• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Greatest Video Game Music 2 - Fate of the Unknown Sample Track Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

If you recall back in September, we discovered that Fate of the UnknownKINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep's main theme (although it did not appear in-game) would be featured in The Greatest Video Game Music 2 album! We've been waiting eagerly for the album's upcoming release on November 6th, 2012 and our patience will soon be rewarded! They've since uploaded samples of all the tracks onto iTunes, and you can check it out below! You definitely do not want to miss this beautiful song, played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra led by Andrew Skeet!

The Greatest Video Game Music 2 is available on iTunes for $7.99 USD and Amazon for $18.10 USD. Please support the official release!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
So much news in one night! @_@
I'm not sure to be joyed or worry about the inevitable drought where I'll look back and think about how this could all be spread.

But before I sound like a downer, cool chiz. Oh look, it doesn't break my wallet! :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Too much news *crawls away*

Sounds really good though!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Those sneaks uploaded the sample tracks onto iTunes and nobody knew. I've been obsessively checking their FB page and Youtube channel like every day waiting for this xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really like how they put a modern spin on "Fate of the Unknown". I thought they'd play it more traditional without the electric guitar and drum set, but this was a really different and it is still fantastic.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Sample track sounds so good. *u*

Wait this is from Greatest Video Game Music 2? Must find first one...

*finds it, listens to everything, so gooooood...

Decrith

I can't believe my eyes are so teary, damn that was beautiful.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Can I be honest and say that I kinda disliked that version? It felt so slow and weak and I truly expected something more powerful and exciting from the likes of the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

SimonCowell2.jpg

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Yay! Fate of the Unknown is finally being played by a live orchestra!

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Can I be honest and say that I kinda disliked that version? It felt so slow and weak and I truly expected something more powerful and exciting from the likes of the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

SimonCowell2.jpg

Well, it IS a sample and not the whole track so maybe it can get more "powerful" as the track progresses? I for one like it though but I can see where you're coming from nonetheless.

I guess we'll just have to wait until the whole track is released.

Honestly it felt a bit slow, it felt like it lacked energy

It does start off pretty slow and calm but listen to it again and notice how it's building up as the song progresses. I'm almost certain that it'll get more energetic/powerful at the very end.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The track definitely sounded slower to me, but I like it for that reason actually. Whenever I hear this song, my mind cannot stop thinking about the KH2FM secret ending with this music playing. The slower this music goes, the slower the action appears in my mind, which makes it appear more epic lol xP

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
It does sound a lot different than the original. I kind of wanted it to sound a lot like the original. XD But I still love it

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
To be honest, after listening to all the sample tracks they had uploaded onto Youtube, I was expecting something more on the "orchestra + chorus" side instead of the more modernized remix they went for. But good music is still good music~

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I love how the song builds up and (kind of) explodes at the end. Maybe it should've been a bit more powerful (especially at the end) but still, I enjoyed listening to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back