• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Sora & Riku Play Arts TRON: LEGACY Ver. On Sale March 8!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Amazon Japan has put up the product listing for the two new KINGDOM HEARTS Play Arts wih Sora and Riku in their TRON: Legacy outfits featured in the latest Nintendo 3DS game, KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Sora and Riku Play Arts TRON: LEGACY Version will be released March 8th 2013 for ¥ 6,073 ($75.74 USD) each!

Source: aibo_ac7 via Twitter

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Sora & Riku Play Arts TRON: LEGACY Ver. On Sale March 8!

Me gusta.

Who wants to buy those for me?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Sora & Riku Play Arts TRON: LEGACY Ver. On Sale March 8!

I'm not an action figure person but still.
*touches screen inappropriately*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Sooooo guys, my birthday's in a few weeks~ ;D

Need that Riku play art so badly.

Roro

Awards

:0 I'm not big on action figures but I soo want this, it would be cool if these glowed in the dark or something to give it more of a tronish look(although they look pretty cute as is :3)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

These look so amazing! :)

Is that what price the Play Arts are usually in Japan, or are they more expensive because of the extra-Keyblades?

Ezekiel

I love them.
Pretty awesome :)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Is that what price the Play Arts are usually in Japan, or are they more expensive because of the extra-Keyblades?

I can't tell. Usually Play Arts figures nowadays in the US are sold for $50, with inflation I could see it being around $75. However, the $50 Play Arts figures seem to be only for extremely detailed ones. Soras, Riku, Mickeys, and the rest of the KH gang that don't require as much detail used to go for $35. If that is the case, then up to $75 in inflation wouldn't make sense.

The reason I can't tell is because I'm not sure if SE upped all of its figures up to $50 (I haven't seen a Play Arts figure as low as $35 since the last KH figures) or if it is because of the extra keyblades. If I had to take a guess, I'd say the extra keyblades upped the price. SE sold a pack of just Play Arts keyblades a long time ago for a hefty price that are now pretty much impossible to find (IDK what happened to them).

I plan on picking these up the second they hit Ebay (importing from Japan is too much so I'll let someone else import them for me and then buy them) or Play-Asia. YAY!!!!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Keep in mind that things are more expensive in Japan and this conversion is based on the current exchange rates.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I need these. They will sit on my bookshelf. No...they will sit on the entertainment center so visitors can see *u*

*laments over being poor*

This seems to be about the upper end of the middle range for their Play Arts. Quality and labor determine the prices, if I'm not mistaken. If these were to be imported by SENA or something they'd be a bit cheaper because of exchange rates.

Herp derp ninja'd

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Thanks guys, I know things are generally cheaper here but I was just wondering if they would cost as much as the previous figures or not is all. :)

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

Pretty cool jazz. I like how they made the DDD Ultima weapon, Overdrive and End of Pain.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

$75?!?!! why did the price jump $50?!!!

Hm? I mean if it hits the states officially it won't cost as much but if you order it from import sites you won't find it cheaper than $70...One site had it listed for $85.

I'd say the Keyblades have made it cost more than what it probably could have been without them.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I'm not going to lie, those are some very sexy Keyblades. You even get a set of hands. Do they do that very often?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm not going to lie, those are some very sexy Keyblades. You even get a set of hands. Do they do that very often?

Yes, but usually only one hand variation, but depending on what kind of weapon or common poses a character has they usually give whatever hands required xD

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

SO MUCH WANT. Look at those keyblades too, they're BEAUTIFUL. I hope that they import them over here, I miss being able to pay just £20 for them...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

On the plus side, these figures should be released stateside. The only merchandise that they have trouble releasing overseas are the Formation Arts because they only make them as Mystery boxes in Japan now and they have trouble with licensing the mystery boxes here in the US since the US isn't as obsessed as Japan is with mystery boxes. So for those who want to get it, I'd advise waiting till they come overseas. Cheaper price and no high cost for importing :)

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards

March? Mah birthday's in March! ♥v♥
I really want Riku, and Sora's emotion is awesome, but I might wait until the non-tron versions come out.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Ahh the figures are so well crafted and the poses seem so natural and identical to the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back