• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Digimon - Cyber Sleuth Out Now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Apparently, this game was announced at TGS this year. At first, I was like: eh, not interested. Probably won't be released here either so idc. But then I saw this:

[video=youtube;gN0xEn6iHj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN0xEn6iHj4[/video]

And now, I do care. This trailer alone holds an insane amount of nostalgia for me. But I am worried that this won't make it in Western countries.. What are the odds of this being released overseas?

Anyway, will you buy it if it's being released overseas? If not, will you import it? Discuss!

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Re: Digimon Adventure PSP

It won't be released overseas, sorry to say. Digimon simply doesn't have a large enough fanbase to warrant it, especially on a dying platform like the PSP.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

We usually get Digimon games, so I doubt we won't get it.

That being said, what ever happened to that one PSP game that was announced? This can't be it…it wasn't based off the show, but was like a Digimon World game.

You mean this one:

[video=youtube;2-FwQdkK938]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FwQdkK938[/video]

It has already been released in Japan, last July. No word on a release overseas though so I'm guessing the odds are against us on this one.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

You mean this one:

[video=youtube;2-FwQdkK938]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FwQdkK938[/video]

It has already been released in Japan, last July. No word on a release overseas though so I'm guessing the odds are against us on this one.

don't forget that we never got Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, nor Super Xros Wars Red/Blue either. So we haven't received a Digimon game here in a bit.

that said, this one BETTER COME HERE DAMMIT! >:|

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Yeah, that's the one. What did the scores for that one look like?

I have no idea, haven't read a review for that game. It's supposed to be similar to Digimon World 1, where your mons need to eat, get sick, die and stuff like that.

don't forget that we never got Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, nor Super Xros Wars Red/Blue either. So we haven't received a Digimon game here in a bit.

that said, this one BETTER COME HERE DAMMIT! >:|

IMO, the odds are a bit more in our favor because the game is about the first season of the anime, which has been broadcoasted worldwide and was very popular.

Then again, the fact that no Digimon game has seen Western light in quite some time bothers me quite a bit..

Kyle

Website
gohans.tumblr.com

AT LEAST a PSN release, please.

I'm praying for this to be released in the states (and in other countries of course). I believe it has a huge chance since the release of the DVD and Saban has the rights to the entire Digimon franchise.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Digimon Adventure 01 was actually just released on DVD in NA,which has been selling really well. That might bode well for this game possibly seeing a localization but it being on the PSP doesnt.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Could have sworn there was a thread on this already. Guess not. Meh.

Wish it would be localized. Wish it was for Vita and had online too. But we'll get none of the above. D;

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Could have sworn there was a thread on this already. Guess not. Meh.

Wish it would be localized. Wish it was for Vita and had online too. But we'll get none of the above. D;

Nope, checked the threads of the past few months and saw nothing about this game. Since it was only announced at TGS last September, I only had to check the threads of the past few months.

I still hope we're getting this though... I would even be happy with an American release, then I'd just import it (PSP is regio-free, right?).

I mean, obviously, I prefer an international release because then, everyone would be happy but if an American release is the only possibility, then I think a lot of people would still be happy because the English translation. It's hard to find people that don't understand English so yeah.

Another thing that makes me wonder about the possibility of localization is that this game is made for the 15th anniversary of the franchise. Not only that but despite PSP being as good as dead, A LOT of people own a PSP so there are many potential buyers.

On the other hand, this article states that the game's story will only recap the first arc of the first season, which I'm guessing is the "Devimon arc". This could throw off some people.

So yeah, it could be a risk for Namco Bandai to release it here. The story it depicts is relatively short, the popularity of the franchise isn't that high (especially with the younger folk, I don't think they really know Digimon, let alone the first season + if they don't know it, they'll just say it's a copy of Pokémon) and it's on the PSP, pretty much a dying console. Releasing a game on a dying console, despite the fact that a lot of people own the console, is a risk.

In short... I don't really know what to expect.

EDIT: Hmmmmm..... this game.... *_*

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Nope, checked the threads of the past few months and saw nothing about this game. Since it was only announced at TGS last September, I only had to check the threads of the past few months.

Nah, it was announced back in August.

Namco Bandai Announce Digimon Adventure Game

But anyway, I think the thread I was thinking of was for Re: Digitize from last year.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

let's be honest, the digimon anime is really not that good lol

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

let's be honest, the digimon anime is really not that good lol
I don't think anyone was saying it's like the best thing evar xD But I enjoyed it nonetheless and this game could be a good game... could.

Besides, this is a cherished part of my childhood you're talking about, dude! 8D I mean, back in the day, this was something I woke up for early in the morning every single day.

To be able to relive those moments in game form should be an awesome trip down memory lane lol

says the person who watched the shitty dub of it and nothing else lol
lol

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

yeah when we were kids and didn't know any better, sure

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

i watched adventure 01 and 02 this past summer and honestly the dubs are so fucking bad i can't find a single redeeming quality.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

For me, it's not so much the voice-acting as the writing that's terrible. I don't think it's a great dub, but considering it was the late 90s, I've heard a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back