• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Special Deal for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX at 7-11 in Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well, this certainly is odd! When you think about 7-11, you'd generally be reminded of an everyday corner convenience store, would you not? Let's take that misconception out of everyone's heads with this little tidbit. In Japan, not only can you purchase games, but they've also offered up a special deal.

By preorder at 7-11 from January 21-March 11, you'll be able to purchase KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX at the discounted price of ¥6,280 (roughly $67.64 USD), down from ¥6,980 (roughly $75.18 USD) and receive a PS3 custom theme as well as a serial codes for items in the KINGDOM HEARTS PC browser game.

There's a limit on two copies per person so if you're willing and able, head to 7-11 and place your order as soon as possible!

Thanks Zephyr and goldpanner!

Edit: goldpanner has translated the description on 7-11's product page:

KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- for PS3: PREORDER EXCLUSIVE 

Product name:

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- for PS3

Pre-order period:

~11th March 2013 (Mon) until 10:00

Release date:

14 March 2013 (Thu)

Price:

Manufacturer's suggested retail price ¥6,980 ⇒ 7-Eleven special price ¥6,280

7-Eleven Original Bonus:

Product code for downloadable original PS3 custom theme

Product summary:

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is three titles in one! The first two titles in the series and an extending story make up three titles to enjoy on your PS3!

• Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: The first title in the series!

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, the North American version of the first title of the series with a great deal of added content, was released in 2002. This HD remaster has more new features!

• Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: The second title in the series!

The second title in the series, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, was released on the GBA in 2004. This is a HD remaster of the 3D full-remake released for the PS2 in 2007, Re:Chain of Memories!
※Sold included with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

• Kingdom Hearts Three-Five-Eight-Over-Two: The tale that connects to KH2! Enjoy the story as a HD video title.

The story of another protagonist, Roxas, released on the GBA in 2009. The important scenes have been recorded as this video title!

Attention:

※Preorders limited to two copies per customer.
※There are limited numbers so please place your preorder soon.
※There may be unavoidable changes to the final product. Please understand this beforehand.
※Images are of the unfinished product.
※If not specifically indicated, the price of all goods includes tax.

Source: ArikaMiz and bKvEBVAvUq

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Same here! Video games at the corner convenience store seems so far-fetched xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I bought my first slurpee from 7/11 on the 21st of January. It was raspberry.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I dunno if specifically 7-eleven does all this, but the convenience stores I went to in Japan were so different from western ones. You could pay bills, post mail, order things like concert tickets... it really is....... CONVENIENT

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Video games can be purchased at 7-11's in America too. They're just usually really shitty games. Weird though, considering promotions with an actual game store would probably bring in a lot more profit.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have translated the 7-eleven product description found here, just for fun :)

----------------

KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- for PS3: PREORDER EXCLUSIVE

Product name:
Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- for PS3​
Pre-order period:
~11th March 2013 (Mon) until 10:00​
Release date:
14 March 2013 (Thu)​
Price:
Manufacturer's suggested retail price ¥6,980 ⇒ 7-Eleven special price ¥6,280​
7-Eleven Original Bonus:
Product code for downloadable original PS3 custom theme​
Product summary:
Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is three titles in one! The first two titles in the series and an extending story make up three titles to enjoy on your PS3!​

• Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: The first title in the series! <HD remastered version>
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, the North American version of the first title of the series with a great deal of added content, was released in 2002. This HD remaster has more new features!​

• Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: The second title in the series! <HD remastered version>
The second title in the series, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, was released on the GBA in 2004. This is a HD remaster of the 3D full-remake released for the PS2 in 2007, Re:Chain of Memories!​
※Sold included with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

• Kingdom Hearts Three-Five-Eight-Over-Two: The tale that connects to KH2! Enjoy the story as a HD video title.
The story of another protagonist, Roxas, released on the GBA in 2009. The important scenes have been recorded as this video title!​
Attention:
※Preorders limited to two copies per customer.​
※There are limited numbers so please place your preorder soon.​
※There may be unavoidable changes to the final product. Please understand this beforehand.​
※Images are of the unfinished product.​
※If not specifically indicated, the price of all goods includes tax.

iLeen

Awards
Haha, thanks goldpanner! Makes it all the more official with translations.

I've never been to 7-11, but I was NOT expecting videogames being sold there. Chains outside of the U.S. are so much cooler than the ones in the U.S.

Well, happy buying for all the people in Japan!

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
How funny cause I was just at one yesterday. The japanese are very lucky and it seems like a very good deal too.

Shasta

Awards
That's pretty nifty, having a discount at the 7-11 though preorder. The tranlation says that 358/2 was released on the gba back in 2009, not sure if that was a tranlation error or they just got handhelds mixed up o.o

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I dunno if specifically 7-eleven does all this, but the convenience stores I went to in Japan were so different from western ones. You could pay bills, post mail, order things like concert tickets... it really is....... CONVENIENT

there are some in the US where you can send mail, but I agree. All this is is rare in "the greatest country in the world"

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That's pretty nifty, having a discount at the 7-11 though preorder. The tranlation says that 358/2 was released on the gba back in 2009, not sure if that was a tranlation error or they just got handhelds mixed up o.o
yeah 7/11 made an error.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
So does this mean that the US MSRP will be $60? Because I seriously hope it's the usual $40-50.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That is odd...does anyone have a photo of the complete banner that they have for it? In the photo in the OP you can only see some of it with Riku's face cut off ^_^

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If we did have a full photo, we would have used a full photo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back