• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Missing Link - story discussion thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Thought it might be handy to have a thread to discuss the story, characters, and whatnot. I've linked the first four story chapters (minus the prologue) for convience.

Liodin

Awards
I'm already liking the Baroque Society members. I'm curious if we'll see any of them post ML era.
I'm looking forward to seeing Odin and what his role will be in this era. How will he get the Master Defender and the No Name? I feel that Brain will be his master.
Speaking of Brain, I'm really looking forward to seeing him in 3D. Same for Sigurd. What kind of relationship will these two have after the end of Ux?
And who will Luxu be? Will we see Luxord or Demyx? I think Sigurd could be Demyx.

I'm really eager to see how the story unfolds.

I've read the theories people have already, and no one is talking about this, but I feel like the scene of Remus and Player at Ephemer's statue in chapter 2 is forshadowing something. I think some connection between Ephemer and Remus.

Since we don't know how people in Scala know who is an Ephemer descendant and who isn't, I'm going to speculate and say that Remus is a descendant, and Player felt that link in Remus in that moment. Maybe it's something he's hiding for some reason? Or maybe he doesn't even know he is a descendant.

Who knows, but I feel that scene is important.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
My random thoughts:

- First, I love seeing people’s takes and speculation on the story. It’s been way too long since we had stuff to chew on. Yeah the first beta gave us a little, but this definitely gives us a better idea of what the story is going to be like.

- Definitely wasn’t expecting to see shady cops and hear “come back with a warrant” in KH, but I’m not mad about it. Lol. Gives me some hope for what we might see Sora encounter in a “real world” setting that may not be accepting of his presence. (Noting the skull with Keyblades on Yozora’s jacket that could indicate his people don’t take kindly to Keyblade wielders…)

- I’m expecting one of the other society leaders will be named Gaia and appear to be Terra’s ancestor.

- I think the researchers could be connected somehow to Radiant Garden considering their similar outfits.

- We now have KH!Loz, KH!Yazoo, and KH!Lucrecia.

- Interested to see what’s up with Remus. There’s definitely some suspicious behavior, but I think he probably has good motivation for whatever he’s up to. Maybe he has a brother named Romulus?

- The mind control thing will probably come back later where one of the major characters are used to betray us or something.

Chie

Awards
If the uniforms in Radiant Garden were originally from Scala, then I guess the suggestion is that all humans are descended from keyblade society and the people in Radiant Garden were perhaps of a bloodline that was excluded from having the religious authority necessary to wield the keys.

Disney characters, of course, are not human.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
If the uniforms in Radiant Garden were originally from Scala, then I guess the suggestion is that all humans are descended from keyblade society and the people in Radiant Garden were perhaps of a bloodline that was excluded from having the religious authority necessary to wield the keys.
Also, that old theory about the unicorn symbology littered around the Old Mansion in Twilight Town being related to Ira/the Foretellers is starting to hold a little more weight, if Ansem’s lineage or profession can be traced back to Scala times…

Squood!

seibah
Awards
And who will Luxu be? Will we see Luxord or Demyx? I think Sigurd could be Demyx.
Sigurd being Demyx? Doubt it. I'm pretty sure Luxord and Demyx aren't from Scala or any past keyblade society. That ancient keyblade legacy line was mistranslated anyway.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Never ceases to amazes how blatantly Disney worlds are always an afterthought to whatever lore they come up with.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Never ceases to amazes how blatantly Disney worlds are always an afterthought to whatever lore they come up with.

This is what has me thinking the Disney worlds could have originally been from Unreality/Realm of Fiction and we’re getting some Once Upon a Time situation where those worlds were brought into Reality caused by these distortions. That being why they are just resetting in Dark Road and aren’t physically present in UX.

MoM also talks about humans vs. other living beings in the UX scene about a Fictional World. There’s also some talking of expanding the world like “lining up books of fairytales one by one.”

Maybe the box contains not the Book of Prophecies, but the Books of Fairytales the Disney worlds are based on.

The Foretellers also still need a goal that puts our heroes at odds with them and I could see it being to purge Reality of worlds they think don’t belong there.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Sigurd being Demyx? Doubt it. I'm pretty sure Luxord and Demyx aren't from Scala or any past keyblade society. That ancient keyblade legacy line was mistranslated anyway.
No it wasn't. Some fans think they have more context on the scene than the people who work at Square. I've gone over it with Goldpanner. Calling it a mistranslation is way too brash of a stance to make before we see what the scene was actually implying.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is what has me thinking the Disney worlds could have originally been from Unreality/Realm of Fiction and we’re getting some Once Upon a Time situation where those worlds were brought into Reality caused by these distortions. That being why they are just resetting in Dark Road and aren’t physically present in UX.
There's a retcon that won't go over well with a lot of people. The idea that ALL Disney worlds throughout the series aren't "real".

LoneFox

Awards
A blank era severed from history

Has anyone else here thought about what that means?

My answer is, it means that this timeline will cease to exist after Brain goes back in time and destroys the Darkness (with a capital D) that is responsible for the mess in it. Obviously some people will be able to escape to the other timeline, which is where the main KH series happens.

Chie

Awards
There's a retcon that won't go over well with a lot of people. The idea that ALL Disney worlds throughout the series aren't "real".
I think this has been hinted at for a long, long time and have brought it up a lot. It's basically already canon to me, going by some dialogue in UX, but I won't explain it all again rn.

The idea of people actually getting upset at that seems like the kind of thing these themes are poking fun at in the first place, though. I mean, we know they aren't real. We've known the whole time. They're from movies.

It's a series where real important events physically happen within dreams, where people who "aren't real" and "don't exist" deserve life as much as anyone else, and where we're told that the real life city of Tokyo, Japan is "unreality". If someone went through all of that and then was like "what? agrabah ISNT REAL??? NOOOO" I would say they aren't very smart.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think this has been hinted at for a long, long time and have brought it up a lot. It's basically already canon to me, going by some dialogue in UX, but I won't explain it all again rn.

The idea of people actually getting upset at that seems like the kind of thing these themes are poking fun at in the first place, though. I mean, we know they aren't real. We've known the whole time. They're from movies.

It's a series where real important events physically happen within dreams, where people who "aren't real" and "don't exist" deserve life as much as anyone else, and where we're told that the real life city of Tokyo, Japan is "unreality". If someone went through all of that and then was like "what? agrabah ISNT REAL??? NOOOO" I would say they aren't very smart.
There's always been signs of contradictions with the Disney worlds & the lore even as far back as the first game. Between Clayton's & Jane's dialogue in Deep Jungle, the clock tower in Neverland, & the dalmatians there are apparently at least 3 different Londons. Which doesn't fit with the "all worlds used to be one" backstory. Throw in multiple Frances (1 of which had talking animals) & Italies & other repeated countries & it's a right proper mess at this point.

Oh, but let's not forget Deep Space's contribution here: the implied existence of an entire galactic federation comprised of assorted alien races. Were these aliens also part of the original one world? & how big is this federation considering that none of the dozens of worlds we've gone to are part of it?

It's starting to feel like at least 50% or more of everyone of my nitpick/shower thoughts posts over the years are actually getting addressed.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
This is the same series where people are still annoyed over two guys being named Ansem. Disney worlds being from a different plane of existence only to be misinterpreted as "not real" would floor them.

Even tho we never really saw a version of the World where Disney worlds were connected physically. They needed projections of worlds.

For all we know, the Disney worlds literally could have not existed in this "reality" until after the war.

Chie

Awards
Even tho we never really saw a version of the World where Disney worlds were connected physically. They needed projections of worlds.

For all we know, the Disney worlds literally could have not existed in this "reality" until after the war.
This is exactly what I think.

"Nobody can erase the stories - the worlds - that live on in the hearts of children."

This line from MoMmy, about how the world would generate after it was destroyed, suggests that the worlds come into being because children remember them. But why do children remember them? Because the MoM was sending children into a storybook (!) that took projections of them from the future. Those projections can only exist because the worlds physically exist in the future, but they only physically exist in the future because of memories of the projections of them from the past. They're bootstrap paradoxes in the same way the entire Book of Prophecies is.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
This is exactly what I think.

"Nobody can erase the stories - the worlds - that live on in the hearts of children."

This line from MoMmy, about how the world would generate after it was destroyed, suggests that the worlds come into being because children remember them. But why do children remember them? Because the MoM was sending children into a storybook (!) that took projections of them from the future. Those projections can only exist because the worlds physically exist in the future, but they only physically exist in the future because of memories of the projections of them from the past. They're bootstrap paradoxes in the same way the entire Book of Prophecies is.
But that begs the question

What were the "worlds" that formed the original world?

Chie

Awards
It's questionable whether they truly existed since Darkness talks about MoM coming to "this world" (Daybreak Town) as if it was a distinct metaphysical existence. Besides that we have the Keyblade Graveyard which its never actually made clear how the characters get to.

LoneFox

Awards
Key_Cast pointed out how some of the objects on the beach in Scala include a VHS tape, microwave, and a bike. These must be from Quadratum right?
Random debris from worlds destroyed by the keyblade war, probably literally falling from the sky.
In theory it could also be from Daybreak Town, but in that case it doesn't look very realistic, because it should be way more heavily corroded after a century in the sea.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Random debris from worlds destroyed by the keyblade war, probably literally falling from the sky.
In theory it could also be from Daybreak Town, but in that case it doesn't look very realistic, because it should be way more heavily corroded after a century in the sea.

Eh, I think it’s more likely they are intentionally meant to be “real world” type objects from Unreality. I don’t recall any VCRs in Daybreak Town. Lol

Remember the astral plane connects existence to non-existence.(aka Reality and Unreality.) So the distortions are likely pulling things in from the other side… (including the Player.)

Back