• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character Deaths?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Since the Xehanort saga is coming to close, what do guys think about the posibilty of characters dying in KHIII? Now let me clarify this. I'm talking about main heroes (Sora, Roxas, Riku etc.). I'm not opposed to killing character off, but if it does happen, I want them to do it right. For example (probably not gonna happen), lets say that Riku dies. If that happens, I want it to have a Zack Fair death kind of impact. Anyway, what do you guys think? Do you think any characters are going to die aside from the villians, or do you think it's going to be a happy ending for everyone?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
As much as I don't want it to happen, I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that someone might die. I don't know why, but I just do. I hope not though.

I'll hate Nomura forever if Sora or Kairi die. Riku... I'd hate that too, but I can picture it happening honestly. But I honestly don't want anyone to die.

Light

faster than
Awards
I think that there is only too much room for someone to be lost to Xehanort. Personally, I would hope to see Terra and Riku through the mess, but at the same time they are the most likely to play the sacrifice. Ruran has put it nicely before, that all the GoL have the survival instincts of lemmings.

Awards
As much as I don't want it to happen, I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that someone might die. I don't know why, but I just do. I hope not though.

I have the same feeling. Except I think Riku's gonna be the one to die. I really hope it doesn't happen, but it's just a feeling.

I think that there is only too much room for someone to be lost to Xehanort. Personally, I would hope to see Terra and Riku through the mess, but at the same time they are the most likely to play the sacrifice. Ruran has put it nicely before, that all the GoL have the survival instincts of lemmings.

That would be like them. If they do die, I want their deaths to be impactfull. My worst fear is that they'll do what they did Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Well, Master Xehanort is almost certainly going to bite the dust.

Aside from that, I think we can safely assert that none of the protagonists are going to die. It would be incredibly anticlimactic in almost every scenario that's possible since:
A) Lea already sacrificed himself for his friends as Axel and it would be redundant to have him do it again
B) TAV, Roxas, Xion and Namine are all going to be "saved" from torment so killing any of them off would be equally redundant
C) None of the Disney characters can die, guaranteed

I would, however, like Nomura to deliver a very tragic and emotional Isa death, maybe delivered at the hands of an emotionally conflicted Lea who's forced to choose between his first real friend and the new friends he's made. Maybe he feels the only way to save Isa at this point is to take him down, to prevent him from doing harm he knows the real Isa would never want to.

I would also make an exception for a Terra death, since Terra is deeply connected with Xehanort and may end up being some kind of last-ditch kill switch (or something) in their efforts to take the baddie down, but even then I'd expect it to be a fake-out that ends with him being rescued miraculously. Maybe the lingering presence of Eraqus has something to do with it, saving him at the last moment in some way.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, Master Xehanort is almost certainly going to bite the dust.

Aside from that, I think we can safely assert that none of the protagonists are going to die. It would be incredibly anticlimactic in almost every scenario that's possible since:
A) Lea already sacrificed himself for his friends as Axel and it would be redundant to have him do it again
B) TAV, Roxas, Xion and Namine are all going to be "saved" from torment so killing any of them off would be equally redundant

I would, however, like Nomura to deliver a very tragic and emotional Isa death, maybe delivered at the hands of an emotionally conflicted Lea who's forced to choose between his first real friend and the new friends he's made. Maybe he feels the only way to save Isa at this point is to take him down, to prevent him from doing harm he knows the real Isa would never want to.

I would also make an exception for a Terra death, since Terra is deeply connected with Xehanort and may end up being some kind of last-ditch kill switch (or something) in their efforts to take the baddie down, but even then I'd expect it to be a fake-out that ends with him being rescued miraculously. Maybe the lingering presence of Eraqus has something to do with it, saving him at the last moment in some way.

I totally agree with the Isa thing. I knew from the beginning that Lea was going to be one of the Seven guardians since Isa was one of the Thirteen. Nomura obviously set that up like that on purpose.

And I didn't even think about Eraqus! He'll definitely play some role in KH3.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Not exactly a death, but I think it'd be neat to see an exact copy of the final moments of the fight between Aqua and Terranort. Terra barely regains control, holding himself back so that Aqua could make the finishing kill. Except this time, Aqua might be aware of all the terrible things that Xehanort has done, and will do if she doesn't kill him.

To which that would be an interesting way to develop Aqua, and maybe Ven too: Would you save a close friend if it meant damning the rest of the universe?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Not exactly a death, but I think it'd be neat to see an exact copy of the final moments of the fight between Aqua and Terranort. Terra barely regains control, holding himself back so that Aqua could make the finishing kill. Except this time, Aqua might be aware of all the terrible things that Xehanort has done, and will do if she doesn't kill him.

To which that would be an interesting way to develop Aqua, and maybe Ven too: Would you save a close friend if it meant damning the rest of the universe?

That's pretty much the only death I would be totally cool with. That would fit really well into the plot. Otherwise, no. No one should die.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Death is such an abstract and basically non-existant concept in Kingdom Hearts that it's hard to seriously discuss anyone dying. Barring Repliku, every character has been given the chance to be "resurrected" in some way, shape or form.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Death is such an abstract and basically non-existant concept in Kingdom Hearts that it's hard to seriously discuss anyone dying.

With as much time as I've invested into fully understanding every detail of the Kingdom Hearts universe, I can't believe I forgot about this. In fact, I don't think death actually exists in Kingdom Hearts as far as we've seen. Even with Eraqus. He was outright murdered and yet he's technically still alive.

Wave57

Awards
So far the only way to die is from natural causes.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So far the only way to die is from natural causes.
And even that can be circumvented if we're to believe Master Xehanort. xP

I don't think it's impossible or even unlikely for people to die in the KH-verse (after all, look at what happened to all those Keyblade wielders during the War), it's just that Nomura doesn't like losing characters so he always writes them a way back in. I respect that: character deaths should be used sparingly and with careful consideration, not as a catch-all dramatic writing device to make people care about what's happening **cough** DEATHLY HALLOWS **cough**.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And even that can be circumvented if we're to believe Master Xehanort. xP

I don't think it's impossible or even unlikely for people to die in the KH-verse (after all, look at what happened to all those Keyblade wielders during the War), it's just that Nomura doesn't like losing characters so he always writes them a way back in. I respect that: character deaths should be used sparingly and with careful consideration, not as a catch-all dramatic writing device to make people care about what's happening **cough** DEATHLY HALLOWS **cough**.

Exactly this.
Bravo, I am actually a bit peeved as of now by people just proposing a main character to die for the rule of drama. Didn't we have enough "fates worse than death" and bittersweet endings during the whole series already?

Agreed again, KH III's second main point is saving suffering people, so any of the above mentioned would be anticlimatic in a form.

Oh, death does exist in the KH-verse in the form of eternal sleep and when the soul used up all its energy, but memories (and by extensions hearts, and therefore the spirit/essence of a being) have been said to be immortal since Chain of Memories.
Furthermore, that people remain in that eternal sleep is apparently also the norm and not an exception, as so far we have seen only one person who can directly revive people and that's Maleficent.
That beings can be awoken from that sleep and return seems to be the exceptional variant.
The way Sora will have to do the issue with TAV, Roxas, Xion and Naminé seems to have several conditions and needed tools (like the new "Key to returning Hearts") attached that makes the whole procedure pretty hard-working stuff.

In the end, we also have to keep in mind that KH is a fantasy universe where such things can be very well included. Disney also isn't an argument since depending on which Disney work you look, they also flip-flop between instances with permanent death and reversible death.

As for characters who might go to sleep and don't awake again from the "good" side, I'd say Eraqus and Isa are prime candidates.

Gonzales95

Awards
I see Terra biting the dust to be quite honest. Almost every character who's fallen to darkness has found a way to be saved from the deepest darkness. Obvious intentional parallels between Riku and Terra, but Riku was saved from the darkness by Sora & Mickey (and he then repaid the favour in 3D). Sora's supposed to 'save' all these people, but wouldn't it be more impactful if he couldn't save everyone?

Sora's only setback thus far has been that he wasn't named a keyblade master (something that will probably happen soon anyway) and something of real impact would be nice. MX has already implied that Terra is one of the SoD (or at least Terra-Xehanort) so I can see it coming down to Master Xehanort having to use Terra-Xehanort as his final stand, with Sora having to kill him regardless.

Aqua finishing off T-X is an interesting idea but it wouldn't make any sense from a gameplay perspective if anyone other than Sora was finishing off Xehanort. I know I'd be pissed!!

Fortissimo

Sora's only setback thus far has been that he wasn't named a keyblade master (something that will probably happen soon anyway) and something of real impact would be nice. MX has already implied that Terra is one of the SoD (or at least Terra-Xehanort) so I can see it coming down to Master Xehanort having to use Terra-Xehanort as his final stand, with Sora having to kill him regardless.

Aqua finishing off T-X is an interesting idea but it wouldn't make any sense from a gameplay perspective if anyone other than Sora was finishing off Xehanort. I know I'd be pissed!!

See, I still don't think Nomura will kill anyone off.

If Sora and Terranort battle it out at the end, the final blow will probably release Terras heart and then that would give them a prime opportunity to use the "Key to Return Hearts" and get his body back. Assuming that they have it by that point and know how to use it.

If any one dies, I agree with what others have said before. Isa at the hands of Lea.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
If death in this game preoably means turning into sparkles before sadly saying goodbye. It also mean we don't go looking for them. I'm sill wondering if Bringing back Master eraqus is an objective? Then again if he did come back he would be to powerful (as an active ally) for the god guys.

Anyway axel/lea seems like a good canidate if there ever was one to be killed

Death is such an abstract and basically non-existant concept in Kingdom Hearts that it's hard to seriously discuss anyone dying. Barring Repliku, every character has been given the chance to be "resurrected" in some way, shape or form.

Didnt we see repliku in DDD, wasn't that a sighn of things to come for him. A clone without purpose, who can use a keyblade, that a perfect puppet for xheanort. I alredy thought he was coming back, I just eonder what he will look like.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Didnt we see repliku in DDD, wasn't that a sighn of things to come for him. A clone without purpose, who can use a keyblade, that a perfect puppet for xheanort. I alredy thought he was coming back, I just eonder what he will look like.

Did we see Riku Replica in DDD? I'm still confused about that. I mean, yeah we saw an organization member pull down his hood and it's Riku's face. But given that they're in the Realm of Sleep, I thought that might have been a dream or something.

A

auburn-flare

So, Riku-Ansem then? Cause that would count as a version of Xehanort, even though it's basically just Ansem again.

Well, it was vague enough to be anything really. Riku said it was his "dark side" meaning it could've been a figure born within his dreams or Riku Replica actually paid him a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back