself:
— What about Xemnas and Ansem, essentially they weren’t inside anyone, was it due to circumstances of the worlds of sleep?

Nomura: First off, when Young Xehanort made contact with the Brown Robed Figure, that is to say, the Xehanort who called himself Ansem, his abilities were transferred to him. As a result of Master Xehanort tossing his physical body, he was able to exceed time, and this power was carried into the Brown Robed Figure. Thus when Young Xehanort made contact with him, he gained this power. Possessing this power. Young Xehanort functioned as a “portal”, summoning Xemnas and Ansem each time they appeared. That’s why Young Xehanort was there whenever they appeared. Additionally, when Sora and Riku dropped into the worlds of sleep, simultaneously Young Xehanort himself goes into the world of sleep.

The second source is sited to Ansem Seeker of Darkness also discarding Terras body becoming the bodiless Robed Figure. The source of this one is a fan translation of the Memorial Ultimania. (I'll have to provide a link later since on my phone right now)

Regardless of which the important factor in all this is that it's Xehanorts state of incompletion that's allowing them to time travel. MX divided from his body then divided from Terras.

YX goes over his explanation of the time travel quite clearly despite everyones' confusion. But let's focus on the main rule:
"First, you must leave your body behind to do it."
Xehanort meet this requirement twice by not only ditching his body but Terras to.

(here's a more detailed thread on time travel if your confused so far: http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/198272-perhaps-time-travel-isnt-too-concrete.html)

Doesn't this poke a hole in Xehanorts scheme though? His plan revolves around incompletion but in DDD he's whole. Not jat MX but everyone came back while just about.
Then there's Ansem. This being, as Xemnas, is born from a ungodly convoluted mix of people but the basis of these two beings is that they are incomplete ones. What allows them to exist is Terra and MX being incomplete but MX is now back thanks to they're own destruction. And if MX is back then so should Terra in some form as well.

What does this mean? It means the factors allowing time travel are now null. The two bodies Xehanort divided from are from are now whole. So shouldn't this mean now that Xehanort is whole again the others will return to their natural flows of time and eras?

Does this explain Xigbar's remark:
Xigbar said:
What now, you old coot? Our time is up!

For unknown reasons they only had a limited time frame and then all of them disappeared yet there didn't seem to be no time frame prior when YX, Ansem and Xemnas was stalking Sora & Riku through DDD.
If time has returned to normal for them what will Xehanort do in KH3 for his past members? Were they just temporary members to fill in for DDD while the time power was still in affect?

EDIT:

Another interesting thing to note is Young & Master Xehanorts own comments that their foresight only extends to DDD. That both remark that it is only things beyond that point that "beyond mine [their] sight".
YX also remarks he'll return to his own time after DDD which an ultimania chart supports.

If he's only present up till DDD then who's in his place in kh3?

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Does this explain Xigbar's remark:

Xigbar said:
What now, you old coot? Our time is up!

For unknown reasons they only had a limited time frame and then all of them disappeared yet there didn't seem to be no time frame prior when YX, Ansem and Xemnas was stalking Sora & Riku through DDD.
If time has returned to normal for them what will Xehanort do in KH3 for his past members? Were they just temporary members to fill in for DDD while the time power was still in affect?

I've been wondering a bit about this. I found it odd that there would be some sort of time limit on their reunion (for lack of a better term). In regards to an actual reason, I kind of assumed that there was some sort of fluctuation that happens through bringing too many people back from the past into the present/future or something along the lines of that.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I mean, that can be answered pretty quickly, we know that the Realm of Sleep exists outside of time. Which is why Sora and Riku were able to enter it in the past and exit it in the present relatively quickly. Could also explain why Young Xehanort brought the others through there, it'd speed things up quicker.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Possible but the time limit isn't mentioned until Master Xehanort himself has finally reformed. Up until the reformation the other Xehanorts were sitting there just fine and dandy. Though I guess one could always work it that whatever time the special properties of TWTNW gave them was shorten after MX returned. As in a limit to how long it can be held appears when he revives but that short time was further sped up.

The big part of all of this to me is Young Xehanort mentioning that "time for all of us will return to normal". If Master Xehanort being incomplete made time abnormal and let them gather and then becoming complete returned it to normal dispersing them then what will he do for KH3 when he needs them again?

Both MX and YX state things beyond KH3 lie "beyond my sight" so we know YX never travels farther than KH3D. Maybe Master Xehanort has another alternate time method to summon them back? At least I hope it's alternate methods in KH3. Don't want anymore convolution.

EmperorPersuit

A thing I can imagine is that MX could possess someone like he did to Terra and tossing his body again to activate time travel and summon his past selves or he could toss' away Ansem SoD's heart from Terra's Body (I assume that Terra's Body has got Apprentice Xehanort's, Ansem's and Xemnas' heart, MX is in his old body), thus leading the creation of the robbed figure which also activates time travel, because he has no body.

Gram

Banned
Awards
So you think MX will create another robed figure to gather them again? o_0

EmperorPersuit

That would be the easiest way for MX to gather all again for the showdown. I can't think of an another easy way for him. :/
He always has a Plan B.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
What I don't get is why he got them all together there in the first place. Why bother? They all got sent back anyway right? I say just bring the necessary (Young Xehanort) and current ones (Master Xehanort, Xemnas, Ansem, Braig, and Isa), then leave the rest of them for later so there wasn't as much effort.
Oh! I just figured it out! Master Xehanort will get them all here through a plot hole!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Isn't The World That Never Was a special world that doesn't obey time's laws? Also, maybe some of them were current members of the Organization from the present, and just ran away when things didn't work out?

Gram

Banned
Awards
What I don't get is why he got them all together there in the first place. Why bother? They all got sent back anyway right? I say just bring the necessary (Young Xehanort) and current ones (Master Xehanort, Xemnas, Ansem, Braig, and Isa), then leave the rest of them for later so there wasn't as much effort.
Oh! I just figured it out! Master Xehanort will get them all here through a plot hole!
It's not a plothole. He gathered there to gather his darknesses. He says it in passing as he's fading away that "neither the union of light nor darkness" was achieved. He was planning to gather his 13 dark seekers together and unify them someway.

That, or more likely, Nomura was just going for dramatics by having them all there and showing big bad Geezornort becoming whole again while staring down on his victims.

Either way they was there for a not fully defined reason which isn't plothole.

Isn't The World That Never Was a special world that doesn't obey time's laws? Also, maybe some of them were current members of the Organization from the present, and just ran away when things didn't work out?
TWTNW has special properties:

In other words, Ansem and Xemnas were, at the same time, existing in the time and space of KH3D as well as having returned to their true human form after being destroyed?

Nomura: Yes, it does turn out that way. However, as I said before, ‘The World That Never Was’, where the thirteen all met, is a special space. The mechanics behind how they were all able to exist at the same time is a mystery. From KH1 on, Ansem has returned no matter how many times he has been defeated, perhaps the same sort of thing happened.

I wouldn't say it doesn't obey time there, they did eventually run out of time and fade, but something about that world lets them bend the rules.
I think it's likely they all just dispersed when they didn't get Sora as 13. They all gathered there to welcome MX and his 13th vessel but Sora was saved.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I'm sure one will pop up though with this whole time travel thing popping out of nowhere (I'm not counting Timeless River, that was a world, not a huge plot point in the game)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sadly, that's probably the real reason that that scene played out the way it did in retrospect.

haha I know right? TuT
That scene would've made more sense in KH3 and as a success (not with Sora) if you think about it cause the 13 darkness needed would be gathered and half the xblade formed.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
haha I know right? TuT
That scene would've made more sense in KH3 and as a success (not with Sora) if you think about it cause the 13 darkness needed would be gathered and half the xblade formed.

Agreed. At least that way, there would have made a much bigger impact.

At the very least, we got to see the old coot again.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm a bit conflicted on seeing the old coot again personally. xD

Vasquez

Awards
I'm assuming the piece Xehanort in them connects them through time, maybe lets him recall them from the past at some juncture.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe when they came to the present, Xehanort made replicas of all of them then possessed them?

bgizzles45

Terranort (the current form of Xehanort) or Braig will use the cornerstone in the Disney Castle and bring them all to the present.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The Cornerstone would be a cool way to incorporate Disney and the main storyline. Maybe he tells his past selves to meet at Disney Castle and wait for the door to open to the present?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back