• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Kingdom Key Made Real

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Sure, the plastic look-alikes of Sora's Kingdom Key look quite similar to the in-game weapon which is iconic to the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise. But never before has an authentic keyblade been forged with steel, until Tony Swatton "the master swordsmith and renowned propmaster" from the Man At Arms show decided to make one by himself, after tons of requests from fans. Take a look at the video of the forging below.

Forged using "high-speed belt grinders, scorching furnaces, and pounding power hammers", the Kingdom Key has never before looked so authentic. Although it lacks the power to vanquish heartless and lock the world's keyhole, it's still a very decent weapon, as demonstrated by Swatton himself taking the blade out to "bust up some stuff".

Source: MAN AT ARMS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This is insanely cool and he should make me one...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP!!
That is the greatest thing I have ever seen! WOW! I can not believe someone who does this stuff professionally would actually take on a project like that! That's insane!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Awesome! Naturally the crown bit has to be the sharp one, but it's insanely cool! I'd love to have one!

Edit: tried sharing on Facebook but my YouTube app crashes.

Last edited:

limit

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen... AN ACTUAL KEYBLADE THAT'S AWESOME

Sorarocks93

Awards
Now this is what I'm talking about! Not those plastic stuff. The only problem is that the crown isn't wider but he said it himself that he makes sharp weapons.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
That's utterly amazing. :D I'd love to see this guy make a legit version of Oblivion.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
My only question is why I can't summon this Keyblade, when I'm snapping my wrist and everything! Gosh, Lea. Give bad advice, why don't ya? LOL.

In all seriousness, though, this is freaking awesome. It's so cool that with things like this, our favorite fandoms come just a bit closer to being reality. And, of course, things like this make me all nostalgic, and remind me of why I love KH to begin with.

So I applaud you, MAN AT ARMS. Thanks for the awesomeness that is this, and making all of our days just a bit more brighter:D This will go down in the KH record books, definitely.

Keyslinger

I would love to have one. Hopefully no Heartless or nobodies attack him. That's the Keyblade that they should use if they make a live action Kingdom Hearts movie.

Monkey D. Rocky

I want one of these Keyblades and like put it in a glass case on display at my house. That would be awesome. I hope that he makes a bunch more Keyblades of the other cool ones in the games. Great work, awesome video.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Is this combat ready? Gotta get me one of these for a zombie apocalypse or a heartless invasion.

BTW this dude should probably send this to Nomura as a thank you anniversary gift for the series.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
BTW this dude should probably send this to Nomura as a thank you anniversary gift for the series.

lol As cool as it is, something tells me with how dangerous it could be, they wouldn't give it to Nomura, IDK why, I just have this feeling they wouldn't xP

As for the weapon, that is really cool and as much as I'd love to have one, it is way to sharp for me. I swear with my bad luck I'd cut myself -__- Now if they made a blunt one, I'm all for that one!

P.S. On a side note, if you were a KH enemy, would you rather get hit once by this extremely sharp and swift one or repeatedly by a really dull, bulky one?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No lie, I would buy this if I had any disposable cash(or any cash at all)

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
This is the coolest thing ever! I would totally buy this in a heart beat. I wonder if he's selling it, or at least making another one to sell. I have a Keyblade but no where near as real looking as this. And he even made it a deadly weapon with blades. It's just so epic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back