• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Pre-Launch Event in London

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

With the western release of KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- a mere two weeks away, it's only so long before the worldwide community will finally be able to experience the Xehanort saga from its roots in glorious high definition. Of course, none are as excited as those in the European and PAL regions, as Re: Chain of Memories, the PS2 remake of the beloved bridge game connecting the original story with its numbered sequel, was never made available to them. It's been 5 long years, but it's better late than never!

In order to celebrate the coming release of the series' first HD remaster, Square Enix will be hosting a pre-launch event at THE SOHO HOTEL in London on September 6th, 2013 from 6:00-9:00 PM BST

The lucky attendees who manage to procure a ticket to this event will be able to demo the game a week before it releases in any other western territory. They will also have the opportunity to meet Series Producer Shinji Hashimoto and Composer Yoko Shimomura, who will be there for an exclusive autograph session, so don't forget to bring any memoribilia to take advantage of this amazing opportunity!

Of course, Kingdom Hearts merchandise will also be available for purchase. To top it all off, attendees will be able to remember this day by utilizing the photo booth previously present at D23 Expo in Anaheim, walking away with pictures of themselves in familiar worlds of their own choosing, such as Destiny Islands, Olympus Coliseum and 100 Acre Wood.

Tickets for this event were sold out within the hour, so to all who are now able to attend, we hope you have a wonderful time!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's a shame these events mostly happen only in the UK :/

Expect it to happen more often now that SEEU is pretty much in charge of all western regions.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Weren't Shinji and Yoko in France last year? Lucky Europe~

I'd love to go to an event like this.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's a shame these events mostly happen only in the UK :/

You have to remember that the US got BOTH pre-release events for Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance. This is kind of the 1st official UK KH pre-release party or party of any kind (unless you count the 1.5 trailer thing) so I think it's cool. Getting the game a week in advance is the real incentive for me if I were in the UK. It'll also be cool to get the autographs and such.

Good luck UK'ers who got a ticket! Did tickets cost at all? Or were they free? I really hope they costed money cause if not, I bet most of the people who reserved them (if they were free) will either:

1) Not show up and waste a ticket
2) Sell them for profit

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You have to remember that the US got BOTH pre-release events for Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance. This is kind of the 1st official UK KH pre-release party or party of any kind (unless you count the 1.5 trailer thing) so I think it's cool. Getting the game a week in advance is the real incentive for me if I were in the UK. It'll also be cool to get the autographs and such.

Good luck UK'ers who got a ticket! Did tickets cost at all? Or were they free? I really hope they costed money cause if not, I bet most of the people who reserved them (if they were free) will either:

1) Not show up and waste a ticket
2) Sell them for profit

The KH3D event at least was only made possible due to Nintendo. If they didn't have that support, I doubt anything would have taken place in NA.

Tickets were free, as it said on the site. But everyone has to pay for transportation on their own and there's gonna be some pretty expensive stuff available for purchase there.

There's always the possibility that people will do either of those things, which is why SEEU encourages any fans who are able to attend but couldn't obtain a ticket in time to contact them so that they can avoid a repeat of the fan campaign incident.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
'merica! Land of the free, home of the uneventful T_T

They should just do special launch parties in ALL the major countries/continents! They can make them all different and still earn a ton of cash. Everyone wins! :3

Korai

Awards
Where is da murican love SE? D8
i know... i feel very left out D:
disney is american, after all, yet europe gets all the cool events. i know thats cuz of SEEU, but still... the could have given us another event or two.

Shasta

Awards
Square Enix events and America, rofl can those even be used in the same sentence? Like someone above me said earlier, Dream Drop Distance was a Nintendo sponsored event. We can only hope of getting a huge launch party or some kind of cool event. Though, when KHIII releases, considering how much hype it will definitely be getting, I can see Sony or Microsoft hosting a launch party of sorts here in the USA, might not be as big as Europe and the native country, but it's something.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
We've had conventions here in the US all summer. This may be a dedicated event, but I think we've had it pretty good.

says the guy living smack dab in the middle of the country and equally unable to go to any of the events that would/have been held in the US.

But either way, UK should have their fun.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
All things considered, the balance of events has been fairly even.

Also "hands on" in this case apparently meant that you can demo the game, not actually purchase lololol
(not much point in hyping it up then, don't you think?)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The KH3D event at least was only made possible due to Nintendo. If they didn't have that support, I doubt anything would have taken place in NA.

Even still, it is a KH event and I'll take it lol I mean, Nintendo doesn't do releases for all their games, I wonder if Nintendo initiated it or SE and asked if they could use Nintendo World.

there's gonna be some pretty expensive stuff available for purchase there.

Perhaps I missed it, but was it mentioned what will be available there? I would go back and a page and re-read it, but it takes like 10 minutes to load and right now, I'm just not in the mood haha gotta go to bed.

i know... i feel very left out D:
disney is american, after all, yet europe gets all the cool events. i know thats cuz of SEEU, but still... the could have given us another event or two.

Well, if Disney hopefully takes a liking to KH more (which I think is slowly happening) we could see a ton of KH events in Disneyworld and Disneyland, some even in Tokyo Disneyland (but not as many since it doesn't seem like Disney focuses on their international parks nearly as much).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nintendo initiated it

Not sure why it has to be repeated since Sign said it in the sentence you quoted. It was Nintendo who asked for it. It was only made possible because of Nintendo. Of course, SE did want to have launch events but it was not possible because of their budget and Disney being Disney. Nintendo wanted one, so they were able to have one.

If Nintendo didn't, they probably wouldn't have had anything at all.

Perhaps I missed it, but was it mentioned what will be available there?

Merchandise.

Well, if Disney hopefully takes a liking to KH more (which I think is slowly happening) we could see a ton of KH events in Disneyworld and Disneyland, some even in Tokyo Disneyland (but not as many since it doesn't seem like Disney focuses on their international parks nearly as much).

LOL. Yeah, don't expect that at all. Definitely expect SOME kind of event, but definitely NOT at Disneyworld or Disneyland. The venues themselves are ridiculously expensive to book and Disney is not going to spend that kind of money on a video game. They didn't put that much attention on Disney Infinity, their current flagship game that can potentially bring in billions of dollars from merchandising alone. They aren't going to put that time into a game they only get a small part of the cut from.

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea are not owned by the WDC so they operate separately from WDC decisions. Of course, they collaborate and work together (because clearly The Oriental Land Company has to get the permission to have these parks exist to begin with), but no decision like having a KH3 event would carry over to other parks because Disney would have no jurisdiction for it. It would 100% be up to Disney Japan and the OLC working together to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back