• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III and ?[chi] to be featured at Tokyo Game Show!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[b][PLAIN]Kingdom Hearts III and χ[chi] to be featured at Tokyo Game Show![/PLAIN][/b]

Since it's reveal at E3 2013, many fans have wondered when Kingdom Hearts III will see the light of day again. The answer is soon, as new information has 100% confirmed Kingdom Hearts III's presence at this years Tokyo Game Show, which takes place between the 19-22nd of September.

Also at Tokyo Game Show will be the online social game Kingdom Hearts χ[chi], as well as other Square Enix titles such as Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. At the event, attendees will also be able to purchase a sampler CD that contains popular songs from Dragon QuestFinal Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts.

You can view the Tokyo Game Show line up below, and the full line up here!

No word has been made yet about Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- being at Tokyo Game Show, however it is likely to be a similar case with Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- last year.

You can read all about Kingdom Hearts III right here on our website!

Source: aibo_ac7 via Twitter, Tokyo Game Show [1] [2]

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] to be featured at Tokyo Game Show!

it's time for the nomura game show!

(we're not going to sleep, are we?)

WaveK89

Re: Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] to be featured at Tokyo Game Show!

Although I am very excited about it, it just doesn't seem there would be much for KHIII. But, they always have their surprises which is why I am also excited to see if they announce 2.5 Remix. Can't wait! Should be a great show overall.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

In terms of KH III I would think that there is a decent chance that they'll reveal Sora's new outfit and maybe give us a first sneak peak at Mickey and Riku in their KH III forms.

KH 2.5 HD is probably the one that is featured without being announced.

As for X[Chi], maybe there's a slim chance for an overseas release announcement?
It may be non-canon, but the setting is undeniable cute and the cards are some shiny stuff right there, also because of several new render poses for the characters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Expecting at the very least the new outfits for Sora (and hopefully Donald and Goofy because they have yet to get an update on their clothes since the series started) as well as Riku and Kairi. Maybe some info on where they are at in the game's development.

A part of me expects that they would do the big first world reveal at D23 Expo Japan rather than TGS just to have something to hype them up with. (*crosses fingers for Robin Hood*)

As for X[Chi], maybe there's a slim chance for an overseas release announcement?

General rule of TGS is that none of their announcements unless specifically stated otherwise are related to the NA/EU/PAL market and should not be taken as such until NA/EU/PAL makes the appropriate announcement.

So I'd say the chances of them saying "hey we're also releasing chi in NA/EU/PAL" are slim. It's possible but slim.

It may be non-canon

You missed the news. They are adding a story element that will connect the game to the main series lol. Merry Christmas~

Last edited:

kaidoku123

You know i think Nomura is going to say sorry for what happened (The Development Hell + 0 News Involing It) with Versus XIII/XV by Telling News about KH3 Every Major Game Event things

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know i think Nomura is going to say sorry for what happened (The Development Hell + 0 News Involing It) with Versus XIII/XV by Telling News about KH3 Every Major Game Event things

lol Yeah, he already said the plan is to be more transparent about these games and giving more frequent updates, even if they aren't big ones and just "Look at this new character model" or some info on a game mechanic.

Versus was never in Development Hell per say. They just weren't allowed to talk about it, especially in 2011 when the decision was made to move it to PS4. At that time Nomura had planned to start sharing more info about XV, but the system itself hadn't been announced so they were bound by Sony policies to keep it under wraps until the reveal two years later.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

honestly i think he's the one who deserves the apology considering everything that went down when the info ban was in place (kotaku starting rumors in a pitiful attempt to bait them to release news)

at the end of the day, we're not exactly entitled to receive anything, news or even the game itself.

but we are getting more news as ethy already explained. i think what people most often overlook is that it actually hasn't been that long since the last batch of information we received, all things considered.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
honestly i think he's the one who deserves the apology considering everything that went down when the info ban was in place (kotaku starting rumors in a pitiful attempt to bait them to release news)

at the end of the day, we're not exactly entitled to receive anything, news or even the game itself.

but we are getting more news as ethy already explained. i think what people most often overlook is that it actually hasn't been that long since the last batch of information we received, all things considered.

Yeah. We got new info last month. It is INSANE that we'll be getting more in both September and October and then probably December as well. So used to new hiatuses that last endless months.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah. We got new info last month. It is INSANE that we'll be getting more in both September and October and then probably December as well. So used to new hiatuses that last endless months.

Tis the season~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Expecting at the very least the new outfits for Sora (and hopefully Donald and Goofy because they have yet to get an update on their clothes since the series started) as well as Riku and Kairi. Maybe some info on where they are at in the game's development.

A part of me expects that they would do the big first world reveal at D23 Expo Japan rather than TGS just to have something to hype them up with. (*crosses fingers for Robin Hood*)

General rule of TGS is that none of their announcements unless specifically stated otherwise are related to the NA/EU/PAL market and should not be taken as such until NA/EU/PAL makes the appropriate announcement.

So I'd say the chances of them saying "hey we're also releasing chi in NA/EU/PAL" are slim. It's possible but slim.

You missed the news. They are adding a story element that will connect the game to the main series lol. Merry Christmas~

Considering Nomura made such an effort to create a mysterious vibe around Kairi by specifically mentioning that they haven't addressed her so far on purpose, I would not be surprised if they wait with the Kairi reveal until Jump Festa.
Sora's new outfit and maybe a first glimpse at Riku would be already neat though.

The only Disney character so far to get a clothes update if I recall correctly was Mickey, all other new outfits were only for original characters, or specifically the Destiny Islands-trio as characters like Roxas never got a "new" outfit but they had two from the beginning, as in casual wear and black coat.

Since KH III will probably have more worlds than any other title before, I could see as well that they already reveal a world.

That's to be expected, as I do not really expect Chi to come out internationally anyways.

What the hell Nomura?
I guess he just can't have something being a true spin-off without any ties to the story, can he? *ggg*
Anyhow, it is not really stated there what exactly they will do, so it might be a situation like with the Lingering Sentiment, that a character, a place or a specific event becomes a tie-in to the main series, but certainly not the whole setting of Chi itself, as it would be really awkward and nonsensical to have characters like Alice, the seven dwarfs, Aladdin or other already known people being around thousands of years ago before the Keyblade War destroyed everything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Considering Nomura made such an effort to create a mysterious vibe around Kairi by specifically mentioning that they haven't addressed her so far on purpose, I would not be surprised if they wait with the Kairi reveal until Jump Festa.

You know what I'd love? If they get enough of the cutscenes done where they can make a new trailer just to show off Kairi's new outfit. I don't know how much work they've gotten done in this year, so I doubt that'd happen but it'd be nice to see Kairi given some extra attention...and not in the creepy way Toriyama and Kitase do for LRFF xD

Sora's new outfit and maybe a first glimpse at Riku would be already neat though.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think he'll wait for D23 to probably share Riku's new outfit. I can just imagine how excited Mamoru Miyano would be sitting next to Nomura then a powerpoint slide changes to Riku's new outfit.

The only Disney character so far to get a clothes update if I recall correctly was Mickey, all other new outfits were only for original characters, or specifically the Destiny Islands-trio as characters like Roxas never got a "new" outfit but they had two from the beginning, as in casual wear and black coat.

Yep. Roxas has three, actually. Pajamas, casual, and black coat. Sora doesn't even have pjs.

Since KH III will probably have more worlds than any other title before, I could see as well that they already reveal a world.

Nomura and Disney probably had their meeting about worlds so I'd hope so. By the end of KH3's media period, I want there to be a ridiculous amount of worlds that it makes heads spin lol.

What the hell Nomura?
I guess he just can't have something being a true spin-off without any ties to the story, can he? *ggg*

Only Nomura~

Anyhow, it is not really stated there what exactly they will do, so it might be a situation like with the Lingering Sentiment, that a character, a place or a specific event becomes a tie-in to the main series, but certainly not the whole setting of Chi itself, as it would be really awkward and nonsensical to have characters like Alice, the seven dwarfs, Aladdin or other already known people being around thousands of years ago before the Keyblade War destroyed everything.

The story is still a fairytale, so it wouldn't be full canon. That's be almost impossible considering what you said. xD I'd definitely expect that certain elements (the factions, the Foretellers, that shady-ass cat Chirishii, Daybreak Town) becoming canon, but definitely not the game itself.

I said this in the other thread but I'd love to see somebody find the fairytale book and Sora is tasked to finding the missing pages. Every page has information on these things, maybe even sketches done by Nomura (or Kobayashi if he's one of the art director again because I loved the little comic things he drew for KH3D)

Also before you go out hunting the pages, maybe Yen Sid tells the story in his own way which gives us a montage cutscene of events and see the Foretellers and shady Chirishii in HD lol

Just some possibilities~

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I can't WAIT for more info! So stoked that I don't care how much or little it is, (so long as I get a bit in succession at a CONSISTENT pace) I will wait as long as they like before they release it. But they HAVE to be consistent, or I will demand. After all, that's what KH fans do. DEMAND! XD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
For III, I don't see them giving much new info. This could be an easy way to compile the pieces Nomura has already mentioned since E3(for the more casual fans) and to show off Sora's new outfit and maybe, if we're unrealistically lucky, a genuine test for the Kingdom Shader that is not the trailer released at E3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
For III, I don't see them giving much new info. This could be an easy way to compile the pieces Nomura has already mentioned since E3(for the more casual fans)

he's already done that like 20 times since E3, no reason to do it again.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If he just repeats everything for E3 again for the zillionth time, I will rage so hard omg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For III, I don't see them giving much new info. This could be an easy way to compile the pieces Nomura has already mentioned since E3(for the more casual fans) and to show off Sora's new outfit and maybe, if we're unrealistically lucky, a genuine test for the Kingdom Shader that is not the trailer released at E3.

Dear god no. He's not going to do that again. He had to repeat himself a million times after E3, then again a month after E3. He probably can't stand hearing himself say the same things 10 times over lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kh3 news already?....Is unsure of this.

Nomura promised more frequent updates. And he said at E3 there'd be new info at TGS no matter how small. So...yeah. It's weird, right? We never get news this fast. KH3D was announced, then went into about over a year of silence.

I'm welcome to KH3 news, though. Even if it is Riku in a swimsuit or Nomura saying "We've decided against Marvel" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back