• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any explanation for Anti-form?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinobiMuramasa

Has there been any explanation behind why Anti-form exists? KH2 seemed to be pretty scarce with details on it; I think the only time it is mentioned is when examining the clothes in the mirror when it first explains the Drive Forms. I think the in-game description was something along the lines of, "A Form resulting from Sora's time as a Heartless." The whole idea of Sora turning into something resembling a Heartless and fighting without the Keyblade seems like it would be significant to the plot, so I expected there to be more of an explanation of it or at least have the possible implications of it addressed. Is there something I'm missing, like an interview with Nomura, that explains it? Or is this addressed in BBS? If it is addressed in BBS, I don't want to know the details since I'm making an effort to avoid all spoilers.

3keybladewielder

C2's Warlock
Unlike other Drive Forms, Anti Form cannot be purposefully activated. Instead, it will be randomly activated when Sora attempts to enter Valor, Wisdom, or Master Form, based on a hidden "Anti Point" counter. This counter is increased by 1 every time Valor, Wisdom, or Master Form is activated, but is reduced by 10 when Final Form is used. Gameplay-wise, the Anti Form exists as a consequence of abusing the Drive system, and is meant to be "strong but troublesome".[2] Anti Form is also the only Form that will activate if Form is used while in MP Charge state, though once Final Form is made available it can also appear. However, the counter system is ignored while the Two Become One Keyblade is equipped, as its Light & Dark ability will make it so only Anti Form or Final Form activate when Form is used. Anti Form starts at having a 75% chance of being the activated form when Form is used in this state, but goes down to 50% and then 0%, until Final Form is obtained.
Anti Form can only be manually deactivated outside of battle, though its Drive Gauge caps out at 6, and consuming Drive Orbs will actually cause the gauge to be consumed faster. In addition, though Drive Forms normally persist through cutscenes and Cup seeds, Anti Form will instead revert back to Standard Form. Anti Form is also unique among Forms in that while it possesses the "Anti-Glide" Growth ability, it cannot be leveled and is thus inaccessible in Standard Form. Like Valor Form, Anti Form cannot use magic, but it is also unable to use items. To top it off, Sora cannot pick up HP Balls while in Anti Form, meaning it is completely unable to heal in any way.
Anti Form is strongly reminiscent of the AntiSora Heartless from the first Kingdom Hearts, and Nomura has confirmed in an interview with Famitsu that Sora's ability to enter this form is due to his transformation into a Shadow.[2] Specifically, though, Sora's Anti Form has more feral behavior in which it runs about on all fours, and instead of using the Keyblade in this form, Sora attacks with claws on his hands. Aesthetically, Sora's skin and hair become ink black, his eyes glow yellow like a Heartless, and his clothes become black with blue accents. Furthermore, he constantly emits Darkness from his arms and back in the form of misty black and violet wisps.

represents the darkness that still dwells within Sora's heart

ShinobiMuramasa

XD Thanks...I should have mentioned that I had already read the KH Wiki. I understand all of that stuff, I was just wondering if there was more to it. Anti-Form seems interesting and it seems like it has plot potential. Maybe they'll address Sora's darkness more in the next game.

Janus Q

i think Sora should have a Nobody Drive form in the next KH, either that or he summons Roxas from the shadows and double teams with him for a bit.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
i think Sora should have a Nobody Drive form in the next KH, either that or he summons Roxas from the shadows and double teams with him for a bit.
This is is only just barely related to the topic, and not at all to the discussion. This is classed more or less as spam, so please refrain from making more of it.

Anti-Form is a resurgence of Sora's time as a Heartless, and is released when the build-up of negative/bad energy over successive non-purifying drive form transformations becomes too great.

Janus Q

sorry for not contributing, but anyway what i meant was since he has the ability to turn into his heartless form i think that a Nobody drive form should surface just like the heartless form. after all sora never really learned how to control the anti-form. like riku says he hasn't learned to master his darkness and his light, Sora only knows how to control the light but barely from what we've seen. thats why i think Roxas would be a cool summons in order to teach him to control his darkness.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Something along the lines of abusing power?..

Naruto - the more you use the Mangekyou, the worse your eyesight will get.
Drive Forms - The more you use the main three, the better the chance Darkness has of taking over.

That's my guess.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
i would like to know y he has the anti valor too
There's no such thing as 'Anti-Valour'. The Anti-Form isn't an opposite of any given Drive Form, just a dark/evil one, and it's existence has already been explained in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back